2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
I went and traded in a few things before close on the east coast. The employee was super knowledgeable and confirmed a bulletin had been sent out to all stores with the promo. She said it is running until October 9th. I cannot imagine base values will stay this high, but stranger things have happened.

Weird, traded in 7 games and only 5 of them got the bump. Luckily it was the highest value ones, but still I thought anything over 5 should get the bonus so not sure what went wrong.

Glad to see almost everybody seems to be getting the 50%, its nice to finally get some good info to share, neither of my accounts received the email that was sent out about the deal, and there is supposed to be an instore printed flyer that lists the details, but I have yet to read or even find it instore. Is there any mention of a $50 bonus on consoles? An unreliable source gave vague details on something they saw?
Multiple people on Slickdeals are saying they got a $50 bonus on the PS4 Slim and PS4 Pro. I can't confirm it myself though.

Edit: Also, I noticed looking over my recipe that the Xbox 360 game did not get a boost (base of $10).

what 2 games didnt get the boost?
Overcooked all you can eat PS5 and The Division 2 for PS4. What was weird is as they were ringing up the games the boost showed on them so I didn't pay any attention but once all 7 games were scanned it must have fallen off. Very strange. Luckily it was only a loss of like $6 so not the end of the world, but after trading my joy cons yesterday and losing $40 I can't help but feel like my gamestop luck is going in the wrong direction.

I traded in some controllers last week and the employees ran it through some program they had and said the analog sticks had drift. They probably did but still, I got hit with a refurb fee on all of them.

Weird, traded in 7 games and only 5 of them got the bump. Luckily it was the highest value ones, but still I thought anything over 5 should get the bonus so not sure what went wrong.
One of my games didnt get a boost too. I traded in 16 items. I think the promo only works in groups of 5s.

One of my games didnt get a boost too. I traded in 16 items. I think the promo only works in groups of 5s.
this makes sense, well gamestop sense anyway, with what some people are reporting. anybody trade in something like 8 or 9 items? in that scenario you would get 50% on 5 items than 30% on the other 3 or 40% on the other 4.

Actually groups of 5 seems like a sane rational for why some games didn't rings up, and lowest value games might get the excluded at least? If someone has promo bonus values @ 40% boost with +4 items, or 30% boost at +3 items can likely confirm.

Controllers seem to get the 50% boost without qty requirement at least!

this makes sense, well gamestop sense anyway, with what some people are reporting. anybody trade in something like 8 or 9 items? in that scenario you would get 50% on 5 items than 30% on the other 3 or 40% on the other 4.
I traded in 16 items in total, 8 controllers, 8 games, everything hit with the 40%. I watched her scan each game in, after each game it was being adjusted per % bump. After the 4th one it stayed at 50% (+ pro) and that was it. So I don't know if the promo is YMMV?

My receipt says promo #27422 in case anyone wants to crossref

traded in a dualshock 4 with a dead button, but the cashier was in dgaf mode and didn't even test it so i got the full $40 for it. 

Pretty annoying manager at my local store. If a 360/ps3/wii game has a single scratch it's a refurb fee everytime. Also pretty sure none of my older games got the boost don't know if that had anything to do with the refurb fees or not.

Had 3 switch controllers, 2 accessories and 3 games to trade.  Thought that since I had 8 items total that the system would boost the games by 50% but nope, only got 30% extra for the games and 50% extra for the accessories.  Decided not to trade the games until I got a stack of 5 or more...

Is there any mention of a $50 bonus on consoles? An unreliable source gave vague details on something they saw?
I got a $50 bonus on my ps4 slim. I was really pleasantly surprised to get $215 trade credit after 10% pro boost.
Edit: ps4 slim 500 gb

Has anyone from the ~January banwave tried trading again recently? Hoping it was just a 6 month ban so I can take advantage of this.

Has anyone from the ~January banwave tried trading again recently? Hoping it was just a 6 month ban so I can take advantage of this.
You can make a twitter account and private message GameStop with your account details and they’ll tell you the exact date your trade ban is over. I’m up for parole 11/2

I lost $50 on my ps4 pro trade in with this promo. I feel like i wanna die
When we trade things in here, we have to give a finger print and show Id and take a picture, essentially it’s a pawn. So like any pawn you should have 30 days to return and pay to get your item back. I’ve never tried doing it but I wonder if you could. Don’t know if that’s how they do it in your state.

When we trade things in here, we have to give a finger print and show Id and take a picture, essentially it’s a pawn. So like any pawn you should have 30 days to return and pay to get your item back. I’ve never tried doing it but I wonder if you could. Don’t know if that’s how they do it in your state.
I live in Massachusetts. The employer never asked for my id, just my phone number. I geuss i look trustworthy?

kicking myself for not buying more watch dogs
And here I thought spending 30 cents on 10 copies of Fallout 76 was too much!

It also varies in-state - it depends on the county pawn shop laws. You can be in a state where one city requires fingerprint + ID, and the town over doesn't require anything :cool:

You can make a twitter account and private message GameStop with your account details and they’ll tell you the exact date your trade ban is over. I’m up for parole 11/2
Was that a 3 month ban? Some of us are still banned from Jan/Feb! :oldman:

And here I thought spending 30 cents on 10 copies of Fallout 76 was too much!
They're giving $13.20 before any trade-in bonuses and selling it for $13.99 used. I used my $10 game coin on a $10 (not $9.99, $10.00) new copy 2 weeks ago before they raised it up to $14.99. I'm really not sure what's going on here with it.

When did your ban start? Mine is still going on from January. I still have a lot of points on my account so I'm hesitant to contact them and bring even more attention to my account before the points are used.

Have you read any of the past 15 pages?

Not to be snippy but people have said they have gotten it on 360 and wii games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back