2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
With any cert

Anything below it will be free

$50 cert + $50 item = free
$50 cert + $49.99 item = free ( no change left over)

$50 cert + $40 item = free (no change left over )

$50 cert + $20 item = free (no change left over )

To maximize your certificates use it on items GREATER than or equal your cert

If you use it on an item way less than the certificate the item will become free with no difference to come to you

Employee at my local store told me that the system is going to be updated soon so that the registers will automatically price match the GS website, instead of us having to tell them to do it. She couldn't give an exact date

Employee at my local store told me that the system is going to be updated soon so that the registers will automatically price match the GS website, instead of us having to tell them to do it. She couldn't give an exact date
i believe the exact date it is expected to be working is between when hell freezes over and armageddon, give or take a few hours

With any cert

Anything below it will be free

$50 cert + $50 item = free
$50 cert + $49.99 item = free ( no change left over)

$50 cert + $40 item = free (no change left over )

$50 cert + $20 item = free (no change left over )

To maximize your certificates use it on items GREATER than or equal your cert

If you use it on an item way less than the certificate the item will become free with no difference to come to you
Random note: If you prepay fully for a random game ($59.99) using trade credit you can still use a $50 cert + $5 cert and they'll refund you $55 when you checkout. (Why not use a $50 + $10 cert you ask? too cheap to waste that penny!)

I wish GameStop had more than like 2 retro games online. I had a GameStop.com order of 6 game boy games from late 2019. Paid $37 and pricecharting.com estimates for loose copies total $160 now. Hope the Analogue Pocket actually ships in October.

I wish GameStop had more than like 2 retro games online. I had a GameStop.com order of 6 game boy games from late 2019. Paid $37 and pricecharting.com estimates for loose copies total $160 now. Hope the Analogue Pocket actually ships in October.
There was a decent restock in May. I got a copy of Hamtaro Ham Ham Heartbreak. Only thing I wanted.

This is good news. My local store doesn’t price match the website.

—————-

Can you use two certs on one item?

Got accused of being a reseller today for buying one copy of cyberpunk for myself on PS5 and a friend on XBONE with the price match to best buy . They denied the sale then offered to sell me just the PS4 one for Amazon’s price of $24.99

Got accused of being a reseller today for buying one copy of cyberpunk for myself on PS5 and a friend on XBONE with the price match to best buy . They denied the sale then offered to sell me just the PS4 one for Amazon’s price of $24.99
isn't their own website selling it for $10? Seems pretty crazy to be such dicks about it....

I got accused of taking food away from the SL's babies because I was trying to get tax refunded on a return once. Never had a good repertoire with this store - doing anything - so I've always come to this store to do crap like returns because bridge already on fire. :hot:

isn't their own website selling it for $10? Seems pretty crazy to be such dicks about it....
They told me some bs that they wouldn’t match their online price. I tried online and I think the person who accused me of being a reseller also flagged my account because I can’t place the order online. Guess that’s what I get for giving them my phone number and then mentioning the price match

They told me some bs that they wouldn’t match their online price. I tried online and I think the person who accused me of being a reseller also flagged my account because I can’t place the order online. Guess that’s what I get for giving them my phone number and then mentioning the price match
Must be nice to have such dedicated employees to go to war for you that you can fire at the drop of a hat the moment it's convenient to do so.

Store must be really hurting to freak out like that over 2 copies.
Even if you were a reseller, so what? It's 2 copies and you have the right to do what you want with them. It's not exactly a limited item..

Gamestop is the only store that can still pay minimum wage and the dipshits that work there will lay on a grenade to ruin your day. I don't even think they care about Gamestop at this point, they just want to make everyone around them as miserable as they are. Read through their subreddit for 30 minutes and you'll see. I got banned there because I said they ship new games in fake cases/without cases and they called me a liar.

Gamestop is the only store that can still pay minimum wage and the dipshits that work there will lay on a grenade to ruin your day. I don't even think they care about Gamestop at this point, they just want to make everyone around them as miserable as they are. Read through their subreddit for 30 minutes and you'll see. I got banned there because I said they ship new games in fake cases/without cases and they called me a liar.
hahaha! I made a topic there last year asking about trading several Wii games and wanted to know if they had still the promo bonus applied to them. I came back the next day with a near 100 replied topic where they let me know everything wrong with me.

I’ve been to 3 stores near me recently and the staff are all cool. Happy to chat and get me what I ask for.

For the others out there, not sure why they’d care. If I were them, I would let the checkout system tell me what’s allowed and not stir stuff up. Why would they purposely make their job less enjoyable by fighting customers?

I've had great and terrible experiences with GameStop employees. I understand a lot of their frustrations, and am willing to chalk up most of the unpleasant interactions due to them just being fed up and miserable. At the end of the day, I have no idea why anyone would want to work for them. A high pressure sales environment should be reflected with much better pay (car/furniture salesmen, cold calling, etc.) The quotas/numbers/percentages they are forced to reach are no way worth the pay they are getting. Much less stress and similar pay in a million other places. Not to mention sometimes having to hold the fort down by yourself or with just one other person. Having to restock, make a sale, accept a trade in all at the same time, not being able to take a lunch or bathroom break... at some point you just need to leave. Hell, the other day I saw a flyer for Jet's Pizza saying they pay $20-$25 an hour.

I’ve been to 3 stores near me recently and the staff are all cool. Happy to chat and get me what I ask for.
For the others out there, not sure why they’d care. If I were them, I would let the checkout system tell me what’s allowed and not stir stuff up. Why would they purposely make their job less enjoyable by fighting customers?
the people at the store i go to are straight up paranoid, hard to even get a price match out of them

they sense someone has 2 brain cells in their brain and feel threatened & start inventing rules
sucks cause its the closest store to me but it has like a 100% turnover rate for a reason

the people at the store i go to are straight up paranoid, hard to even get a price match out of them

they sense someone has 2 brain cells in their brain and feel threatened & start inventing rules
sucks cause its the closest store to me but it has like a 100% turnover rate for a reason
Unfortunately I have a fully paid-off pre-order for NBA 2K21 at a store like this. It's one of the few stores in my area I never go to, as the store lead acts like this particular store is his own personal business he's running.

I've managed to steer clear of this store for almost a year now, but I know I have to eventually move this preorder over to something else...

i dont got any respect for anyone that works there anymore
theyre basically there to peddle and buy funko pops with employee discount
i dont see any reason to work for this company when target will equally treat you like shit but pay you $15
they probably give more hours than gamestop does

people only come into the store to buy pokemon cards and funko pops
also ask for consoles which they never have

Well, you're right. I got one 2 weeks ago. They didn't even bother printing the fake artwork for it.

I know you're banned from commenting but did you read the flyer someone posted a few days ago?

https://www.reddit.com/r/GameStop/comments/p1d2rt/if_you_thought_gamestop_cared_about_its_employees/

As someone who worked at a Babbage's (before all stores were renamed Gamestop) from 01-03, I can provide *some* insight as to how things were (and may still be).  I can't speak to the POS system, since it was still DOS-based back then. Overall, most of the stupid stuff rolled down from DM or Store Manager level to the staff (as is normal for retail).  Here's what I can remember:

Metrics:

• MST - multi-sale transactions (transactions with 2 or more items).  This would be why you get Funkos & pre-orders pushed when you buy a single item.
  • Pre-orders - of course
  • GI/PUR Pro - of course

Gutted games - One copy of a game was "gutted", i.e. disk/cartridge, manuals, etc. are pulled and put away for a display copy of a box.  Of course, this means that lower volume games that get 1 or 2 copies means you never get a sealed copy.  At the store I worked, we had a cutter & hair dryer to "re-seal" a gutted copy, but you could tell it wasn't factory-sealed.

Pay: I started at $5.75/hr as seasonal, and ended at $7.50/hr as a Senior Game Advisor (3rd key for that store), so it sucked even for 20 years ago.  The one perk was the "check out", i.e. rental system where you got to try a game (gutted copy for console, boxed for pc....this was before widespread online requirements, so cd-keys weren't one-time use).  I got to play lots of PC games that I normally wouldn't have and was the "PC game expert" for the store.  Also, these people creating rules and jumping on a grenade for the company are either 1) tryharding for a promotion or 2) have too much time on their hands or 3) are trolly idiots.

Interesting/fun things from my time there:

• Working the Xbox/GC launches were crazy but fun
  • I got to see the death of the Dreamcast (and regret not having the $ to buy up all of the good games when they got clearanced out)
  • I can still distinctly remember the 15-20 people who would show up roughly 2x/year for Everquest expansions.  First, the day the expansion was in our system to pre-order and then on release day to pick it up.

Hope this helps, and excuse me while I turn to dust after realizing this was 20ish years ago...

Unfortunately I have a fully paid-off pre-order for NBA 2K21 at a store like this. It's one of the few stores in my area I never go to, as the store lead acts like this particular store is his own personal business he's running.

I've managed to steer clear of this store for almost a year now, but I know I have to eventually move this preorder over to something else...
Unsure if this still works (or ever worked), but if you really never want to go to that store, you could try this: https://www.gamestop.com/preorderdepositrefund/

Store must be really hurting to freak out like that over 2 copies.
Even if you were a reseller, so what? It's 2 copies and you have the right to do what you want with them. It's not exactly a limited item..
The GameStop Twitter was cool though, they’re sending me both the copies of cyberpunk I was trying to buy & a gift card

The GameStop Twitter was cool though, they’re sending me both the copies of cyberpunk I was trying to buy & a gift card
Twitter really is the premium support hotline for companies these days. I try not to go that route unless customer support through traditional avenues has completely failed.

For the person who was going to trade in Watch Dogs Legion during the +5 promo, the price shot back up.
Previous trade in: $16.50
+5 promo: $6.50 + 5
Current: $18.70

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back