2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
PS4 had Limited Edition consoles for Star Wars, GOW, Spiderman, Kingdom Hearts 3, FF 15, Monster Hunter and the anniversary edition. Were there any others? In my mind I keep thinking the red Spiderman PRO is going to be worth $500 or more cash someday but I doubt it.

I wonder if any of these limited edition consoles will carry long term collector's value.

500 million ps4 pro. Still using mine - happy with it. I will probably sell it down the road when there's a new version of the ps5 available and there's a library of worthwhile ps5 exclusives.

Not sure about the value on your console. The one data point I do know is that I kept the spiderman controller in new condition. Sold the controller alone for $200 a while back.
There's also the Death Stranding PS4 Pro, which is what I have. I still haven't played the game but the console is pretty cool looking.

I also kept my LE controller in new condition but will probably hang onto it for now.

GS comes through again! I went in to trade some spare 360/PS3 controllers. They didn't have anything good in the case but asked if they had any old stuff they had gotten in any "retro" stuff lately, associate said they had one PlayStation game in the back and came out with this.[attachment=36162:IMG_20211003_154039339~2.jpg]

The only price that really matters is the recent sold prices on ebay.
I just watched a black PS4 Pro with 1 controller and 24 games go for $355 on eBay, free shipping. Someone bought it for that.

Most of the games weren't quite $1 games, but weren't ones worth $20, either.

The only price that really matters is the recent sold prices on ebay.
Okay so what have PS4 Pro Star Wars with original controller and 7 games recently sold for? I am not familiar with ebay so I can't find that. Please explain how my asking price of $400 is too much. Also, I am not charging any shipping fees since it's all local.

This schyyt better be a mistake... I am not going all the way to Texas to pick up my order.

Ti9jrcd.png
Better start that trip this week

GS comes through again! I went in to trade some spare 360/PS3 controllers. They didn't have anything good in the case but asked if they had any old stuff they had gotten in any "retro" stuff lately, associate said they had one PlayStation game in the back and came out with this.
attachicon.gif
IMG_20211003_154039339~2.jpg
Nice !!!

I still have my Lunar 2 from Strawberries almost 20 years ago when they had it for $15. Time has not been kind to the box.....makes me wanna buy another one!!

Yeah I rather sell to GS myself. I have the 1 TB Spiderman Pro. Base value is $250 + $25 (pro member bump) +$50 trade promo for a total of $325. I'm not sure if you have to be a pro to get the xtra $50, but $325 is tempting. So if you had pro you would only need the 7 games to total $75. Don't know which 7 games you have but with the 50% bump on the first 5 you might get close.

PS4 had Limited Edition consoles for Star Wars, GOW, Spiderman, Kingdom Hearts 3, FF 15, Monster Hunter and the anniversary edition. Were there any others? In my mind I keep thinking the red Spiderman PRO is going to be worth $500 or more cash someday but I doubt it.
I wonder if any of these limited edition consoles will carry long term collector's value.
Ive done well selling consoles on Amazon. The Amazon commission on consoles was always less than eBay's. Sadly, I got an email on Friday saying that only approved accounts can sell PlayStation products after November. They're also not taking applications. Not sure how someone gets approved when I've been selling PS products on there for 10 years

Okay so what have PS4 Pro Star Wars with original controller and 7 games recently sold for? I am not familiar with ebay so I can't find that. Please explain how my asking price of $400 is too much. Also, I am not charging any shipping fees since it's all local.
It may be a little too much. The Star Wars PS4 Pro gets bids on it when people ask $320 on Ebay, but not much more than that. For the games, since you're bundling up, if you want a figure for them, if you were to sell them to people and not GameStop, you could probably figure them into a bundle at perhaps 50% the price they sell for in stores. Though if it's really old sports games and stuff, they're probably worth less still.

It's possible GameStop could have the better deal. Though I'm not for sure. It's probably about the same either way.

i don't know if you're charging too much but you're going to be hard pressed to find someone who wants the 7 games you are bundling and the system unless you're offering a decent discount for the bundle. You would need to look up the sold price for each item you are bundling, add it together then figure out some sort of discount to get someone to buy all that crap at once. You are usually better off selling each item individually.

Forget customer service. Call the police department in the town the store is in and explain the issue. This guy didn't defraud GameStop, he used his position to literally steal your money.

Sending goods paid for with stolen funds across state lines. Looks like your GameStop is managed by the smartest of the smarties, eh..?
I agree with you, however the last name is pretty common so I'm not 100% certain. I think the best thing I can do is report it to Gamestop corporate and let them handle it from there. They should have a fraud team that will investigate it, and I'm going to leave a blank survey right now to have the district store manager call me and we'll discuss this to see what they need to do

It may be a little too much. The Star Wars PS4 Pro gets bids on it when people ask $320 on Ebay, but not much more than that. For the games, since you're bundling up, if you want a figure for them, if you were to sell them to people and not GameStop, you could probably figure them into a bundle at perhaps 50% the price they sell for in stores. Though if it's really old sports games and stuff, they're probably worth less still.

It's possible GameStop could have the better deal. Though I'm not for sure. It's probably about the same either way.
Games are MLB 20 The Show, Uncharted 4, The Uncharted collection, Basara 4 best price, The last guardian, Watch Dogs and Star Wars Squadrons (SEALED). I also found Bloodborne(SEALED) and The Last of Us that I could include too.

I don't know how to find the actual price it sold for on ebay. Does that include shipping costs? I see a couple that have $60 shipping costs. Again, I am not shipping. The cheapest buy it now price I can find is $320 plus $20 shipping and it's not the Star Wars controller the system comes with. I don't see any listings with 7 games for under $400.

I have no problem selling the system without the games or only a couple of games and working with people on the price. $400 is not firm. I would take $380 or so but I am getting lowballs of like $220-$250. The only real offer I've gotten was for $360 the first day I posted the ad. Worst offers have been one guy offered me $100 and one person asked if he could just have it for free. So lame.

I don't know what it is with this certain system. I have never had any problem selling anything else. I sold a used Cyberpunk Xbox One X edition for $400 no problem last year. I will think about the Gamestop deal seeing as I have until the 9th to decide. If I haven't sold it by then locally, I might just take it to Gamestop and be done with it.

Games are MLB 20 The Show, Uncharted 4, The Uncharted collection, Basara 4 best price, The last guardian, Watch Dogs and Star Wars Squadrons (SEALED). I also found Bloodborne(SEALED) and The Last of Us that I could include too.
I don't know how to find the actual price it sold for on ebay. Does that include shipping costs? I see a couple that have $60 shipping costs. Again, I am not shipping. The cheapest buy it now price I can find is $320 plus $20 shipping and it's not the Star Wars controller the system comes with. I don't see any listings with 7 games for under $400.

I have no problem selling the system without the games or only a couple of games and working with people on the price. $400 is not firm. I would take $380 or so but I am getting lowballs of like $220-$250. The only real offer I've gotten was for $360 the first day I posted the ad. One guy offered me $100 and one person asked if he could just have it for free. So lame.

I don't know what it is with this certain system. I have never had any problem selling anything else. I sold a used Cyberpunk Xbox One X edition for $400 no problem last year. I will think about the Gamestop deal seeing as I have until the 9th to decide. If I haven't sold it by then locally, I might just take it to Gamestop and be done with it.
Sometimes people ask too much for Buy It Now, too. And no one buys it.

I believe the $320 figure was including shipping. But to be fair - it's not impossible one could go for $340 shipped, especially if it's in real good condition and someone else is looking for something in real good condition.

I'm also not saying that $400 is impossible, though it could take a lot of luck, or good marketing skills (not saying you wouldn't have them). But it seems a pain when one could just GameStop.

I agree with you, however the last name is pretty common so I'm not 100% certain. I think the best thing I can do is report it to Gamestop corporate and let them handle it from there. They should have a fraud team that will investigate it, and I'm going to leave a blank survey right now to have the district store manager call me and we'll discuss this to see what they need to do
Just as a note, you have the trade card itself? Is the pin visible? Employees even if they have the trade card numbers can't do a single thing without the pin, they have no lookup for it whatsoever.

Sometimes people ask too much for Buy It Now, too. And no one buys it.

I believe the $320 figure was including shipping. But to be fair - it's not impossible one could go for $340 shipped, especially if it's in real good condition and someone else is looking for something in real good condition.

I'm also not saying that $400 is impossible, though it could take a lot of luck, or good marketing skills (not saying you wouldn't have them). But it seems a pain when one could just GameStop.
On offerup, I always look at their profile to see when they joined and how many stars and sales they have etc. I have asked 3 users why they think offering me such a low amount would want me to sell for them. 2 told me they know it's a good deal but they simply don't want to pay more than $260. The other told me he wants to get an awesome deal. Gamestop is not ideal because it's credit. I have all week to sell or to go GS.

On offerup, I always look at their profile to see when they joined and how many stars and sales they have etc. I have asked 3 users why they think offering me such a low amount would want me to sell for them. 2 told me they know it's a good deal but they simply don't want to pay more than $260. The other told me he wants to get an awesome deal. Gamestop is not ideal because it's credit. I have all week to sell or to go GS.
You need to factor in the risk of GS dropping the trade value of the system into the process as well.

Another random hypothetical factor to consider:  What if the next gen console shortages continue deep into the holiday season, subsequently increasing the demand for XB1 S, X and PS4 Pro consoles?  

It's quite possible that GS might be offering anywhere from $350 to $375 TIV for a PS4 Pro this holiday season (IF the next gen shortages continue). 

After all, isn't the current next gen shortage partially (if not fully) responsible for the current higher-than-usual TIVs?

I thought the days of getting $175 to $200 for the XB1 S were long, long gone but I got $215 for it last week.  They were offering Pros $110 TIV for it just a few months ago.  Will GS offer $225 to $250 for it this December if the next gen shortages continue?   Who knows....especially since so many of the next gen games are also playable on the XB1 S, XB1 X and PS4.  

FYI - GameStop could change the console trade in price at any time (leaving the promo deal but reducing the base value). I don't care what you do but don't assume anything with GameStop.
The email I received today did not mention the console trade bonus this week, but mentioned the controller 50% bonus and 5 games trade in for 50% bonus. Not sure if the console trade bonus officially ended, just that it was not mentioned in the email.

Where can I see if Far Cry 6 is G2L or not? And do I need to finish paying off Far Cry before the release date for the Game Coin or am I alright if I pay it off the day of when I'm picking up the game?

to give 375 they would have to sell the pro at like $450 used
$50 under ps5 msrp

i dont see it ever, i think 325 is about as good as it gets for such a clean handoff
just use the trade credit on black friday or convert to digital currency if its your ball game

Another random hypothetical factor to consider: What if the next gen console shortages continue deep into the holiday season, subsequently increasing the demand for XB1 S, X and PS4 Pro consoles?

It's quite possible that GS might be offering anywhere from $350 to $375 TIV for a PS4 Pro this holiday season (IF the next gen shortages continue).

After all, isn't the current next gen shortage partially (if not fully) responsible for the current higher-than-usual TIVs?

I thought the days of getting $175 to $200 for the XB1 S were long, long gone but I got $215 for it last week. They were offering Pros $110 TIV for it just a few months ago. Will GS offer $225 to $250 for it this December if the next gen shortages continue? Who knows....especially since so many of the next gen games are also playable on the XB1 S, XB1 X and PS4.
I mean this is the reason why gamestop pay9ign so much for xbox oen x and ps4 pro. There ain't going to be system around. Hrell you can;t find new ps4 anymnor ein usa in retail store.

yea but were talking of a difference of $10-25-50 bucks
i think its greed at this point assuming you got a ps5 and whatever else you need

idc how desperate someome is no one is paying near ps5 msrp for these things

You can find new ps4's floating around in retail stores but only the slim version due to sony discontinuing the pro model and it's pretty uncommon to find them. I got mine at bestbuy iirc back in February of this year iirc. 

Trying to predict Gamestop behavior is impossible because it would require them to follow a logical pattern. This is the company that just forced all their stores to hire on additional staff and then cut hours so badly all of them are probably going to quit.

They are stocking up on consoles and what not for the holiday season, don't expect anything beyond that. 

There's also the Death Stranding PS4 Pro, which is what I have. I still haven't played the game but the console is pretty cool looking.
I also kept my LE controller in new condition but will probably hang onto it for now.
Is the Last of Us II limited edition PS4 Pro a U S. release? Somebody has one available for sale in my area, and looks like it's worth a pretty penny.

Where can I see if Far Cry 6 is G2L or not? And do I need to finish paying off Far Cry before the release date for the Game Coin or am I alright if I pay it off the day of when I'm picking up the game?
Can't answer the first question but the last weekly ad said something about getting the game coin if you buy it within the first week of launch, so sounds like paying a pre-order off in full isn't necessary.

So controllers don't need to be traded in bundles of 5 to get the 50% bonus, right? I can trade in 4 Dualshock4s and two sets of joy cons and I'm good?

I actually have 5 dualshock 4s but isn't the limit 4 of any one thing? They're not all the same color.

Would the ban just be from trading or do they nuke your whole account? I rarely trade in anything.

So controllers don't need to be traded in bundles of 5 to get the 50% bonus, right? I can trade in 4 Dualshock4s and two sets of joy cons and I'm good?
I actually have 5 dualshock 4s but isn't the limit 4 of any one thing? They're not all the same color.

Would the ban just be from trading or do they nuke your whole account? I rarely trade in anything.
No limit on the number of controllers to get the 50% bonus. I traded in one Xbox One controller and got the bonus.

Also, yeah the limit is 4 controllers of the same type (NOT color).

No limit on the number of controllers to get the 50% bonus. I traded in one Xbox One controller and got the bonus.

Awesome! Thanks :) And I guess I'll just do 4 DS4s then.

--

One more question. Do the controllers need to be charged?

Anyone trade in 5 Joycons of diff color and live to tell the tale? :shame:

Another random hypothetical factor to consider: What if the next gen console shortages continue deep into the holiday season, subsequently increasing the demand for XB1 S, X and PS4 Pro consoles?
I think their normal channels of buying pre-owned systems in bulk has dried up? Every time I listen to the used car ads on the radio offering to pay top dollar for your busted vehicle, reminds me of gamestop with systems now.

On the bright side, more system and game stock in store! :beer:

I have no problem selling the system without the games or only a couple of games and working with people on the price. $400 is not firm. I would take $380 or so but I am getting lowballs of like $220-$250. The only real offer I've gotten was for $360 the first day I posted the ad. Worst offers have been one guy offered me $100 and one person asked if he could just have it for free. So lame.

To see what price items have previously sold on eBay you would search for the item first. Then select filter, then go to show more, then select completed items+sold items, then show results, this will show all recent actual sales of said item you searched for.

Is the Last of Us II limited edition PS4 Pro a U S. release? Somebody has one available for sale in my area, and looks like it's worth a pretty penny.
The last of us PS4 pro and Death Stranding are some of the rarest systems right up under the 500 million limited edition console

Yes it was a US release during the Covid pandemic. So it’s EXTREMELY limited

fwiw, i opted to trade my spidey pro for the $325 and my spare controllers for $40 a pop.

the ps4 was rendered obsolete by the ps5 (besides PT) so I’d be keeping for nostalgia or a someday profit.

both seem silly and not worth it at this point (im 41 and have started to purge anything that would otherwise site in a bin)

$325 no hassle and the bump on the controllers that are pointless to keep without the system just makes sense imo

with that said, im still keeping my ps3 and controllers for dj hero and games that either dont have pc ports or don’t play nice with emulation.

the biggest challenge for my purging of ps2/360/ps3 games is that as a cag i accumulated many games and unsurprisingly theres at least a bins worth of pristine sealed games that i need to lookup their value…im dreading the hassle

Banned from trading. Unlikely they would nuke your purchasing ability.

Im not 100% on controllers falling under the same rules as games. I mean someone legit having 5 copies of the same exact game to trade is worlds of difference between legit trading in 5 controllers. I mean we had 10 wiimotes for our 2 wii systems, and 6 dual shock 3 for our 2 ps3 consoles. I can definitely remember seeing people trading systems with many many controllers in the past. Cant speak on if they were trade banned or not. That being said, I stuck to trading in the worst 3 wiimotes and keeping the rest. Wouldn't needlessly want to rock the boat, but would be very interested in others results.

Awesome! Thanks :) And I guess I'll just do 4 DS4s then.
--

Probably very YMMV. To be safe I would throw a small charge on, dont need to fully charge them. For what its worth, employee did not check my 4 controllers at all. May depend on how busy they are, or how much they care, but I dont think they even bother checking them at this point.

One more question. Do the controllers need to be charged?

the rules are the same for controllers, hell even hdmi cables can get you banned...

however, left and right joy cons have different item #s. my left blue was 143653 and the right red was 143657. so I would think as long as they weren't all left or all right they should be ok.

the rules are the same for controllers, hell even hdmi cables can get you banned...

however, left and right joy cons have different item #s. my left blue was 143653 and the right red was 143657. so I would think as long as they weren't all left or all right they should be ok.
Yes, different SKU per joycon as all of mine were different. Left blue different from right blue, etc.

Traded 6 and none were checked. You would think they would have a Switch up front to run a diagnostic test but doesn’t seem that way. 2 of 3 Xbox series controllers were tested.

I traded in a 360 and PS3 controller. The associate just presses all the buttons and swung the joystick around a couple times. That was it , no refurb.

I traded in a 360 and PS3 controller. The associate just presses all the buttons and swung the joystick around a couple times. That was it , no refurb.
For older stuff, I don't think they have the necessary cords as PS3 uses super old USB mini connection, and Xbox 360 uses some proprietary connector I'd assume.

Fortunate for us, as it cuts down on the possibility of getting slapped with a refurb fee due to drift/etc.

But then again, like people above said some associates may not even check. I think the longer they've been at GS the bigger than stickler they are imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back