2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
FYI: GameStop sent out emails today with new Terms & Conditions for PowerUp Rewards, effective 10/1/2021. The company has killed off points on trade-ins “at this time”. So if you traded stuff in yesterday and expected to get a points boost… you’re going to be incredibly disappointed.

FYI: GameStop sent out emails today with new Terms & Conditions for PowerUp Rewards, effective 10/1/2021. The company has killed off points on trade-ins “at this time”. So if you traded stuff in yesterday and expected to get a points boost… you’re going to be incredibly disappointed.
Do you have a screenshot of that? Because I traded in a Series X White Controller for $48 after bonuses yesterday and the points showed up in my account this morning dated 10/1/21

I don't think that's right. If we're looking at the same place, it says "Players" don't get points for trade-ins. Players are the free membership, Pros are paid members. But they don't list how many points Pros get, so maybe it's true. Who knows.

Do you have a screenshot of that? Because I traded in a Series X White Controller for $48 after bonuses yesterday and the points showed up in my account this morning dated 10/1/21
https://www.gamestop.com/TermsConditions.html?utm_campaign=20211001_TermsConditions_WK35&utm_source=SFMC&utm_medium=email&utm_content=BNR_Pro_btn&utm_term=20211002_j36473_d8l&kxconfid=tbxx5hfqc&mi_u=1032724993&mi_ecmp=36473

It was good while it lasted. I was getting about $60 in rewards every couple of months.

Then again this is gamestop, we might be getting 10x points via trade in due to a glitch or something.

I don't think that's right. If we're looking at the same place, it says "Players" don't get points for trade-ins. Players are the free membership, Pros are paid members. But they don't list how many points Pros get, so maybe it's true. Who knows.
The updated T&Cs are vague on that. To your point, this does show up early in the document, before the Pro section— however, the Pro section mentions nothing about trade-in points at all when discussing benefits. It’s something that likely needs clarifying, but the way the T&Cs are now, it would not surprise me to see trade-in points killed across the board.

Given that points take 1-2 business days to show up, I guess we’ll know for sure this coming week for peeps who traded in yesterday or over the weekend.

Is the extra $50 credit still going on today? I want to trade in my PS4 slim since it just sits there.
I haven't read anything here or on Slickdeals about it cancelling, so it's probably worth going to check. It's a little early still for some of us today. I believe my local GameStop is just about opening here.

Do they usually check if the system takes discs? My PS4 Pro was a little slow taking in and ejecting discs and I was worried about a refurb fee, but when he tested the console and controller he did not check if it took and read discs. I have an original Xbox One that doesn't take discs or read them half the time, but sometimes does. If they don't usually check I would trade it in.
My PS5 can’t read discs at all …. Oh wait they built it that way.

Seriously though, there’s no reason to offer the information that isn’t asked for.

The T&C were referring to Player members not receiving points for trade-ins.

I traded in a PS3 Controller and an Xbox One controller without 3.5 mm jack for $52.80 this morning. I'll let y'all know if the points post in the next 72 hours

You guys are the master min/maxers and I'm not nearly as efficient. Still, felt like I did well yesterday thanks to the tips here.

My controllers were in good condition, but nevertheless years old and it's always nice to get fresh, new ones. Some of the games I actually got more store credit than I paid for them (RE Village, Cyberpunk) and none did I lose more than a couple dollars on since they were all bought recently during GameFly deals. That's usually how I roll: get game for decent price via GameFly, beat it, trade in to GS during decent promos. Here's the result:

EDIT: I did also resub to the Pro membership. Lady told me I would get 10,000 point for doing so. Anyone know how long it typically takes to get those 10k and also any points I might get for the trade ins? Thanks! 

vp7f6bz.jpg

Can confirm no bonus 50 on the switch, traded in newer mario all red edition switch v2 (220) . Also traded in a joy-con with broken/missing joy-stick (26) the receipt is weird but it looks like the joy-con was 32-6 (refurb fee), and that -6 somehow got taxed. So i really got 25.64 for the joy-con lol

Some of the Gamestop locations I've called today don't seem to know about the $50 bonus credit. Mentioned they think there's a 10% bonus but they weren't even sure about that. Deal might be dead or YMMV.

Some of the Gamestop locations I've called today don't seem to know about the $50 bonus credit. Mentioned they think there's a 10% bonus but they weren't even sure about that. Deal might be dead or YMMV.

Can confirm that the +50% still working on Saturday for accessories. Traded in 3 wiimotes and a ps3 controller I never got around to throwing away. All had problems, but the guy didnt even check them. Got around $75 total. +50% for ps4 and xbone consoles should also be good til the end of day.

That's because most GameStop employees are useless. I couldn't tell you how many times I've had to educate employees on their own promotions.

Is there a limit on the number of controllers of the same type to avoid a ban? I have 5 Xbox 360 controllers I want to trade in. Thx..

I got a question.  I basically pay to renew my friend pro account with his permission a few days ago.. on the 29th.  It print out the $5 coupon right away.  I went in to try to get the $5 coupon for the month fo october but they can;t seems to find it in the system.  

Traded in an Xbox One controller, but they scanned the wrong one from the book and it cost me $8. Keep an eye out for that, there's a "no 3.5mm" version with lower trade value. Guess it's my own fault for not catching it.

Making a note here... Huge Success.  Traded in Joycons, got $64.  Then ordered the Zelda Joycons from Target with the 10% off electronics, 5% Red Card, and HUGE $2 off sale price. 

Can somebody post the actual promo conditions?

My trade made zero sense:

Trade 1:
- (4) Xbox 360 controllers = $19.20 each (i.e. full 60% bonus applied)
- New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe = $27.50 (i.e. only 10% bonus applied)

Trade 2:
- Xbox One controller = $40.00 (i.e. full 60% bonus)
- Cyberpunk 2077 = $18.00 (i.e. only 50% bonus applied)
- Left 4 Dead = $12.00 (i.e. only 50% bonus applied)
- Pokemon Shield = $37.50 (i.e. only 50% bonus applied)
- Mario Tennis Aces = $37.50 (i.e. only 50% bonus applied)

Can somebody explain what's going on? Makes no sense that 4 controllers gets the entire 60% bonus in the first trade, and the game doesn't get any tiered bonus. And conversely it doesn't make sense that one controller gets the full bonus but the remaining 4 games only get 50% bonus in the second trade.

EVEN when I had them remove the NSMB from the first trade, the controllers still kept their 60% bonus.

Sorry for the noob question, but do Elite controllers (X1) trade in for the same price as a regular controller?  The only Elite I saw on the website was the Gears one, while I have the standard

And do all controllers traded in need a charging cable?

After looking into it, it appears that controllers and headsets get 60% bonus, no matter the number you trade in. Which is why I got the full $40 trade in value for my controller, and only 50% for the games (since I had 5 items total, but one of the items was a controller, which knocked it down to 4 games total which resulted in only 50% TIC boost).

Conversely the second trade had five items, and only one item was a game while the other 4 items were controllers, so I got no tiered bonus on the game.

So long story short, theae are two separate promos. So don't dcombine your total count between games and controllers like me.

Can somebody post the actual promo conditions?
My trade made zero sense:
Trade 1:
- (4) Xbox 360 controllers = $19.20 each (i.e. full 60% bonus applied)
- New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe = $27.50 (i.e. only 10% bonus applied)
Trade 2:
- Xbox One controller = $40.00 (i.e. full 60% bonus)
- Cyberpunk 2077 = $18.00 (i.e. only 50% bonus applied)
- Left 4 Dead = $12.00 (i.e. only 50% bonus applied)
- Pokemon Shield = $37.50 (i.e. only 50% bonus applied)
- Mario Tennis Aces = $37.50 (i.e. only 50% bonus applied)
Can somebody explain what's going on? Makes no sense that 4 controllers gets the entire 60% bonus in the first trade, and the game doesn't get any tiered bonus. And conversely it doesn't make sense that one controller gets the full bonus but the remaining 4 games only get 50% bonus in the second trade.
EVEN when I had them remove the NSMB from the first trade, the controllers still kept their 60% bonus.
Have you studied the game promo? You need to trade at least 3 games in one trade to get a bonus, 4 games gets a larger bonus, 5 a larger one. And more than five would reset the cycle just for the sixth game. It's not a straight 60%.

27 items total

Break down of bonuses I received:
- 4 items got 50% bonus
- 21 items got 60% bonus
- 2 items got 70% bonus (these two games just so happen to be PS5 games).
What I said above jives with my previous post.

Had 27 items total, 3 items were controllers and the rest were games. Makes sense why 4 items only got 50% bonus and the rest had 60% or 70% TIC bonus. Since the whole stupid multiples of 5 thing.

What I said above jives with my previous post.
Had 27 items total, 3 items were controllers and the rest were games. Makes sense why 4 items only got 50% bonus and the rest had 60% or 70% TIC bonus. Since the whole stupid multiples of 5 thing.
Controllers are a separate promo than the games promo. They get +60 percent total bonus, regardless of # of games, and also don't count toward the 5 games.

found THIS in the display case:
Similar story to this, but make sure you ask for stuff that isn't on display as well! Especially since people are trading in eveything they can that qualifies for +50% and controllers, you can see if you can snag a few nice things before they get shipped back to the warehouse like:

KGfKvzq.png

Here's a couple of pictures of the details of this promo from my GameStop email:

[attachment=36156:Screenshot_20211002-184604~2.png]

[attachment=36157:Screenshot_20211002-184608~2.png]

I think someone asked about the promo.

Similar story to this, but make sure you ask for stuff that isn't on display as well! Especially since people are trading in eveything they can that qualifies for +50% and controllers, you can see if you can snag a few nice things before they get shipped back to the warehouse like:

KGfKvzq.png
Damn, good call

When do new pro monthly coupons get mailed. I signed up a day or two before the month changed and I haven't gotten an Oct one yet. Thanks!

I get mine digitally through the app or website about the last day of the month.
Thanks. The one on my receipt was marked for expiration on sept 30 (purchased on the 28th), and I haven't seen Oct yet on the website... Would it show under active offers? Maybe just bad luck.

Thanks. The one on my receipt was marked for expiration on sept 30 (purchased on the 28th), and I haven't seen Oct yet on the website... Would it show under active offers? Maybe just bad luck.
The issue is probably due to the fact you signed up so late in the month. I had this problem once after renewal a year or two ago. The system didn't yet have you fully processed into the lists of pro accounts getting the october $5. So you might get it issued late randomly on the 5th or something, or worst case you will get missed for october completely. In the latter case, it's a pretty easy request for the customer service line to issue you 5k points instead, which is good for a $5 cert. Thankfully their customer service line isn't the outsourced/overseas painful experience it used to be.

So glad I decided to check this site today.  Traded in my white PS4 Pro (haven't unboxed it in years), switch joycons, some odd games, and an old 360 controller for a new pair of joycons and $430 in credit.  I was hoping I could score a Series X without giving up my 1X, and here we are.  I may be waiting a long time to get one, but I'm fine with that for what I'll be paying OOP

Hopefully values and everything holds tomorrow. Might take my PS4 Pro in. Been going back and forth. Haven't played it since I got the PS5, but it's kinda nice to have in the office in case I want to play and can't use the TV. I also have the red dead bundled one that is a newer revision that is much quieter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back