2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Since apparently people don't know, G2L codes don't go live sometimes until noon CST on the day of release. Sometimes they go live if games have early editions but it's always a crapshoot. The codes have sometimes only been for up to 59.99 even on ps5 games that are 69.99, and sometimes they are 69.99. There are no guarantees with any of this stuff, we have had games come out that were listed as G2L and were in advertising for it that never generated codes. Sometimes games that are not advertised have it, etc.

Basically it's standard Gamestop operating procedure, they could screw up a wet dream.

Is the $10 GameCoin for Sonic Colors Ultimate only in stores? Apparently there isn't any offer attached to my online preorders (even though I messaged customer service after preordering online to confirm that, there was indeed a gamecoin offer).

Is the $10 GameCoin for Sonic Colors Ultimate only in stores? Apparently there isn't any offer attached to my online preorders (even though I messaged customer service after preordering online to confirm that, there was indeed a gamecoin offer).
It may shock you to learn that Gamestop's CS frequently doesn't know what they're talking about. AFAIK, GameCoin offers have only applied to in-store preorders/purchases. Still, if you have a record of that confirmation, I'd contact them again if you don't see the GameCoin in your Active Offers by the end of next week.

It may shock you to learn that Gamestop's CS frequently doesn't know what they're talking about. AFAIK, GameCoin offers have only applied to in-store preorders/purchases. Still, if you have a record of that confirmation, I'd contact them again if you don't see the GameCoin in your Active Offers by the end of next week.
Surprised? No. Guess I'm glad I didn't do my trade-ins yet, since I can return/rebuy at the same time.

Went to trade in a bunch of games today and the guy rejected a few because he said they're not taking them anymore lol.

Cyberpunk (PS4)

Overcooked 2 (Switch)

Just Dance 2018 (Switch)

All of them are $12-15 games on the website, and I traded an XB copy of Cyberpunk on 8/31. He said they took in too many copies since the Best Buy clearance lol.

Not sure I really believe him, but I will say he did try scanning them and then looked like he was searching manually.

Can I ask what do you guys use the G2L thing for exactly? Are you somehow using it to make a profit (in store credit or otherwise) or are you just using it as a way to basically rent a new game for free? Or you just really like being able to return a game if you don't like it?

Can I ask what do you guys use the G2L thing for exactly? Are you somehow using it to make a profit (in store credit or otherwise) or are you just using it as a way to basically rent a new game for free? Or you just really like being able to return a game if you don't like it?
1. You get to keep the PUR points from buying the game.

2. If the game had preorder bonuses or a GameCoin offer attached, you keep those if you trade in via G2L.

3. The store's numbers aren't hurt by a potential return because you've done a trade instead.

trade shit in towards a game for boost > g2l > get trade credit back

use reward points on a $5 down preorder > g2l > convert to trade credit

price match walmart to 50 > g2l > get 60 back (id be careful with this)

g2l is really only good if you live somewhere that doesn't charge you tax for paying with trade credit.

It's an easy way to convert PUR points into trade credit.

well far cry is g2l and has a game coin so that might be worth picking up. not sure why ubisoft doesn't do a tuesday release instead of thursday though as friday is metroid...

“PowerUp members get $10 Game Coin when you purchase in full Cruis'n Blast before the day of launch of the game. Game must be picked up during launch week.”

Tempted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back