2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
My biggest regret in gaming was trading a sealed copy of this and a sealed copy of Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 for the 360 for a PS4 right after the PS4 launch. I still have the preorder bonus T-shirt and poster up in my attic somewhere.
Yea, I think everyone from the cardboard era has more than a few regrets. For that was telling my mom it was OK to throw away Little Samson (CIB)... but keep Low G Man... :cold:

Steelbook version too, very nice! Hopefully Some rarer games are easier to find now if not being displaye. However, I'd rather they just update in store inventory online then have to ask for a list in store only to see all they have is 10 copies of Cory in the House.
yea, or just send everything back to the warehouse to allow some stock to accumulate. Heck, even raise the price up slightly! :pc:

My gamestops wont even check the drawers if you ask, they just tell you whatever is on the shelves is what they have.

But I know there's gold in them drawers, I just know it.
I have a few stores with very specific managers that absolutely refuse to print out any game lists (like all PS4 titles under $20 and just give that same line), or open any drawers to check inventory.. but luckily turnover is pretty high so eventually there'll be new associates to befriend and chat up into retro access! :fridge:

My biggest regret in gaming was trading a sealed copy of this and a sealed copy of Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 for the 360 for a PS4 right after the PS4 launch. I still have the preorder bonus T-shirt and poster up in my attic somewhere.
Why do you regret it? I don't know how much those games were worth when you traded them, but you got a brand spankin' hot new console that entertained you for a decade at launch that will still be getting new first-party games for another year or two. I bet it helped a lot during the pandemic.

Sorry if this has been asked already, but can anyone tell me the trade value for the PSVR headset? It hasn't been on the site in ages and google has no answers after 2019 and that was like a decade ago.

I assume you need the army of connecting appendages.

Thanks in advance.

Sorry if this has been asked already, but can anyone tell me the trade value for the PSVR headset? It hasn't been on the site in ages and google has no answers after 2019 and that was like a decade ago.
I assume you need the army of connecting appendages.
Thanks in advance.
Probably have to call them to check, but judging by the camera only it's about 40% of what they sell it for. Could be a matter of them just not taking them in because of covid too.

I've been building a PS3/360 collection, and there are a few local stores that still have displays for these games, but quite a few now are just printing me a list (or letting me go back and flip through the drawer myself - that was nice!) It's a lot easier to check off items on a list or pick them out yourself than rattling off the names of multiple games that they have to remember.

Can't say I've found a Metroid Prime Trilogy yet, but I did just order a copy of Alan Wake online and they sent me the collector's edition.

I know you cannot do this for games but are you able to trade in multiples of the same controller at once? I have a few of the xbox 360 controllers to trade in now that they accept them again.

I know you cannot do this for games but are you able to trade in multiples of the same controller at once? I have a few of the xbox 360 controllers to trade in now that they accept them again.
You can trade up to 4 of the same accessory at a time. Just remember not to trade in more than 4 of a SKU in a rolling 30 day period.

Does anyone know of a way to be notified when a game comes in stock at GameStop? I was browsing yesterday and stumbled on a game that had been OOS for a long time, which suddenly had 2 copies available. I realized that oh, sometimes people trade in games, and they become in stock, imagine that.

Do I have to just get lucky?

Does anyone know of a way to be notified when a game comes in stock at GameStop? I was browsing yesterday and stumbled on a game that had been OOS for a long time, which suddenly had 2 copies available. I realized that oh, sometimes people trade in games, and they become in stock, imagine that.

Do I have to just get lucky?
Pretty much. Gamestop killed the Wish List for some dumb reason.

Under the gear up for a great year part
Looks like it only shows up on accounts without pur as my normal account email doesn't show it
Just got back from doing trades and they offered it to me even though I just renewed a couple days ago. Also received an additional 5$ code. So basically a free extra year.

But your 10k points didn't come in yet, right? So we don't know if active Pro members can get the offer.
Just added in the last hour. Manager at gs said it would take 24 hours but only took 3 . Went from 18k to 28k.

EDIT: you actually get 10,300. 300 for the standard renewal plus 10k bonus

I renewed yesterday on an active Pro account unaware of the 10K bonus & the points are on my PWR account today.  Should be good to go for everyone!

Not sure about everyone else's gamestops, but over the last month or so all the stores in the region were told specifically to no longer display anything older than PS4 or XB1, so everything 3DS, Wii, PS3, 360, etc are now hidden in the drawers. They *ARE* still taking in older titles for trade ins, so I've taken to just asking to see the drawer when I drop by.. and finally found something I've been meaning to add to the shelf - unfortunately no promos to use, and I didnt change my birthday in time *cough* so had to pay the full $50-$5 monthly for it. :oldman:
Haven't been on CAG in a while. Could you elaborate on what you're referring to about changing your birthday? Thanks. Feel free to DM if you don't want to post publicly.

Can I ask when the email was sent or if there's a date on that? I recently renewed (Sunday I think) and I haven't received any additional points
GameStop emails sent on Aug 12 & 13 include the following section:

"PRO MEMBERS GET EXCLUSIVE EARLY ACCESS TO CONSOLES!

10,000 bonus points, early access to consoles & PC graphics cards"

The 10,000 bonus points mentioned above is omitted from emails sent earlier in the week.

Also, does anyone know if it is possible to purchase Pro online while using rewards points to pay for it? Thanks

Haven't been on CAG in a while. Could you elaborate on what you're referring to about changing your birthday? Thanks. Feel free to DM if you don't want to post publicly.
Was just a theory that if you wanted to move your birthday coupon (20% off preowned) to a more convenient month you could edit it in the personal data on the account - but it seems like each time you trade in they reset your birthday to the correct one if your state/country requires ID. I haven't gotten/used a 20% birthday coupon yet myself.

Was just a theory that if you wanted to move your birthday coupon (20% off preowned) to a more convenient month you could edit it in the personal data on the account - but it seems like each time you trade in they reset your birthday to the correct one if your state/country requires ID. I haven't gotten/used a 20% birthday coupon yet myself.
Bro, your mentality and hustle to get these deals is legendary!!!

With GS basically paying you to sign up for PUR, you could have an account for every month if you wanted to and the birthday coupon to match. I’ve considered it…along with double dipping the v2/v3/v4 for said accounts.

Haven't flipped in a while. Ran out of credit many months ago and moved to a smaller town with 4 GS's somewhat close by the other 2 look like they've closed down. Put $170 cash into flippable games at the beginning of the week and am looking at $700 credit after today. Not bad at all. If I lived in a bigger Metro area I def would've flipped all week long, it was insanely hard to get anything for in-store pickup and I had to order everything for shipping. Still have a couple games that haven't made it to me yet but oh well it was a pretty fun flip. 

Haven't flipped in a while. Ran out of credit many months ago and moved to a smaller town with 4 GS's somewhat close by the other 2 look like they've closed down. Put $170 cash into flippable games at the beginning of the week and am looking at $700 credit after today. Not bad at all. If I lived in a bigger Metro area I def would've flipped all week long, it was insanely hard to get anything for in-store pickup and I had to order everything for shipping. Still have a couple games that haven't made it to me yet but oh well it was a pretty fun flip.
That's a ton of credit! You could buy a house AND a sports car with all that dough!

Does anyone know, if I redeem points for a $50 certificate, can I use it to purchase a $49.99 game in store? Or is that 1 cent going to cause issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back