2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Success on trading in 4 Dualshock 4s, two sets of joycons, a 360 controller and 2 wii remotes. One of the dualshocks got the refurb fee ($7), but still an awesome deal!

My joycons weren't checked.
They didn't check mine either, just asked if they were working. My two sets don't drift but they are a couple of years old (and 1 set got hundreds of hours of animal crossing 8-[ )

I price matched the Zelda joycons so I could get them at $69. Got two sets no problem.

Also kept my black wrist straps since the zelda set has white ones.

If anyone else needs to price match, Amazon's stock is going in and out but Walmart matched all the colors today. Check there if they hassle you about the "in stock soon" message on amazon.

Chat started on 04 Oct 2021, 07:52 PM (GMT+0)
(07:52:02) *** Brian joined the chat *** (07:52:02)

Brian: Hello, does GameStop price match other stores? Thanks! (07:52:18)

*** Cristopher M. joined the chat *** (07:52:34)

Cristopher M.: Thanks for chatting with GameStop. My name is Cristopher M. and I'm happy to help!

(07:54:14) Brian: hello

(07:54:48) Cristopher M.: Hello Brian, please let me advise you that as per our price match policy GameStop is able to make exceptions on pricing (07:55:05) Cristopher M.: However, there is a criterion that needs to be fulfilled in order for an exception to be made

(07:55:39) Cristopher M.: First, we only apply a discount if the item is the exact same item that we advertise on our website, it cannot have a different SKU from the manufacturer

(07:56:19) Cristopher M.: Secondly, the difference in price has to be based on the actual retail value of the item, discounts made due to sales do not apply

(07:57:25) Cristopher M.: And the third condition is that we need you to send both a photo of said item on the other retailer's website and the link to that same website so that we can verify that the item on that site complies with the previous two restrictions.

(07:58:25) Brian: Okay. I was thinking about Pokemon Snap that is $40 on Best Buy > https://www.bestbuy.com/site/new-pokemon-snap-nintendo-switch-nintendo-switch-lite/6414112.p?skuId=6414112

(07:59:39) Cristopher M.: I see, let me check real quick for you then Brian

(08:05:12) Cristopher M.: Thank you for your patience Brian, I already check on Bestbuy and compare it to the one we have on our website, and it seems that the one that BestBuy has is the Nintendo Switch Lite verision, and also, the reason it is at $40 is that they have it on sale

(08:05:26) Cristopher M.: But the actual retail price they normally have is $59.99

(08:06:21) Cristopher M.: So it would seem that this product on their site does not match either of our price match policy requirements, so no price adjustment could be applied to any order you have made with us.

(08:07:14) Brian: Oh, the game title has Nintendo Switch and Nintendo Switch Lite as it plays on both systems. Doesn't sound like that matters since the price match only works if the game is not on sale?

(08:08:23) Cristopher M.: That is correct, as I mentioned before the second condition of our price match policy is that the difference in price has to be based on the actual retail value of the item, discounts made due to sales do not apply

(08:08:43) Brian: Okay, thanks anyway!

(08:09:11) Cristopher M.: No problem Brian, anything else I can help you with today?

(08:09:29) Brian: That's all. Thank you

(08:09:34) Cristopher M.: Happy to help Biran, thank you again for contacting us today, and don't you dare having a good day, make sure you have a great one 
32.png
(08:10:02)

Brian: Thanks! (08:10:10) *** Brian left the chat ***

So, sounds like their policy is only to price match if they get caught price gouging.

Oh my gosh, that is so terrible. I understand GameStop employees won't know everything about every game, but denying you because it's "Switch Lite game" is a whole new level of incompetence.

I've never tried to price match online because the stores around me are really good about it. Good to see that for every step forward, Gamestop takes at least one massive leap back.

you never know they might not even check it
neither set of joycons i traded was even checked
They have no way to test Joycons, one idiot on the subreddit said their store charges a refurb fee unless you bring your own Switch for them to test them.

Brian: Hello, does GameStop price match other stores? Thanks! (07:52:18)

Cristopher M.: Thanks for chatting with GameStop. My name is Cristopher M. and I'm happy to help!

(07:54:14) Brian: hello

(07:54:48) Cristopher M.: Hello Brian, please let me advise you that as per our price match policy GameStop is able to make exceptions on pricing (07:55:05) Cristopher M.: However, there is a criterion that needs to be fulfilled in order for an exception to be made

(07:55:39) Cristopher M.: First, we only apply a discount if the item is the exact same item that we advertise on our website, it cannot have a different SKU from the manufacturer

(07:56:19) Cristopher M.: Secondly, the difference in price has to be based on the actual retail value of the item, discounts made due to sales do not apply

(07:57:25) Cristopher M.: And the third condition is that we need you to send both a photo of said item on the other retailer's website and the link to that same website so that we can verify that the item on that site complies with the previous two restrictions.

(07:58:25) Brian: Okay. I was thinking about Pokemon Snap that is $40 on Best Buy > https://www.bestbuy.com/site/new-pokemon-snap-nintendo-switch-nintendo-switch-lite/6414112.p?skuId=6414112

(07:59:39) Cristopher M.: I see, let me check real quick for you then Brian

(08:05:12) Cristopher M.: Thank you for your patience Brian, I already check on Bestbuy and compare it to the one we have on our website, and it seems that the one that BestBuy has is the Nintendo Switch Lite verision, and also, the reason it is at $40 is that they have it on sale

(08:05:26) Cristopher M.: But the actual retail price they normally have is $59.99

(08:06:21) Cristopher M.: So it would seem that this product on their site does not match either of our price match policy requirements, so no price adjustment could be applied to any order you have made with us.

(08:07:14) Brian: Oh, the game title has Nintendo Switch and Nintendo Switch Lite as it plays on both systems. Doesn't sound like that matters since the price match only works if the game is not on sale?

(08:08:23) Cristopher M.: That is correct, as I mentioned before the second condition of our price match policy is that the difference in price has to be based on the actual retail value of the item, discounts made due to sales do not apply

(08:08:43) Brian: Okay, thanks anyway!

(08:09:11) Cristopher M.: No problem Brian, anything else I can help you with today?

(08:09:29) Brian: That's all. Thank you

(08:09:34) Cristopher M.: Happy to help Biran, thank you again for contacting us today, and don't you dare having a good day, make sure you have a great one
32.png

Brian: Thanks! (08:10:10) *** Brian left the chat ***

So, sounds like their policy is only to price match if they get caught price gouging.
This is mostly because it's an add to cart to see price basically. If they list it on the page it'll get matched.

I have that game and didn't know it was worth anything since I never checked. I wish there was an easy way to unload retro stuff because I have just boxes of it taking up space.

fwiw, i opted to trade my spidey pro for the $325 and my spare controllers for $40 a pop.

the ps4 was rendered obsolete by the ps5 (besides PT) so I’d be keeping for nostalgia or a someday profit.

both seem silly and not worth it at this point (im 41 and have started to purge anything that would otherwise site in a bin)

$325 no hassle and the bump on the controllers that are pointless to keep without the system just makes sense imo
I'm in the same boat with my Spiderman Pro, but because I don't have a PS5 yet, I'm reluctant to trade it right now. I need to make a decision. Even if it trades for $325 two months from now that would be better because I would be 2 months closer to having a PS5 (I'm not counting on being able to land one in 2021).

The PS5 rendering the PS4 obsolete is what I'm hearing as well, so I don't want to be stuck with the PS4 down the line. My PS2 plays PS1 games so I ditched the PS1 long ago, and I have a slim PS3 with a library of about 25 choice games that can't be played through PS NOW on the PS4.

did you open it up and check the board yet?
Yep, it is authentic.

So they can still sell it to you before sending it out to the warehouse? Interesting. I just figured they weren't allowed to.
I asked the employees and it was actually sitting in the came with the 3ds and ds games they had. So it sounds like maybe they sit in the stores for a little bit but i think when the website eventually updates, someone can buy it and the store ships it out.

I couldn’t trade in a remote today because “the system we use to check remotes is down.”

GameStop has a system that checks every type of remote? 🧐

Brian: Hello, does GameStop price match other stores? Thanks! (07:52:18)
Cristopher M.: Thanks for chatting with GameStop. My name is Cristopher M. and I'm happy to help!
(07:54:14) Brian: hello
(07:54:48) Cristopher M.: Hello Brian, please let me advise you that as per our price match policy GameStop is able to make exceptions on pricing (07:55:05) Cristopher M.: However, there is a criterion that needs to be fulfilled in order for an exception to be made
(07:55:39) Cristopher M.: First, we only apply a discount if the item is the exact same item that we advertise on our website, it cannot have a different SKU from the manufacturer
(07:56:19) Cristopher M.: Secondly, the difference in price has to be based on the actual retail value of the item, discounts made due to sales do not apply
(07:57:25) Cristopher M.: And the third condition is that we need you to send both a photo of said item on the other retailer's website and the link to that same website so that we can verify that the item on that site complies with the previous two restrictions.
(07:58:25) Brian: Okay. I was thinking about Pokemon Snap that is $40 on Best Buy > https://www.bestbuy.com/site/new-pokemon-snap-nintendo-switch-nintendo-switch-lite/6414112.p?skuId=6414112
(07:59:39) Cristopher M.: I see, let me check real quick for you then Brian
(08:05:12) Cristopher M.: Thank you for your patience Brian, I already check on Bestbuy and compare it to the one we have on our website, and it seems that the one that BestBuy has is the Nintendo Switch Lite verision, and also, the reason it is at $40 is that they have it on sale
(08:05:26) Cristopher M.: But the actual retail price they normally have is $59.99
(08:06:21) Cristopher M.: So it would seem that this product on their site does not match either of our price match policy requirements, so no price adjustment could be applied to any order you have made with us.
(08:07:14) Brian: Oh, the game title has Nintendo Switch and Nintendo Switch Lite as it plays on both systems. Doesn't sound like that matters since the price match only works if the game is not on sale?
(08:08:23) Cristopher M.: That is correct, as I mentioned before the second condition of our price match policy is that the difference in price has to be based on the actual retail value of the item, discounts made due to sales do not apply
(08:08:43) Brian: Okay, thanks anyway!
(08:09:11) Cristopher M.: No problem Brian, anything else I can help you with today?
(08:09:29) Brian: That's all. Thank you
(08:09:34) Cristopher M.: Happy to help Biran, thank you again for contacting us today, and don't you dare having a good day, make sure you have a great one
32.png
Brian: Thanks! (08:10:10) *** Brian left the chat ***

FWIW I just matched Pokémon snap in store she had no issue

Missed out on trading my PS4 Pro today. Are we expecting the base value to go down tomorrow or will it hopefully hold for a bit? I saw some people implying that the current value was sort of a Stealth Bump value, which typically ends on Monday.

Missed out on trading my PS4 Pro today. Are we expecting the base value to go down tomorrow or will it hopefully hold for a bit? I saw some people implying that the current value was sort of a Stealth Bump value, which typically ends on Monday.
Got a email today with the console trade promo. I imagine it's good all week.

I couldn’t trade in a remote today because “the system we use to check remotes is down.”

GameStop has a system that checks every type of remote?
This is the 1st time I heard of this... I traded in my Dual Sense last week b/c of drift. Seasonal employee checked SM if it needs to be tested and was told "NO".

This is the 1st time I heard of this... I traded in my Dual Sense last week b/c of drift. Seasonal employee checked SM if it needs to be tested and was told "NO".
It depends per store... My local store took controllers in without checking, but last week they decided to pull out the wire and everything to check and that was a first for me. So I went to another store that doesn't have that system and they don't charge any refurb fees, I've straight out said some of these may have drift. She told me they were told to accept all trades as of late for the promo and they'll refurb all of them in order to get ready for the holidays

I said ok and went on my way lol

I was trying to trade in an old Wii remote I found in a junk drawer. Not even plus. It works fine.

I just don’t know if it’s worth the trek again.

New employee wouldn't let me trade in a generic ps3 controller even though they have a value on the site. It's not much but it's a crappy controller anyway. Guess i'll try my luck later and maybe print out the page.

Anyone here still waiting on the $10 Game Coin for Lost Judgement? I usually never preorder at GS so I don't know the usual turnaround time for it to hit your account. It's been 10 days since I picked it up, so I'm just wondering if I'm screwed...

I just had the same thing happen. I took in a Xbox one controller that had a broken rb button they hit me with a refurb fee which I didn’t really care about but still took it in. They must be demanding that everything should be taken in right now. The guy who was taking my stuff in said they have a shortage on a bunch of used products right now. Might be due to all the stuff going on with the shipping crates who knows? First time I’ve ever heard of them just taking in stuff like this though.

If anyone has success with Wii remotes let me know. I have several of them but didn’t see trade in values for them so I’m assuming they’re not taking them at this point.

I just had the same thing happen. I took in a Xbox one controller that had a broken rb button they hit me with a refurb fee which I didn’t really care about but still took it in. They must be demanding that everything should be taken in right now. The guy who was taking my stuff in said they have a shortage on a bunch of used products right now. Might be due to all the stuff going on with the shipping crates who knows? First time I’ve ever heard of them just taking in stuff like this though.

If anyone has success with Wii remotes let me know. I have several of them but didn’t see trade in values for them so I’m assuming they’re not taking them at this point.
Someone said $11 base price for wiimote.

Anyone here still waiting on the $10 Game Coin for Lost Judgement? I usually never preorder at GS so I don't know the usual turnaround time for it to hit your account. It's been 10 days since I picked it up, so I'm just wondering if I'm screwed...
I'm also waiting for that. If I don't see it in my Active Offers by Thursday, I plan on contacting CS by phone or chat.

Haven't seen anyone in the thread mention getting it yet, so I don't think any of us have. Tales of Arise was the first game I've bought that had game coin and it came a week later. Figured this would be the same as well but nothing so far.

How are yall getting the Xbox 360 controllers in? Been to two stores and neither could accept. One associate showed it didnt show up in the system.

This is mostly because it's an add to cart to see price basically. If they list it on the page it'll get matched.
I was able to price match Best Buy. I just showed them the items when they were in the cart. They wouldnt allow me to pick up several items and only at one at time, so I had get one game at one store then drove down a few blocks to get the other game I wanted. So Gamestop did manage to price match for me. Hehe

No. It's 5 of a same-SKU item in a rolling 30-day period that gets you a 90-day ban automatically. You can trade in 4 of anything safely except for in fringe junior detective cases.

It's same-SKU which is why you can trade in 8 left/right joycons, because L and R are each a separate SKU. Or for copies of a cross-platform game - it's 4 per platform. YMMV with employees caring about the 1 copy of a game per trade per day - I have a manager near me that will do 4+ copies of anything, I think they are unaware of the limits internally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back