2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
I find the "game coin" strange. Could've sworn it was advertised previously for buying Sonic Colors Ultimate but now I can't find any mention of it. From a prior ad: "PowerUp members get $10 Game Coin when you purchase Sonic Colors Ultimate from 9/7-9/13."

First reviews are trickling in and looks like 80% scores so far and should include a baby sonic keychain!!!!!!

I find the "game coin" strange. Could've sworn it was advertised previously for buying Sonic Colors Ultimate but now I can't find any mention of it. From a prior ad: "PowerUp members get $10 Game Coin when you purchase Sonic Colors Ultimate from 9/7-9/13."

First reviews are trickling in and looks like 80% scores so far and should include a baby sonic keychain!!!!!!
The GameCoin should still be attached to Sonic--I've seen it mentioned in-store at two locations within the past week.

The GameCoin should still be attached to Sonic--I've seen it mentioned in-store at two locations within the past week.
Same. I saw the signs up at my store a couple of days ago.
Yeah, I pre-ordered SOnic Colors because it had Gamecoin attached.
Thank you all! Seems we're eligible for game coin as long as we purchase by the 13th. Might make sense to wait a couple days or so to see if GameStop will price match so we can get price match + game coin + use our $5 monthly PRO discount. As far as I know, that combo of promos could only be done online.

Two questions:
1) Do trade-in bumps/trade-in promotions typically happen during Labor Day weekend?
2) What's the best trade-in promo at the moment?
Thanks.

Dunno about the first part, but for the second question, the best trade in promo now is 30% extra bonus towards certain games. 

Unless there is something you want within the next couple of days, you can wait until Saturday night at Midnight when the new weekly ad comes up to see if there any Labor Day Trade in specials.

Two questions:
1) Do trade-in bumps/trade-in promotions typically happen during Labor Day weekend?
2) What's the best trade-in promo at the moment?
Thanks.
1) who knows, we haven't had a mwt bump for months
2) +20% bonus with a preorder on the transaction, such as ps5 deathloop. list of games is in the weekly ad.

Thank you all! Seems we're eligible for game coin as long as we purchase by the 13th. Might make sense to wait a couple days or so to see if GameStop will price match so we can get price match + game coin + use our $5 monthly PRO discount. As far as I know, that combo of promos could only be done online.
Interesting...yeah I preordered months ago. I'm afraid that if I try to have them price match when I pick it up that somehow they will inadvertently void my Gamecoin eligibility.

Super Monkey Ball Banana Mania Anniversary is $40 with Gamecoin too. I think the ad a few weeks ago listed like 4 games that were $40 and came with $10 Gamecoin.

You'd think they would have a page for all game coin games or at least list it on the product page. Cruisn Blast says this on the product page:

PowerUp members get $10 Game Coin when you purchase in full Cruis'n Blast before the day of launch of the game. Game must be picked up during launch week.
Interesting how the text on Cruis'n says purchase in full before launch. Sonic text from prior ad just says purchase launch week...

Super Monkey Ball Banana Mania Anniversary is $40 with Gamecoin too. I think the ad a few weeks ago listed like 4 games that were $40 and came with $10 Gamecoin.
This is news to me because I definitely would have preordered this if I knew. Are you sure it also has $10 GameCoin attached?

Do you remember which ones they had? Ive been looking for odin sphere and tetris effect and curious if they had those or not, thanks.
I checked Odin Sphere as soon as I saw endsjustify's post and it was OOS.
I can't believe how quickly some of this Vita stuff has gone up. A lot of retro games have leveled off or decreased since the COVID spike, but Vita stuff keeps going up. I wonder if this is related to the attempted PSN shutdown?

Do you remember which ones they had? Ive been looking for odin sphere and tetris effect and curious if they had those or not, thanks.
Borderlands 2, Ultimate MvC3, Metal Gear HD Collection, and I think Uncharted may have been available for a spell because it was in that weird state where it wasn't showing OOS on the main page but was in fact OOS when you clicked the link. I was aiming for Uncharted, but I was able to get Metal Gear at least.

Well, GameStop dropped the Switch price on Sonic to $33.88. However, we can't choose store pickup and preorders don't count toward free shipping. I have a store preorder and highly doubt they would update the price if I call or go in. Guess I'll just wait until release to see what the price is then.

Well, GameStop dropped the Switch price on Sonic to $33.88. However, we can't choose store pickup and preorders don't count toward free shipping. I have a store preorder and highly doubt they would update the price if I call or go in. Guess I'll just wait until release to see what the price is then.
Walmart and Amazon are same price. Price match those if GS website changes

I finally got a copy of Ys VIII and Diablo III on the Switch with the cover art after last week's restock. And when I went to return the loose Ys, the associate gave me cash instead of trade credit. Good week.

For the life of me, I can’t find where my $5 certificate is this month. It just takes me to all my old redeemed rewards and no $5 cert in sight.

Never mind I found it, it was just out of place hidden at the bottom.

Went to a further away Gamestop than usual because Google said they had a copy of Pokémon Conquest. They didn't have it supposedly but the associate wouldn't look any farther than the glass case. I did find a copy of Blue Dragon Awakened Shadow DS for $9.99 which was pretty insane and honestly way better than Pokémon Conquest so not all was in vein.

Went to a further away Gamestop than usual because Google said they had a copy of Pokémon Conquest. They didn't have it supposedly but the associate wouldn't look any farther than the glass case. I did find a copy of Blue Dragon Awakening DS for $9.99 which was pretty insane and honestly way better than Pokémon Conquest so not all was in vein.
I've only heard of awakening but never seen a copy myself. I own plus ds and awakened shadow 360 but never encountered the 3rd in the wild. All 3 have different gameplay styles the first being turnbased with the turn order on screen like ff10 atelier and cold steel but with row combat like glory of hercules and aoes like atelier and cold steel. The second is rts with 20 plus units on the field at one time and no easy way to control them. The 3rd is real time combat from what I read.

I've only heard of awakening but never seen a copy myself. I own plus ds and awakened shadow 360 but never encountered the 3rd in the wild. All 3 have different gameplay styles the first being turnbased with the turn order on screen like ff10 atelier and cold steel but with row combat like glory of hercules and aoes like atelier and cold steel. The second is rts with 20 plus units on the field at one time and no easy way to control them. The 3rd is real time combat from what I read.
Yeah it was Awakened Shadow, I was getting it mixed up with Fire Emblem Awakening lulz.

Been a while since I tried so can anyone confirm whether "doubling up" on the monthly coupons still works? By that I mean adding the code to your online cart, using it in-store, and then checking out an online order?

EDIT: can confirm, still works when done in the above order.

FFS I just got trolled hard by the $5 coupon code I added to my cart and forgot about. If you view items on the site while you have a coupon in your cart, it applies the coupon to the price of the item. I thought everything was marked down $5

FFS I just got trolled hard by the $5 coupon code I added to my cart and forgot about. If you view items on the site while you have a coupon in your cart, it applies the coupon to the price of the item. I thought everything was marked down $5
I've done that, tt made everything seem cheaper. Got excited trying to load my cart with MTG product.

Got two 99 cent games I ordered yesterday. One was an extremely clean and complete copy of Borderlands 2 for Xbox 360. Disc is basically perfect and not even resurfaced, and it's a "not for resale/promotional use only" copy for whatever that's worth. I was pretty much expecting any 99 cent game to be disc only so this was a pleasant surprise.

The other one was my copy of Dead Island, which was just a broken black Gamestop case with no disc inside. The dichotomy of ordering from Gamestop.com.

I guess there's no Buy 2 Get 1 Free for this Labor Day weekend, huh?  I guess end of an era.  Would have settled for Buy 2 Get 1 Free on $29.99 or less titles.

Got two 99 cent games I ordered yesterday. One was an extremely clean and complete copy of Borderlands 2 for Xbox 360. Disc is basically perfect and not even resurfaced, and it's a "not for resale/promotional use only" copy for whatever that's worth. I was pretty much expecting any 99 cent game to be disc only so this was a pleasant surprise.

The other one was my copy of Dead Island, which was just a broken black Gamestop case with no disc inside. The dichotomy of ordering from Gamestop.com.
Buying from GameStop online has become Russian roulette game :shock:

I can't believe they've had the B2+/Get 20% off in the ad for the last 2 weeks and its hasn't been activated at all. That level of incompetency doesn't happen on accident.

In store only.
...but they don't specify that in the ad, from what I can tell. A few weeks ago, the deal was working online just fine - the ad never changed, but the online deal just stopped. It's hard to tell if it's intentional, or if there is a serious communications error preventing them from realizing that it's busted.

Online reward certs seem to be working again. I dont remember the last time I was able to use one.

I'm quite curious of what denomination you used and what you used it on. For the brief window that they worked, trading and earning points for online certs was what made me shop at gamestop over other places. Until like 3 years ago I had to just let a $15 cert die in my active offers because gamestop cs was at their peak of not giving a shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back