2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
It doesn’t look like I’ve gotten points for any of my trades. First one was 9/25 still nothing showing in my rewards account.
I did my joycon swap yesterday in two transactions, at two stores; my points for both transactions are already posted today. You might have to call in to support <shudder>.

Did you try selling it outside Gamestop during that time? Xbox One consoles were selling like crazy last Christmas. I saw deal groups posting links to One S and One X instead of Series S and Series X, and people were thinking they had ordered the new ones. Microsoft really confused a lot of parents with their stupid naming scheme.
Nah, I have a few things to sell on Amazon (where it makes sense to deal with their storage and handling fees), other than that I just wait for the right moment trade to GS. And I waited about 2 years for this lol.

Does it turn all the way off or just load to a black screen with the power still on? A recent update has caused lots of issues with original xbones that requires a software reset to fix.
Touch power button, turns on for like 3 seconds, turns off. No video output at all. No idea what happened to it, I picked it up at a Goodwill for $40 so I'm happy taking $100 instead of sinking time/money into trying to fix it.

Don't the $5 coupon print on the receipt be used right away?
I thought so, but 2 different employees told me the coupon doesn't activate until the next day and I didn't fight it anymore. I haven't been able to renew in so long I didn't know if the policy changed.

I thought so, but 2 different employees told me the coupon doesn't activate until the next day and I didn't fight it anymore. I haven't been able to renew in so long I didn't know if the policy changed.
LOL yup! I always think "That doesn't sound right, but these people spend 40 hours a week here and I just read stuff that strangers post on a message board." But they still find a way to be wrong 90% of the time.

I did sign up online to take advantage of the 7500 bonus points so that’s probably why. Tossed the receipt unfortunately so not sure what it said now. Also was told by cashier that October will have a 10000 point promo for signing up for pro. Said I could use it and extend my pro to take advantage of the 10000 points if I wanted. May be useful for anyone waiting to sign up for that specific promotion, it’s allegedly coming.
Is there a way to renew with points online? The rewards offers I see say "In store only reward"

I tried looking this up but can’t find a definitive answer: do your points expire? Is it 12 months after the transaction? Or 12 months after *any* activity like some airline miles.

Rolled the dice and bought a clearance item - Valhalla Gold Steelbook edition for 66, it's marked as new online. The one I received was not new, it was pre owned with the stickers ripped with. The person who packaged it was lazy and stupid enough to not even put the clear circular stickers they usually use on opened merchandise in store... Return! 

So do switch docks and cords get the boost? My son's switch has the purple light of death and might trade some games and his dock and cord in towards buying a new one. Probably due anyways, he dropped it in the toilet last year and the joy cons don't work when attached to the console. 

Some values I found to be high based on these games actual values

fallout 76 ps4 gets 19 after bonus/pro

Mario Kart Wii - 32
Grand Theft Auto 4 vanilla Xbox 360 - 9
Wii Sports - 19.20
Smash Brawl - 24
watch dogs legion ps4 -

modern warfare PS4 - 20

black ops 1 Xbox 360 - 12

black ops 2 Xbox 360 - 19

Wii remote (not plus) -16

cyberpunk 2077 -19

What happens when you get banned from Gamestop? Do they wipe your trade balance? Because... my trade credit is telling me 0 and I'm calling customer service and they're telling me the last thing they see are 0.00 balance charges that happened today when I didn't use my card. So I'm guessing fraud? 

Edit: the last thing I remembered was trying to check the balance online from Gamestop's page and it kept telling me error. So I'm guessing the page is compromised. FYI everyone don't check your balances online. 

What happens when you get banned from Gamestop? Do they wipe your trade balance? Because... my trade credit is telling me 0 and I'm calling customer service and they're telling me the last thing they see are 0.00 balance charges that happened today when I didn't use my card. So I'm guessing fraud?

Edit: the last thing I remembered was trying to check the balance online from Gamestop's page and it kept telling me error. So I'm guessing the page is compromised. FYI everyone don't check your balances online.
The best way to check trade credit balance is to start an order with an expensive item, add the trade card to the order, and it will show you the amount used and remaining. Dont complete the order, obviously, but this will tell you the balance.

The best way to check trade credit balance is to start an order with an expensive item, add the trade card to the order, and it will show you the amount used and remaining. Dont complete the order, obviously, but this will tell you the balance.
I'm getting insufficient funds - which... is a new

Some values I found to be high based on these games actual values

fallout 76 ps4 gets 19 after bonus/pro

Mario Kart Wii - 32
Grand Theft Auto 4 vanilla Xbox 360 - 9
Wii Sports - 19.20
Smash Brawl - 24
watch dogs legion ps4 -

modern warfare PS4 - 20

black ops 1 Xbox 360 - 12

black ops 2 Xbox 360 - 19

Wii remote (not plus) -16

cyberpunk 2077 -19
The wiimote trade I see on the website for plus and normal are .01 cent.

Will the $50 bonus to PS4/Xbox consoles last by tomorrow? Have an OG fat PS4 won't be able to trade in until tomorrow afternoon hoping to get the $215 after the bonus. 

Was the money on your POWERUP rewards card or a seperate trade card because it’s been advised not to fill money on your membership card in case of possibly getting banned?

Good piece of advice in general is to NEVER have your trade-in credit on your rewards card which is tied to your actual account, just use a separate generic trade-in card (and keep the # & PIN in a safe place just in case). They have never nuked a separate card over a ban, though I could see credit being revoked in extreme situations like if you traded in stolen items.

Was the money on your POWERUP rewards card or a seperate trade card because it’s been advised not to fill money on your membership card in case of possibly getting banned?
Separate trade credit card. I've lost that original card years ago.

First rep was absolutely useless and was baked off of his mind, he kept saying cool bro cool bro every 5 seconds. He said he'll escalate a ticket for me but that was it. Told me he can't see any charges as to why my card would have a 0 balance...

So I went online and did a chat w/ a rep, he was useless too and told me to go into the store and do that crap. So I did, store told me to call customer service and there was nothing else they can do for me. (Although they were probably upset that I left in my survey that they did not refund me my warranty on a game I returned, that was resolved today and they gave me back $4 dollars and change. But I rather have my $440 in trade credit!)

Finally got a hold of a rep who gave a crap, I told her what happened and she looked into the activity of the card. Indeed someone used it all in 1 full online order clearing out my balance. She asked me for all my details and made the loss report as detailed as possible. Told me theres a chance I may or may not be able to retrieve lost funds. I asked the question, if it's an online order, can't you just trace it and have it stopped? It's being delivered to someone that's NOT me right? She replied that there will be a formal investigation and they'll get back to me within 3 business days.

I'm going to call again tomorrow... If anything I learned being annoying gets the job done. I work in a corp customer service environment, when one person complains enough times people just want to shut him/her up

Is there a chance that card was listed as a payment method on your GS.com account which someone got into?
Either that, or they got their hands on it when they had that card details security breach a while back iirc.
No the card was relatively new, I started trading in 2 weeks ago with this card. Like I said, I tried checking the balance through the giftcard section under Gamestop.com and it kept giving me an error and would not tell me the balance. So I'm wondering if that webpage has been compromised, that's the only other thing I did that could've exposed me to such risk...

Just want to double check, but the only trade in bonus this month is the 50% on accessory trade-ins right? Looking to exchange joy-cons and  trade a game in.

I just traded in NES Remix (Wii U) and did not get the bonus. It was the 6th of 6 rang up as well as the cheapest of the bunch.
Same here, traded in 16 games and the last one did not get the bonus. It was just 1.10 so I didn't bother taking it back. Probably best to just trade in multiples of 5 since people are getting different results.

Also had to take back my joy-cons because they didn't have a Switch to test them so they were charging me a refurbished fee. Did you guys take your systems with you when trading them in?

Is there a trade-in bonus for games? Someone gave me a few games I already had, figure I'd join the plebes this one time by trading them in.

EDIT: So the trade-in is on 5 games? I also don't see Wii remotes on the website in the trade-ins section. Have some of those I could unload.

Separate trade credit card. I've lost that original card years ago.

First rep was absolutely useless and was baked off of his mind, he kept saying cool bro cool bro every 5 seconds. He said he'll escalate a ticket for me but that was it. Told me he can't see any charges as to why my card would have a 0 balance...

So I went online and did a chat w/ a rep, he was useless too and told me to go into the store and do that crap. So I did, store told me to call customer service and there was nothing else they can do for me. (Although they were probably upset that I left in my survey that they did not refund me my warranty on a game I returned, that was resolved today and they gave me back $4 dollars and change. But I rather have my $440 in trade credit!)

Finally got a hold of a rep who gave a crap, I told her what happened and she looked into the activity of the card. Indeed someone used it all in 1 full online order clearing out my balance. She asked me for all my details and made the loss report as detailed as possible. Told me theres a chance I may or may not be able to retrieve lost funds. I asked the question, if it's an online order, can't you just trace it and have it stopped? It's being delivered to someone that's NOT me right? She replied that there will be a formal investigation and they'll get back to me within 3 business days.

I'm going to call again tomorrow... If anything I learned being annoying gets the job done. I work in a corp customer service environment, when one person complains enough times people just want to shut him/her up
Sometimes. Other times they just ignore you and your issue never gets resolved. I find that to be the case more and more.

For what it's worth, this was the page I am seeing for Wii remotes:

https://www.gamestop.com/trade/details/?pid=10101897
Same one I linked above but cannot be seen directly on GS, this is from a Google search. Very YMMV in store depending how you present it if/when they say they don't take them.

https://www.google.com/search?q=gamestop+wii+controller+trade+in&rlz=1C1RXQR_enUS935US935&oq=games&aqs=chrome.0.69i59j69i57j69i59j69i60j69i61l2j69i65l2.2168j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

My mistake--thanks for the clarification.
PowerUp Rewards points are valid for one year from date of posting to the Member's Account provided the Member remains active in the Program. "Active" is defined as making at least one purchase or trade in every 12-month period. If at least one qualifying purchase or trade is made every 12 months, the expiration date of the accumulated points is extended for 12 months from the date of the qualifying purchase. If a qualifying purchase or trade is not made within 12 months, all accumulated points shall be forfeited and the Account is subject to closure at GameStop's discretion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back