2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Niche inquiry: Anyone have any success getting Atelier Firis for PS4 delivered complete in box? It goes in and out of stock and I got burned with a disc only copy my first try
Atelier wise I've never ordered them online. I always just go to wherever the closest store is and buy them in person when they are in stock. Buy I haven't bought one from gamestop in years. I skipped the last 6 games or so until thyza 1 and 2 so yeah.

Niche inquiry: Anyone have any success getting Atelier Firis for PS4 delivered complete in box? It goes in and out of stock and I got burned with a disc only copy my first try
I've had pretty good luck with this game, but it's been awhile, that was like a year ago. I feel like more often than not it came complete.

You have to make a Twitter and direct message them on the there
I did, but give me some kind of answer iu am not sure how to responds to. I've done some digging into this for you to see if there's any way we can help, and at this time, you will need to reach out to store you made your last trade at. They will be able to provide more information about your ban, and when it will be lifted.

I been ban for over 2 years and I am not even sure which store decide to ban me

I did, but give me some kind of answer iu am not sure how to responds to. I've done some digging into this for you to see if there's any way we can help, and at this time, you will need to reach out to store you made your last trade at. They will be able to provide more information about your ban, and when it will be lifted.

I been ban for over 2 years and I am not even sure which store decide to ban me
Stores can't issue bans, that's just someone being lazy on their end. If you have been banned for 2 years it's permanent. Make a new account if you can otherwise accept that you are done.

Atelier wise I've never ordered them online. I always just go to wherever the closest store is and buy them in person when they are in stock. Buy I haven't bought one from gamestop in years. I skipped the last 6 games or so until thyza 1 and 2 so yeah.
I’ve had success with Lulua and the other ones coming complete from online orders and in store. Firis for some reason, I got disc only
Both in store and online

Anyone remember how soon you have to pick up your preorder of Sonic Colors Ultimate in order to still get the Game Coin?   Last 2 days I wasn't able to pick it up.  Also they dropped the price but not sure if they would return me the difference since I'd paid it off in full already. 

Anyone remember how soon you have to pick up your preorder of Sonic Colors Ultimate in order to still get the Game Coin? Last 2 days I wasn't able to pick it up. Also they dropped the price but not sure if they would return me the difference since I'd paid it off in full already.
IIRC, you have to buy the game within 7 days of its release, so as long as you get to it within the next couple of days, you should be OK.

Anyone remember how soon you have to pick up your preorder of Sonic Colors Ultimate in order to still get the Game Coin? Last 2 days I wasn't able to pick it up. Also they dropped the price but not sure if they would return me the difference since I'd paid it off in full already.
From a prior ad: "PowerUp members get $10 Game Coin when you purchase Sonic Colors Ultimate from 9/7-9/13."

Does anyone know the deal with the Tales of Arise GameCoin? The weekly ad says you get it for purchasing from 9/10-9/16, but I've also heard GameCoin only works if you pre-order. 

Surprise trade bump on some consoles this morning. Xbox One X and PS4 Pro now at 250, increased from 200. Some other consoles and controllers value increased as well. PS5 at 350 and 250 for disc and digital, but I can't imagine anyone trading those in.

Surprise trade bump on some consoles this morning. Xbox One X and PS4 Pro now at 250, increased from 200. Some other consoles and controllers value increased as well. PS5 at 350 and 250 for disc and digital, but I can't imagine anyone trading those in.
Thanks for this, I have a PS4 Pro and One X looking to trade in.

Thank you! Tempted to trade in my One X since I got a Halo console preorder.

Your PS4 will make jet engine noises, which really helps with immersion if you're playing Ace Combat. Also, if you're one of the few studs who still plays Vita, you can stream PS4 games to it. You can't on PS5.

is there any reason to keep a ps4 pro if I have a ps5? Like are there really any games the ps5 can't play the ps4 pro can?
There's a small list of games unplayable on PS5 and a bigger list of games with issues.
https://www.pushsquare.com/guides/ps5-backwards-compatibility-can-you-play-ps4-games-on-playstation-5#all-ps4-games-that-dont-work-on-ps5
I'd personally upgrade for $250 if stock were reasonable. Whereas on Xbone X, the complete lack of Kinect support on the Series consoles is keeping me from upgrading directly.

There's a small list of games unplayable on PS5 and a bigger list of games with issues.
https://www.pushsquare.com/guides/ps5-backwards-compatibility-can-you-play-ps4-games-on-playstation-5#all-ps4-games-that-dont-work-on-ps5
I'd personally upgrade for $250 if stock were reasonable. Whereas on Xbone X, the complete lack of Kinect support on the Series consoles is keeping me from upgrading directly.
I have a ps5 already and a series x also, was thinking of trading the ps4 pro and one x to get a 2nd series x for the kids when stock comes back. I never used kinect so that is not an issue for me.

Tales of Arise shows $49.94 on the Walmart app when checking local store inventory, so make sure to use that for a price-match if picking up at Gamestop today.

Anyone know if Sonic Colors Ultimate Switch has a trade-in value, and if so, how much it is? Not really digging the game.
It should, but you'll have to call a store to find out--only games with a preowned listing will show in the TIV search on Gamestop's site.

post-146987-0-17881800-1631280058.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back