2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
How do you guys go about price matching Walmarts in store $50 switch games at GameStop? Take an actual pic in Walmart and show it to the employee?

How do you guys go about price matching Walmarts in store $50 switch games at GameStop? Take an actual pic in Walmart and show it to the employee?
I used the Walmart app to show the in store price. Couple weeks ago Walmart removed that feature but I’ve still got the old version of the app on my phone.

Why does their website suck ass. It takes forever to do an order, it takes multiple tries for it to take a gift card, and if I use 2.the $500 card says 0 balance after a $11 cover.

I hate it.

I used the Walmart app to show the in store price. Couple weeks ago Walmart removed that feature but I’ve still got the old version of the app on my phone.
your app still works? my walmart app forced me to update before i could use it again. maybe ill try downgrading and see what happens. I assumed they forced everyone to update

I'm annoyed. Signed up 9/30 and was told the $5 couldn't be used because they expire that day. And my account is tied to an old card number, so the new card can only have balance checks by calling.

Wut.
At least after 20 minutes I got an order through their bunk system.

Can anyone access the new circular?
Nope--it figures this happens when a bunch of stuff is all releasing the same week (Alan Wake Remastered, Monkey Ball Banana Mania, Far Cry 6, and Metroid Dread). I'm really hoping for confirmation that Banana Mania will have $10 GameCoin attached after it was only mentioned once in an ad several weeks ago.

Nope--it figures this happens when a bunch of stuff is all releasing the same week (Alan Wake Remastered, Monkey Ball Banana Mania, Far Cry 6, and Metroid Dread). I'm really hoping for confirmation that Banana Mania will have $10 GameCoin attached after it was only mentioned once in an ad several weeks ago.
"Banana Mania"??? Must be a Switch game...

I got a question. I basically pay to renew my friend pro account with his permission a few days ago.. on the 29th. It print out the $5 coupon right away. I went in to try to get the $5 coupon for the month fo october but they can;t seems to find it in the system.
I came in here wondering the same thing. My buddy renewed and traded in a console on 09/30 and got a welcome $5 cert that expired that day.

I renewed today and didn't get anything on my receipt, and the employee working there said I wouldn't get one until next month?

Quick scan of switch games and it looks like a lot of the prices held. Same with TIVs and MWT. So it’s just whether or not the deals roll over or not.

got an email that they're still doing the 50% controller / head set bonus and 50% games bonus for 5x games. don't see anything about the consoles though

Hmm...still no Lost Judgment GameCoin offer on my account. Hopefully it shows up within the next 1-2 days.
Yeah I figured it'd just be like Tales of Arise and it would come in yesterday, but still nothing for me. I actually didn't even get normal pro points from it either.

It's not a good idea, if you have to trade in back in same day go to a different store.
I feel like there has to be some employees who just do their own “buy and trade in” transactions during dead times when there are no customers. Especially if they need to add some protection plans to hit quotas or something.

Just so I'm completely sure, Gamestop really doesn't care if you buy things from them and then trade them back in immediately (for a gain)? Has anyone had problems/gotten banned by doing it?
They do care. There might not be anything in the system that will automatically flag your account for it, but if the employee cares enough to look at your purchase history, they can leave notes on your account or loss prevention can ban you from trading.

is there anything left that you can buy with gift cards that you can't buy with trade credit? I have two gift cards that i want to get rid of but I am guessing I should save them for something that I can't use trade credit on.

is there anything left that you can buy with gift cards that you can't buy with trade credit? I have two gift cards that i want to get rid of but I am guessing I should save them for something that I can't use trade credit on.
Gift cards and trade credit are essentially the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back