2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welp unfortunately I’m trade banned, found out yesterday. I’d been keeping track with a game trade journal though, haven’t traded in one game more than 4 times.

Anywho, anyway to know how long I’m banned for? As soon as they put in my phone number in store they see the note when I try to trade-in. GameStop customer service can’t see it on their end and GameStop Twitter hasn’t gotten back to me yet
check your receipts and see if perhaps one of them put in the wrong item making you go over the limit

Welp unfortunately I’m trade banned, found out yesterday. I’d been keeping track with a game trade journal though, haven’t traded in one game more than 4 times.

Anywho, anyway to know how long I’m banned for? As soon as they put in my phone number in store they see the note when I try to trade-in. GameStop customer service can’t see it on their end and GameStop Twitter hasn’t gotten back to me yet
I recently found out I was trade banned too. I did trade in 5 copies of a game tho a month ago (before I knew about the limit) The guy didn’t say anything until he put in the info for my id. He didn’t say anything when he took my phone number. Not sure for how long but he told me “it says you reached the trade limit for the month”.

Hopefully it’s just for the month, but no idea

Here is a question I would like to know, has anyone had a trade ban go away in 2021? I've seen a bunch of people in this thread talk about how trade bans that are 6-8 months old are still sticking and it seems like they are just permanent now. 

Minor re-stock this AM - not sure when it started, but a few titles like Torna / DQVII/III / Metroid were available (at some odd sale prices) - didn't see any interesting systems, but probably checked too late  :oldman:

Good way to use the monthly cert at least since no more 20% off < $20 online

Here is a question I would like to know, has anyone had a trade ban go away in 2021? I've seen a bunch of people in this thread talk about how trade bans that are 6-8 months old are still sticking and it seems like they are just permanent now.
I don’t know much to be honest, I’ve had one trade ban years ago that lasted around 90 days back when redbox was selling games cheap that were flipped to GameStop for crazy profit.

Update tho on my current case is that Twitter GameStop is actually going to take a look into my trade ban for me, so once again going through their Twitter account seems to be the best bet by DMing them

I have been ban for over 2 years, so who know

How can you tell if you’ve used your monthly cert? I went a few weeks ago but can’t remember if that was to use the July cert or the august one.

Doh

How can you tell if you’ve used your monthly cert? I went a few weeks ago but can’t remember if that was to use the July cert or the august one.

Doh
Log in, check your Active Offers. If it's there, you haven't; if it isn't, you did.

Log in, check your Active Offers. If it's there, you haven't; if it isn't, you did.
A couple of things to add: If you use cert in store, it will vanish from your active offers but you can still double dip the code online.

And Gamestop sent me another email this morning telling me to use my $5 credit before the 31st. I thought they sent me a new code but nope, same as the one I redeemed. Not sure why they did that!

Nioh 2 got a huge bump to 13.00 base TIV...and Mario Rabbids did too.  I was on vacation during the $10 best buy sale where I could've flipped them for 18.20, but I'll take 13.00 base +30%...

If Far Cry 6 is G2L could I get the gold edition with the season pass, redeem that and still return it within 2 days for my full trade credit back?

If Far Cry 6 is G2L could I get the gold edition with the season pass, redeem that and still return it within 2 days for my full trade credit back?
should only be valid on the standard edition as $59.99 is the max trade value returned

should only be valid on the standard edition as $59.99 is the max trade value returned
I got the full $70 back for Ratchet on PS5 when i returned that but that makes sense because of the code inside for the season pass. Oh well thanks for the response

I got the full $70 back for Ratchet on PS5 when i returned that but that makes sense because of the code inside for the season pass. Oh well thanks for the response
yeah, it would be $70 for the standard edition ps5 / series x games. I was thinking of ps4 / xbox one

The "refund" will be based on the standard edition of the game. So if you get the $100 version or whatever, you're SOL getting it all back.

Can anyone recall the last time 40% or 50% in boost happened when trading in x number of games? I’ve been holding onto a good amount of switch games, but it seems like these never happen anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back