2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do people really look forward to the gamestop weekly ad? I guess it is a good place to find out about the trade bonuses towards preorders but other than that its just garbage.

What’s frustrating about GameStop is that information on promotions is completely random. Game coin, G2L, preorder bonus, trade bonus, etc. is found in any of these places: weekly ad, banner on webpage, email, in store flyer, game webpage.

They need to use their Deals webpage to show ALL current promotions on one screen, along with planned expiration. Until that happens, I think we need to update page 1, post 1 here with that info. Retitling the thread to say “check 1st post for current deals”.

Stores were informed last week the weekly ad was being discontinued.  Everyone assumed it meant they would no longer be getting print copies in store, not that it would be removed entirely.

actilve until the 9th
Sweet, thank you. I did a lot of flipping during the great flipathon of 4th of July weekend 2017 to get my Pro, so getting $325 for it after 4 years is nuts. I'll take that $325 and wait until Black Friday and hopefully we'll get another B2G2 games like in years past to get even more credit

Looks like the 50% boosts on controllers is still good this week. Gamestop just sent me an email advertising the tiered trade in, the 50% for controllers, and 30% for select pre-orders.
I unsubscribed from their emails over a year ago and now as a newly renewed pro member who has signed up for emails again twice, I'm still not getting any emails. Has anyone found a communication preferences page anywhere on their rat's nest of a webpage?

Sweet, thank you. I did a lot of flipping during the great flipathon of 4th of July weekend 2017 to get my Pro, so getting $325 for it after 4 years is nuts. I'll take that $325 and wait until Black Friday and hopefully we'll get another B2G2 games like in years past to get even more credit
It is crazy that you could get that much for close to what you paid for it after playing it for hundreds or even thousands of hours. But those B2G2 promotions are unlikely to ever happen again. GS was doing those promotions to liquidate stock for fast cash. They're much more stable now with $2B in reserves.

It is crazy that you could get that much for close to what you paid for it after playing it for hundreds or even thousands of hours. But those B2G2 promotions are unlikely to ever happen again. GS was doing those promotions to liquidate stock for fast cash. They're much more stable now with $2B in reserves.
I've got thousands of hours on that thing, which is why I kinda don't want to get rid of it but it's useless since I have a PS5. They'll still most likely have a B2G1 sale for BF though, and I can build some credit with that.

I came in here wondering the same thing. My buddy renewed and traded in a console on 09/30 and got a welcome $5 cert that expired that day.

I renewed today and didn't get anything on my receipt, and the employee working there said I wouldn't get one until next month?
I could be wrong, but I believe starting this month when you renew you get 10K points. However, the code isn't printed on the receipt for the transaction you paid to re-subscribe but is instead emailed to you (or possibly given as a reward under your GS account).

Nope, Pro day was supposed to be 1 per quarter.  Hasn't happened since March/April.  It's dead.  But no?  That doesnt impact trade credit at all

Went into store today. They got rid of weekly ads for print outs but they didn't think the site was down. Seems like corporate screwed up and will be fixing this shortly. The associate was able to pull up what's on sale for the week but nothing interesting.

Side note, went into my regular store again and the cool dude was there. Asked him if he can look into the trade credit fraud issue that's happened to me. He was able to call CS from his end and got it resolved instantly. He pulled up the order that my card was used for and it was an online order for two switches being delivered to Oregon. The name and address was on it. The store manager's last name was the same... he was fucking petty I left him a shitty survey so he decided to screw me.

I hope they fucking investigate this and he gets his ass fired. I thanked the two dudes in the store today and got them both Starbucks gift cards...

Went into store today. They got rid of weekly ads for print outs but they didn't think the site was down. Seems like corporate screwed up and will be fixing this shortly. The associate was able to pull up what's on sale for the week but nothing interesting.

Side note, went into my regular store again and the cool dude was there. Asked him if he can look into the trade credit fraud issue that's happened to me. He was able to call CS from his end and got it resolved instantly. He pulled up the order that my card was used for and it was an online order for two switches being delivered to Oregon. The name and address was on it. The store manager's last name was the same... he fucking was petty I left him a shitty survey so he decided to screw me.

I hope they fucking investigate this and he gets his ass fired. I thanked the two dudes in the store today and got them both Starbucks gift cards...
You need to make sure they investigate this, including where he sent the switches. you probably aren't the first he has done this to. I would also file a police report.

I have a Star Wars PS4 Pro with 7 games I have been trying to sell for months now. People on offerup and FB marketplace do nothing but lowball me. I want $400 for the bundle. I am not a pro member but this $50 bump and extra for the games would get me close to the $400 I want. The only problem is, it's store credit and I have no idea what I am going to do with so much credit there. I already have a Series X and PS5 so unless Nintendo releases a Switch Pro or Switch 2 soon, that credit would just sit there for years and years. It is good for people that don't want to deal with selling on offerup or CL or FB martketplace and would use all that credit though. Usually Gamestop is a total rip off so nice to see them not for a change.

You need to make sure they investigate this, including where he sent the switches. you probably aren't the first he has done this to. I would also file a police report.
Yeah I'm going to call CS again tomorrow and report it to make sure it gets looked into. Going to write an excellent and articulate review of the guys who helped me today cuz they honestly deserve it.

I also don't want them to get in trouble with their store manager even though he's a shit head

I have a Star Wars PS4 Pro with 7 games I have been trying to sell for months now. People on offerup and FB marketplace do nothing but lowball me. I want $400 for the bundle. I am not a pro member but this $50 bump and extra for the games would get me close to the $400 I want. The only problem is, it's store credit and I have no idea what I am going to do with so much credit there. I already have a Series X and PS5 so unless Nintendo releases a Switch Pro or Switch 2 soon, that credit would just sit there for years and years. It is good for people that don't want to deal with selling on offerup or CL or FB martketplace and would use all that credit though. Usually Gamestop is a total rip off so nice to see them not for a change.
One thing I have thought of doing at times like this as of late is buy XBox $xx cards - not the Live cards but the actual XBox dollars. I've successfully used them before in the past in the Microsoft store on things like laptops, when in a pinch.

Good piece of advice in general is to NEVER have your trade-in credit on your rewards card which is tied to your actual account, just use a separate generic trade-in card (and keep the # & PIN in a safe place just in case). They have never nuked a separate card over a ban, though I could see credit being revoked in extreme situations like if you traded in stolen items.
how do you know if it is tied or untied? I came in with a ps4 pro last night, got the store credit on a trade-in card. Is there a way to find out?

You don't need a charging cable to trade in any Xbox system
Yep. On the other hand, you do need the system power cord though. Maybe it has a power brick too - if the system included one, one needs to include it as well. So power brick and power cord.

(There's been so many XBox consoles over the years, and I haven't had every one, that I'm playing it safe without saying for sure when it comes to whether the XBox has a power brick. I kind of assume it does.)

One thing I have thought of doing at times like this as of late is buy XBox $xx cards - not the Live cards but the actual XBox dollars. I've successfully used them before in the past in the Microsoft store on things like laptops, when in a pinch.
This. I recently did this and made a custom XB controller in the lab, paid for with Microsoft currency purchased with GS trade credit.

I guess my timing was a little off. I figured I’d sign up for PowerUp Rewards Pro online on 10/1 — the night before doing my trade-in, just to get through everything faster — but I didn’t get the 10,000 point bonus that seemingly everyone else is.

Maybe I should’ve done it in-store or waited a bit; I saw the 10,000 point bonus banner on GameStop.com on Saturday morning, but I don’t think that was there on Friday night. I got 300 points for enrolling and 250 for activating.

Or does it just take a little while for those bonus points to appear? I do see the points from my trade-in now, at least.

Yep. On the other hand, you do need the system power cord though. Maybe it has a power brick too - if the system included one, one needs to include it as well. So power brick and power cord.

(There's been so many XBox consoles over the years, and I haven't had every one, that I'm playing it safe without saying for sure when it comes to whether the XBox has a power brick. I kind of assume it does.)
edit: nvm, but maybe Xbox Series S requires a power brick? idk

I guess my timing was a little off. I figured I’d sign up for PowerUp Rewards Pro online on 10/1 — the night before doing my trade-in, just to get through everything faster — but I didn’t get the 10,000 point bonus that seemingly everyone else is.

Maybe I should’ve done it in-store or waited a bit; I saw the 10,000 point bonus banner on GameStop.com on Saturday morning, but I don’t think that was there on Friday night. I got 300 points for enrolling and 250 for activating.

Or does it just take a little while for those bonus points to appear? I do see the points from my trade-in now, at least.
its only been 2 days, and its been the weekend. Yes, it just takes time.

Yeah I rather sell to GS myself. I have the 1 TB Spiderman Pro. Base value is $250 + $25 (pro member bump) +$50 trade promo for a total of $325. I'm not sure if you have to be a pro to get the xtra $50, but $325 is tempting. So if you had pro you would only need the 7 games to total $75. Don't know which 7 games you have but with the 50% bump on the first 5 you might get close.

PS4 had Limited Edition consoles for Star Wars, GOW, Spiderman, Kingdom Hearts 3, FF 15, Monster Hunter and the anniversary edition. Were there any others? In my mind I keep thinking the red Spiderman PRO is going to be worth $500 or more cash someday but I doubt it.

I wonder if any of these limited edition consoles will carry long term collector's value.

PS4 had Limited Edition consoles for Star Wars, GOW, Spiderman, Kingdom Hearts 3, FF 15, Monster Hunter and the anniversary edition. Were there any others? In my mind I keep thinking the red Spiderman PRO is going to be worth $500 or more cash someday but I doubt it.
500 million ps4 pro. Still using mine - happy with it. I will probably sell it down the road when there's a new version of the ps5 available and there's a library of worthwhile ps5 exclusives.

Not sure about the value on your console. The one data point I do know is that I kept the spiderman controller in new condition. Sold the controller alone for $200 a while back.

Yeah I rather sell to GS myself. I have the 1 TB Spiderman Pro. Base value is $250 + $25 (pro member bump) +$50 trade promo for a total of $325. I'm not sure if you have to be a pro to get the xtra $50, but $325 is tempting. So if you had pro you would only need the 7 games to total $75. Don't know which 7 games you have but with the 50% bump on the first 5 you might get close.

I wonder if any of these limited edition consoles will carry long term collector's value.
Promo does not apply to only pro members. The $50 promo applies to everyone, you won't get the extra $25 dollars if you're not a pro member because it wont give you the 10%

They are pretty decent games and one is Basara 4 best price so it's a rare game. I know I can get close to the $400 by trading in but again, I don't really want to have $400 credit at Gamestop as I already explained I have nothing to use it on right now or in the near future. I know it doesn't expire but having it sit there for like 2 years or whenever Nintendo decides to release a better Switch isn't ideal right now. Although, I could use it on PSVR 2 if that is indeed coming out next year. Hmmm. I don't have a Pro membership but the $14.99 would make up for itself.

They are pretty decent games and one is Basara 4 best price so it's a rare game. I know I can get close to the $400 by trading in but again, I don't really want to have $400 credit at Gamestop as I already explained I have nothing to use it on right now or in the near future. I know it doesn't expire but having it sit there for like 2 years or whenever Nintendo decides to release a better Switch isn't ideal right now. Although, I could use it on PSVR 2 if that is indeed coming out next year. Hmmm. I don't have a Pro membership but the $14.99 would make up for itself.
You're gonna hold out waiting for some sucker to give you full price and then complain here when on October 10 your bundle will be worth $250 in store credit, aren't you?

You're gonna hold out waiting for some sucker to give you full price and then complain here when on October 10 your bundle will be worth $250 in store credit, aren't you?
Sucker? I checked the value of my Star Wars bundle and the system alone is going for close to $400 used on Gamestop and Amazon, ebay etc. I also have the best deal in my area on Offer Up. I also have the official controller included which most of the ads I see don't. I am including 7 games so I have no idea what you mean by sucker and no, I am not going to complain.

Yeah I'm going to call CS again tomorrow and report it to make sure it gets looked into. Going to write an excellent and articulate review of the guys who helped me today cuz they honestly deserve it.

I also don't want them to get in trouble with their store manager even though he's a shit head
Forget customer service. Call the police department in the town the store is in and explain the issue. This guy didn't defraud GameStop, he used his position to literally steal your money.

Sending goods paid for with stolen funds across state lines. Looks like your GameStop is managed by the smartest of the smarties, eh..?

Sucker? I checked the value of my Star Wars bundle and the system alone is going for close to $400 used on Gamestop and Amazon, ebay etc. I also have the best deal in my area on Offer Up. I also have the official controller included which most of the ads I see don't. I am including 7 games so I have no idea what you mean by sucker and no, I am not going to complain.
The only price that really matters is the recent sold prices on ebay.

I have an Arctix 9x headset that I really have not been using that much. I don't see it listed on the Gamestop website though. Does anyone know if they are accepting it as a trade in / how much? 

This schyyt better be a mistake... I am not going all the way to Texas to pick up my order.

Ti9jrcd.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back