2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did a red pulse series x controller 48, electric volt series x controller 48, newer mario switch red joycons 32 left 32 right (w/ attachments), green/gold halo master chief original xbox one controller 40 for a total of 200
Just curious, why did you trade those newist color controller in.

End of an era, my Elite Pro finally expired today. I was able to renew at last, and got a 5 dollar coupon that won't activate until tomorrow but expires the day after.

FWIW, I traded in 5? 360 controllers the past 2 weeks across 2 stores have yet to be banned. So let's see what happens

with the game pass streaming, i am just going to use my phone when i don't have my xbox lol
Maybe explore this. I'd like it up on a TV though. Also with a 4 yo I wanted something for him. But maybe a little young still. A fire 8 might be the best compromise.

Are we able to return any of the games you get with the ps5 bundles for store credit? To pretty much get a different game? Not sure how that works since its a bundle.

Are we able to return any of the games you get with the ps5 bundles for store credit? To pretty much get a different game? Not sure how that works since its a bundle.
Your receipt should have everything itemized with it's individual prices so if you are swapping a game out it should be pretty painless. If you're trying to return then employee could deny based on it obviously being an online bundle, but again everything is itemized individually so if if you get an uninformed employee they can return items no problem aside from the gift card and PS+

Is there a confirmed low limit TIV that works with this promotion? I have a bunch of old 360 games I could get rid of.

The bonus is only on PS4 and Xbox One consoles.

Untied.jpg

Every holiday season I'm tempted to trade in one of my PS4 consoles and upgrade to a Pro because I'm not getting a PS5 for another couple of years and I always chicken out and every year the values goes lower and lower lol. The 192.50 trade in value for a 1TB PS4 Slim is really tempting considering it's just a 48 cent difference from how much I paid for it on Black Friday a couple years ago. Does anybody know if I have to bring in a controller as well as all the cables? Is there any chance the Pros will go on sale this holiday or has Sony completely stopped production of all PS4s to focus on the PS5??

I could not pass up trading in my PS4 Slim 1tb for $242.50.
Every holiday season I'm tempted to trade in one of my PS4 consoles and upgrade to a Pro because I'm not getting a PS5 for another couple of years and I always chicken out and every year the values goes lower and lower lol. The 192.50 trade in value for a 1TB PS4 Slim is really tempting considering it's just a 48 cent difference from how much I paid for it on Black Friday a couple years ago. Does anybody know if I have to bring in a controller as well as all the cables? Is there any chance the Pros will go on sale this holiday or has Sony completely stopped production of all PS4s to focus on the PS5??
I got $242.50 for my PS4 Slim 1tb yesterday after the bonus (with Pro membership). I also bought my PS4 during the Black Friday sale in 2019, like you did. You need the controller (Sony brand), HDMI, USB charging cable and power cord. The PS4 Pro stopped production back in 2020.

“Pros – Free Same Day Delivery Thru 10.24”

Just ordered an Xbox controller ($40 after monthly $5 pro coupon) with free same day delivery that I will look to trade this weekend for $48 when I collect $5 in Xbox credit using my October $5 pro coupon.

Does anyone know or think they know what the trade limits are? I’m going in for my third trade in on a few items but it’s not worth the extra 80$ to receive a ban and not be able to trade anymore.

Does anyone know or think they know what the trade limits are? I’m going in for my third trade in on a few items but it’s not worth the extra 80$ to receive a ban and not be able to trade anymore.
Known limits are still those in the first post of this thread. In addition, I believe they've been doing more manual flagging & reviewing of accounts since around January of this year.

“Pros – Free Same Day Delivery Thru 10.24”

Just ordered an Xbox controller ($40 after monthly $5 pro coupon) with free same day delivery that I will look to trade this weekend for $48 when I collect $5 in Xbox credit using my October $5 pro coupon.
Holy poo already delivered. Pretty sure it's the same controller I traded in the other day. :shock:

So I am a little late to the party. A one x is getting 325 credit for pros? And most games are getting 50% bonus?

Is there really no way to save your Trade Credit card information to your account so you don't have to type it in each time?  :shock:

Haha don’t let me pressure you. I only did it cause I’m a sucker for a good trade promo and have been trying to declutter my apartment.
The receipt shows “Xbox One X Cyberpunk LE”
Unloaded mine for $325 tc today as well. Which is slightly more than the price I paid for the console new. A good promo indeed.

Man I would’ve easily paid $300 cash for a cyberpunk edition Xbox one with the controller too. But alas, the allure of Trade credit
This was after having it listed locally for some time. My controller was still in new condition and I actually kept it. Traded in a well-used S controller instead with no issues.

Known limits are still those in the first post of this thread. In addition, I believe they've been doing more manual flagging & reviewing of accounts since around January of this year.
Thank you for pointing that out to me.

Wanted to mention I did go today and traded 6 games but still got 50% additional plus 10% pro on all of them despite not being in multiples of 5.

Also I traded in some dualshock 4’s that had stick drift issues, and although they did charge me the refurb fee of 7$ per I still got 33 for each which I think is great considering to me they were not usable anymore. Also got 24 for each of my ps3 move controllers (older ones with ps3 usb connection).

In addition I used my intro 5$ pur pro coupon for a 10$ psn card a couple days ago, but it seems the cashier never used it and it was still in my account today, so I asked to use it for another 10$ psn card today. Now I’m checking my account and that 5$ coupon is still there unused.

Forgive me, but I'm a little late to the party.

If I trade in two joycons this weekend, I should get $66? Is this correct?

I called two local stores and they both just gave me the $22 each that they show up for in the system.

What trade in promo is this, and how do I make sure to get top price when I trade?

Thanks for any help.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back