2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Funny thing happened, yesterday I traded in my 5 items, one of which being that cyberpunk 2077 Xbox controller I had gotten from the GameStop website for $15.99 a month ago. It traded in for $40. I was going back after work today to trade in my PS4 Pro. I saw on the GameStop website that the same controller is still $15.99. GameStop instore doesn’t reflect online prices, but they will price match their own website.
Anyways I traded in my PS4 pro for $325 and got the controller for $10.99 of my trade in credit after I used my monthly $5 coupon on it.[attachment=36151:626F9ACE-E603-493C-86C3-0597F413EB1E.jpeg]

Debating if I should trade my switch in now for $220 or wait till next week to see if they have a promo for upgrading to the new model. Just have a feeling they’ll have a promo but tank the price…

Oh no they have an series s. Do I want to trade the fat Xbox for 160 and get it?
Forcing the bundle of an extra $45 to get 3 month of GPU feels pretty rough to me. Would it not be better to trade for 160, get 160 in Xbox credit and then buy the series S direct from Microsoft without a forced bundle on the next restock?

I guess controllers might not be part of the "5" set. They're their own thing. I traded in 2 controllers and 3 games. They only gave 40 percent with pur, not 60. Well, that's a good 8 dollars I lost out on.

I guess controllers might not be part of the "5" set. They're their own thing. I traded in 2 controllers and 3 games. They only gave 40 percent with pur, not 60. Well, that's a good 8 dollars I lost out on.
The promos from the Pro email are:
Trade in 3,4,5 games for 30%,40%,50% bonus value

Trade in Xbox and PlayStation systems for $50 bonus value

Trade in controllers for 50% bonus value.

If I redeem my points for an online reward, am I able to use it towards a PSN or Eshop card?

Or, do I have to redeem towards an in-store reward to use the points towards currency?

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

If I redeem my points for an online reward, am I able to use it towards a PSN or Eshop card?

Or, do I have to redeem towards an in-store reward to use the points towards currency?

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
I'd honestly do in store rewards. the online ones are borked.

I decided to swing by a Gamestop I rarely visit yesterday afternoon so I could use my September $5 Pro coupon before it expired and I'm EXTREMELY glad I did!

I got $329.60 trade credit for 10 games (5 of which were thrifted for under $12 total) and 4 XBOX 360 Controllers (also thrifted for $3 each) and found THIS in the display case:

BmHfRfa.jpg

Funny thing happened, yesterday I traded in my 5 items, one of which being that cyberpunk 2077 Xbox controller I had gotten from the GameStop website for $15.99 a month ago. It traded in for $40. I was going back after work today to trade in my PS4 Pro. I saw on the GameStop website that the same controller is still $15.99. GameStop instore doesn’t reflect online prices, but they will price match their own website.
Anyways I traded in my PS4 pro for $325 and got the controller for $10.99 of my trade in credit after I used my monthly $5 coupon on it.
attachicon.gif
626F9ACE-E603-493C-86C3-0597F413EB1E.jpeg
And this is what makes GameStop such a great company!

I decided to swing by a Gamestop I rarely visit yesterday afternoon so I could use my September $5 Pro coupon before it expired and I'm EXTREMELY glad I did!

I got $329.60 trade credit for 10 games (5 of which were thrifted for under $12 total) and 4 XBOX 360 Controllers (also thrifted for $3 each) and found THIS in the display case:

BmHfRfa.jpg
Damn I didn't realize Fire Emblem Fates goes for that much. I was debating whether or not to trade in my Conquest since I haven't touched it in ages (never beat it either).

Didn't think I would, but finally had to bite on this console trade in deal. Traded in the Xbox One X 1TB and got my 325. Traded a set of joycon, an old wiimote, 5 games and an old Kinect. Got a total of 512 and change. Now, just have to wait until they start selling Series X again. 

$500 got 10,000 points and tens got 300. Then I saw there had been a deal to renew online for 7500? Doh.

And I major borked trading only 2 games.

And how do we get the $5 reward? Can you see it in app or in store only?

$5 monthly rewards starts the month AFTER you sign up now.  the month you signup you get 10k points added to your account in a few days.

Did Lost Judgment have the $10 game coin?

Also anyone points slow to roll in?

I haven't got any points since the 16th and I picked up Lost Judgment and Death Stranding DC last Friday.

Did Lost Judgment have the $10 game coin?

Also anyone points slow to roll in?

I haven't got any points since the 16th and I picked up Lost Judgment and Death Stranding DC last Friday.
It did, but based on how the last two GameCoin offers (Sonic Colors Ultimate & Tales of Arise) appeared in accounts 8 days after release, I would check your Active Offers tomorrow.

Does Wii plus remote get more than regular wiimote?
I'm not for sure, but I'm thinking that if your GameStop does decide to take them, that they'll probably be the same $10 base. Which would be $16 with the Pro 10% and the 50% controller promo.

Questions? I don't see the Series X available to trade in? Whats the trade in value? Im getting the halo edition thats why i want to get rid of mine. Also why are the zelda joy-cons less trade in value than the other joy-cons? And last are new gen xbox controllers superior than last gen (as far as connectivity, input, lag, etc)? 

BmHfRfa.jpg
Is that the special edition with all 3 versions on one cartridge?

Questions? I don't see the Series X available to trade in? Whats the trade in value? Im getting the halo edition thats why i want to get rid of mine. Also why are the zelda joy-cons less trade in value than the other joy-cons? And last are new gen xbox controllers superior than last gen (as far as connectivity, input, lag, etc)?
You should get $435 for the Series X, that's figuring in all bonuses right now, if you have Pro membership and assuming the $50 extra on XBoxes/PlayStations also applies to the Series X.

Thanks! mine still works, thought it would be a bit higher with the bump... maybe if they were to sell that Halo controller from the bundle by itself (not the elite)

that pretty crappy conisder series x controller worth 48 after bump
Yea. I saw the gears elite controller was 50 so i thought that'd be it. But no. 35. I held off trading mine in. If it were base 50 i'd be more inclined.

Is that the special edition with all 3 versions on one cartridge?
Yep, it's Fire Emblem Fates: Special Edition which has Birthright, Conquest, and Revelation (which is otherwise only available as DLC for either standard edition) all on 1 cart.

Assuming the sticker is real, yes.
I was concerned that it might have been a label swap myself but I tested it as soon as I got home and it's legit!

Y5mmYlr.jpg

(the standard editions have the 'Birthright' or 'Conquest' subtitle on their title screens)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back