2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, there are other games which trigger the 20% bonus (the 30% is because of the 10% Pro bonus):

Deathloop

Metroid Dread

FIFA 22

Back 4 Blood

And yes, you can trade in additional games with another $5 placed on the Far Cry 6 preorder to get the bonus, then cancel the preorder later (either before FC6's release or after).
Wow fast response! Thank you for clarifying that.

Their app keeps giving me a errors on their trade-in page. I haven't traded anything in almost 2 years and holy, are they making every step harder.

I'm planning on picking up two pre-owned at one store and going to another to trade them in(I'm only need 1 extra set), do I need to trade in more for the 50% trade in bonus to trigger or would this work? I didn't get the email for this so I have no clue what the t/c are for this.

How many joycons did you trade? I take it you traded in joycons + your 3ds games to get total 50% on order?
2 joycons
few 3ds games
some switch games

like 8-10 things

notably got $40 for skyward sword

Just got back from trading in some items… I can confirm Xbox 360 controllers get bonus (19.20) and minimum trade value didn’t matter when I tested.

I traded in 5 games, 1 game under $5 base(Dreams) and the bonus still was 50% + 10% pro on all the games.

Just got back from trading in some items… I can confirm Xbox 360 controllers get bonus (19.20) and minimum trade value didn’t matter when I tested.

I traded in 5 games, 1 game under $5 base(Dreams) and the bonus still was 50% + 10% pro on all the games.
Did you need any cables with the 360 controllers?

Any restrictions on base trade value?
Maybe $2? Based on fancysnail's report, it's not a $5 threshold this time:

Nah, they just cared that it had a back cover.

I traded in 3 PS3 controllers, 2 PS4 controllers and 3 360 controllers, got my full 50%. She didn't even check the condition and the 360 were missing backs and thumbsticks were pretty bad.

Although I only got 40% promo and then my 10% from pro. I traded in 8 games and it all stacked wonderfully, just didn't get my extra 10% but I can't complain if she didn't even bother charging me a refurb fee on anything (some of the games were pretty beat up!)

Second, someone asked about the NBA 2k22, I picked it up for PS5, I was charged the full 69.99, and then she slyly applied a disc warranty on it and I did not even realize until after I left. Needless to say I will be returning it in the new few days and then picking it up again stating it says 59.99 on the weekly ad..

Do you receive PUR points when trading in games/consoles? Traded in my ps4 pro 2 days ago and still don't see the points for it
I think somebody said as long as you don't do a purchase in the same transaction as a trade you will. I could be and probably am wrong about that though (as I haven't traded anything in, that had that happen, since last year).

I traded in 3 PS3 controllers, 2 PS4 controllers and 3 360 controllers, got my full 50%. She didn't even check the condition and the 360 were missing backs and thumbsticks were pretty bad.

Although I only got 40% promo and then my 10% from pro. I traded in 8 games and it all stacked wonderfully, just didn't get my extra 10% but I can't complain if she didn't even bother charging me a refurb fee on anything (some of the games were pretty beat up!)

Second, someone asked about the NBA 2k22, I picked it up for PS5, I was charged the full 69.99, and then she slyly applied a disc warranty on it and I did not even realize until after I left. Needless to say I will be returning it in the new few days and then picking it up again stating it says 59.99 on the weekly ad..
that is smart, apply the warranty and then if you object, they drop the refurb bomb on you. smart move by you to lose the battle but win the war.

Did the employees know that there was a promo going on, or did you have to tell them about it? I don't have any proof since they don't seem to put this stuff on their website.

Did the employees know that there was a promo going on, or did you have to tell them about it? I don't have any proof since they don't seem to put this stuff on their website.
When I went in the system automatically triggered it. The employee also mentioned that they're in need of new consoles and stuff and things all were being bumped. I forgot to ask how much a PS4 would be trading in with the promo but it seems like it may also include consoles?

Maybe $2? Based on fancysnail's report, it's not a $5 threshold this time:
Depends on the game system I think. Some older games (PS3, 360) don't trigger the 50% below a certain threshold ($3 I think), but $2 PS4 and XB1 games seem to work.

Edit: Requires sets of 5 games to get 50%, To trade in at least 5(sets)+3 at least to get some extra bonus!

So anyone trade in 20+ joycons? :cold:

20+ joy cons? that's a lot of drift.  Gotta say I am tempted to trade in my launch ones for that kinda dosh. But I may need to keep them for that class action against nintendo. 

Does anyone happen to know the value of MLB The Show 21 PS5? It's not listed on the site, but if I go off of the XB values, it's pretty pointless.

Depends on the game system I think. Some older games (PS3, 360) don't trigger the 50% below a certain threshold ($3 I think), but $2 PS4 and XB1 games seem to work.

So anyone trade in 20+ joycons? :cold:
Damn, $2 360 games don't get the bonus? That's weird. Had a bunch I was going to dump, but I guess that saves the time wasted. They've gotten the 30% bonus whenever I've tried them, wonder why the 50% doesn't work.

Glad to see almost everybody seems to be getting the 50%, its nice to finally get some good info to share, neither of my accounts received the email that was sent out about the deal, and there is supposed to be an instore printed flyer that lists the details, but I have yet to read or even find it instore. Is there any mention of a $50 bonus on consoles? An unreliable source gave vague details on something they saw?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back