2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Went to gamestop traded in 5 games, got denied nba 2k18 ps4 ended up getting 40%, $40 for dualshock, and $43.20 for pro controller. I begged the manager to give me another $50 in my ps4 pro i traded in last Friday. He cared less. I also showed him the $59.99 for nba2k22 ps5 and he wasn't having it. He insisted google was using old cache and the real price was $69.99 in the cart. fuck this guy fr

Im trade banned as well lol. Twitter told me it was permanent (which surprised me). Do they accept passports instead of an id when trading?
[/QUOTE]Yes.

This would be a great time to trade in a PS4 Pro towards a PS5 except GameStop does those ridiculous bundles, the latest of which adds an extra $205 to the cost (extra controller, a year of Plus and $75 in GS credit). I can save $20 - $30 on Plus alone, so that's over half the "bonus" gone.

[quote name="TimPV3" post="14424200" timestamp="1632781730"]

Got a response from support regarding my trade ban, looks like I'm gonna need a passport

[Thanks for reaching out to us. At this time we don't have a date on when the trade ban will be lifted. I do see there were tickets put in to gain access to your PUR card, which I do believe, in a sense is part of it. I'm sorry I don't have answers for you at this time.
[/quote][/quote]

Mine was linked to my name. Tried on a new account with all new info in a township that doesn't require an ID. Let me trade in once then it too was banned later in the day. Good luck with the passport.

Went to gamestop traded in 5 games, got denied nba 2k18 ps4 ended up getting 40%, $40 for dualshock, and $43.20 for pro controller. I begged the manager to give me another $50 in my ps4 pro i traded in last Friday. He cared less. I also showed him the $59.99 for nba2k22 ps5 and he wasn't having it. He insisted google was using old cache and the real price was $69.99 in the cart. fuck this guy fr
You begged him for more credit for something you traded in last week? That's not up to him, you know. He couldn't give it to you even if he wanted to. Trade-ins are final unless you sold them stolen shit. Don't ever trade stocks, though I have a feeling that won't be a problem for you.

Traded in 10 games and some controllers. Got $392. Nice to have some credit again. I watched the screen while he was ringing them up and noticed that the promo automatically applied to the 5 highest value games which is pretty nice.

[quote name="stringycupps1" post="14424216" timestamp="1632784222"]

[/quote]

Mine was linked to my name. Tried on a new account with all new info in a township that doesn't require an ID. Let me trade in once then it too was banned later in the day. Good luck with the passport.[/quote]

Weird. How could you get banned again if you didn’t use your name with the new account If the ban was linked to your name

[quote name="TTAZ" post="14424233" timestamp="1632787145"]

Mine was linked to my name. Tried on a new account with all new info in a township that doesn't require an ID. Let me trade in once then it too was banned later in the day. Good luck with the passport.[/quote]

Weird. How could you get banned again if you didn’t use your name with the new account If the ban was linked to your name[/quote]

Sorry should have clarified. I used my real name. But none of the other info was the same. Different address, email, phone, etc. Thats why I think its linked to my name rather than my ID because I didnt use an ID with the new account. I thought it was just my ID or email and phone number that were banned. Didnt think my name would be

I traded in 6 games, 4 Dualshock 4s and an X1 controller today. They tested the controllers. To my surprise, they all passed and weren't assigned any fees. 2 of the controllers were the original dualshocks. All of the controllers earned 40 a pop in trade credit. However, I noticed on the card scanning screen the guy tried to sneak in refurbish fees on the 2 games I purchased from redbox. I would have called him out for not informing me, but he had inadvertently added 2 BLOPS 3 instead of 1 Blops 4. So, I swiped my trade card, took my receipt and thanked him.

Im trade banned as well lol. Twitter told me it was permanent (which surprised me). Do they accept passports instead of an id when trading?
[/QUOTE]Yeah i got confirmation i got permanent ban. What does passport have to do with this?

Man, these gs employees are getting lazier and lazier. They didn't even bother checking the console I brought in for trade. Hope they are competent enough to reset the console before putting it up for sale.

Traded in 15 Switch games, 2 Joy-Con Controllers and a Pro controller for $640. They tried silently adding a refurb fee to the Pro Controller but when I said something they conveniently removed it.

4 joycons
So who's going to test the limit and see if you can trade in 4 of each SKU of joycon? O:)

Anyone trade in wii remotes successfully? Trade page says $0.01...

I ended up getting $160 for an original model Xbox One 500 GB, definitely going to try trading a One X tomorrow if my friend hasn't hit their limit.

Yeah i got confirmation i got permanent ban. What does passport have to do with this?
Wow, how did they tell you it was permanent? I assumed mine was and they were just beating around the bush.

I only suggested a passport because I assumed my driver's license number is banned, but I could use a passport as identification if I made a new account.

So the quote they give on the website does NOT include the extra 50% off, right?  I've only traded stuff into Gamestop once, so I am a total rookie at this.  I want to get in on this "dump old joycons for $64 and buy newer ones" trick.

I know there's limits on how many copies of a game you can trade-in per month...but are there any limits on how many copies of a game/SKU that you can buy per month?

EDIT: Specifically, order online for shipment

I know there's limits on how many copies of a game you can trade-in per month...but are there any limits on how many copies of a game/SKU that you can buy per month?

EDIT: Specifically, order online for shipment
There used to be, but not now after the site "upgrade" that also killed wishlists.

Going to trade in my Xbox series controllers for $49.50 each. Bought for $40 last holiday and find them less comfortable than the Xbox one controllers.
Kind of ridiculous considering the base black one is $50 at Microsoft store right now. It's a good time to update if you're feeling wear.

Edit: it's the same sale for GameStop.com. You can literally upgrade to a new Xbox controller for like $2 plus tax.

Has anyone tried trading in Wii/WiiU/PS3/360 games with the 5+ promo? I'm wondering if anything beyond current/next gen and 3DS count. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back