2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can someone here help me with the math on my potential trade in? I've got a Star Wars PS4 Pro with the controller it came with and all the cables. That would be worth $325 store credit as long as I sign up for a $14.99 membership. That's easy to understand. I have 6 games I would want to trade in with it. The games are: MLB The Show 20, Uncharted Collection, Uncharted 4, Watch Dogs, The Last Guardian and Basara 4 best price(I can't find that game on their website so I doubt they take it). Is this the correct understanding of how trading in games works with the promo:

50% trade-in credit on 5 of your games + extra 30% trade-in credit on the remaining games? So as long as I make sure they scan the highest game first, I just add up all the values and that's the total I would get store credit for the games? Do they add up all 5 games and then tact on 50% or add 50% to every game up to 5? I added up the trade values of all the games except Basara and added in the 50% and got $29.70. Is that right? I would get $355 store credit? How many rewards points would I get or is that only if you make a purchase?

Can you use the $5 monthly cert online now? On digital gift cards?

Tempted to upgrade to PRO again, as I can get $10 in points and the $5 monthly coupon for $15.

Would basically pay for itself.

Anyone knows if GS takes a PS4 with an upgraded HD? I upgraded my original PS4 from 500GB to 1TB. Dont have the 500GB anymore.
Policy is yes they take it, but charge a refurb fee to ship it back and have original put back in it. Have to see what your store tests though, but they're supposed to.

Can you use the $5 monthly cert online now? On digital gift cards?

Tempted to upgrade to PRO again, as I can get $10 in points and the $5 monthly coupon for $15.

Would basically pay for itself.
Doesn't work on any digital online.

Can someone here help me with the math on my potential trade in? I've got a Star Wars PS4 Pro with the controller it came with and all the cables. That would be worth $325 store credit as long as I sign up for a $14.99 membership. That's easy to understand. I have 6 games I would want to trade in with it. The games are: MLB The Show 20, Uncharted Collection, Uncharted 4, Watch Dogs, The Last Guardian and Basara 4 best price(I can't find that game on their website so I doubt they take it). Is this the correct understanding of how trading in games works with the promo:

50% trade-in credit on 5 of your games + extra 30% trade-in credit on the remaining games? So as long as I make sure they scan the highest game first, I just add up all the values and that's the total I would get store credit for the games? Do they add up all 5 games and then tact on 50% or add 50% to every game up to 5? I added up the trade values of all the games except Basara and added in the 50% and got $29.70. Is that right? I would get $355 store credit? How many rewards points would I get or is that only if you make a purchase?
That sounds about right for the trade in total. minus the 14.99 for pro. And points i believe they just stopped for trade on the 1st of oct.

That sounds about right for the trade in total. minus the 14.99 for pro. And points i believe they just stopped for trade on the 1st of oct.
I got points for trading in a switch on the 1st.

From the app:

[attachment=36172:Screenshot_20211006-120642.png]

I got points for trading in a switch on the 1st.

From the app:

Screenshot_20211006-120642.png
I called up my local one and the guy told me he has been working there for 2 years and never heard of anyone getting points with trade ins. Says it's only for purchases. Maybe it's a YMMY kind of thing.

I called up my local one and the guy told me he has been working there for 2 years and never heard of anyone getting points with trade ins. Says it's only for purchases. Maybe it's a YMMY kind of thing.
I also got points for my trade-in, and it was yesterday.

After getting your pro membership you will get $325 for the PS4 Pro.

The games get a 50% bonus to the base value then an additional 10% to the base value for pro. So a $5 game would get 50%, which would be $2.50 extra, then an additional 10% to that base value for an extra .50 cents, making it $8 for a $5 base game value. The 50% bonus applies to sets of 5 games. So the 6th game would not get the bonus. It automatically applies the bonus to the 5 highest value games so scanning them in a certain order wouldn't matter.

Pro members get 20 points per dollar traded in. So to make it easy, if you traded in $400 worth of stuff you would get 8,000 points. The equivalent of $8. Signing up for pro will also net you $10,000 points. Please note that some people have not gotten points for trades in certain states so it may be based on location, not 100% sure. But I have always gotten points for trades.

Points for trades also depends on the state. California stopped getting them a few years back, I believe.
Exactly, I want to say it was sometime between January and July of 2019 that they stopped giving points for trades in SoCal.

Of course the associates had no idea of when, where, who, what, why or how. It's like none of them actually buy or trade at Gamestop.

the employees know less than the people here as usual

Your guy's wrong, lol. I also got points for my trade-in, and it was yesterday.

After getting your pro membership you will get $325 for the PS4 Pro.

The games get a 50% bonus to the base value then an additional 10% to the base value for pro. So a $5 game would get 50%, which would be $2.50 extra, then an additional 10% to that base value for an extra .50 cents, making it $8 for a $5 base game value. The 50% bonus applies to sets of 5 games. So the 6th game would not get the bonus. It automatically applies the bonus to the 5 highest value games so scanning them in a certain order wouldn't matter.

Pro members get 20 points per dollar traded in. So to make it easy, if you traded in $400 worth of stuff you would get 8,000 points. The equivalent of $8. Signing up for pro will also net you $10,000 points. Please note that some people have not gotten points for trades in certain states so it may be based on location, not 100% sure. But I have always gotten points for trades.

Points for trades also depends on the state. California stopped getting them a few years back, I believe.

Exactly, I want to say it was sometime between January and July of 2019 that they stopped giving points for trades in SoCal.

Of course the associates had no idea of when, where, who, what, why or how. It's like none of them actually buy or trade at Gamestop.
I live in Southern California so it looks like I wouldn't get any points for the trade ins so the guy would be right. I didn't know about the 10% on top of the 50%. I would be trading in 5 games so would have to make sure they scanned the most expensive one first. If I had a normal PS4 Pro, it would be a no brainer but having the Star Wars edition means I should be getting more for it but like I have already posted, I am getting nothing but lowballs trying to sell on offerup and FB marketplace. I can definitely get more selling the games locally and it's a bummer I don't get points for the trade ins but I am not about to drive to Vegas to do a trade in. Thanks for the responses. Still debating on what to do. Will be so much easier just trading everything into Gamestop and being done with all of it. Use that credit for a PSVR2. I also found 2 Joy Con that if my math is right, I would be getting $66 total store credit for. That's more than what I could sell them for locally.

I think sometimes we forget that we all live all over the place and it's not the same for everyone.

Metroid Dread SE finally "shipped" today.  Doesn't mean much since it's not handed off to Fedex yet.

Since I did the web in store order back in June, was kind of hoping I would get it on release date but doesn't seem likely at this point.

Metroid Dread SE finally "shipped" today. Doesn't mean much since it's not handed off to Fedex yet.

Since I did the web in store order back in June, was kind of hoping I would get it on release date but doesn't seem likely at this point.
I wouldn't lose hope just yet--I also got a shipment notification for Metroid Dread SE today, and shortly thereafter got a FedEx text (I set up notifications for any FedEx deliveries to my address) with an expected delivery date of 10/8.

Heads up to anyone looking, I stopped by my local gamestop yesterday and the manager informed me they did get in a limited number of Metroid Dread SE and the amiibo packs for friday. So if you're still looking I'd suggest going in at open to snag one.
Can anyone else confirm? I don’t want to go in Friday on opening and walk away with nothing.

Decided to trade in a PS4 Og model instead of selling it on eBay. Was practically new, the associate didn't even test to see if it works or if the controllers or any cables were included. Makes me wonder if she wouldn't charged me a fee if I didnt include the Sony brand controller so I could've traded it in separately for extra 40

Is it a 50% boost for the first 5 games on your account or just every visit? I have some 3DS and Wii games sitting here that I could trade in too but I would only get 30%. Could I go back every day and trade them in and get the 50% bonus?

Metroid Dread SE finally "shipped" today. Doesn't mean much since it's not handed off to Fedex yet.

Gamestop only promises release day delivery on orders if you pay for the next day shipping. otherwise it's just when it gets there.

Is it a 50% boost for the first 5 games on your account or just every visit? I have some 3DS and Wii games sitting here that I could trade in too but I would only get 30%. Could I go back every day and trade them in and get the 50% bonus?
It's sets of 5, so if you trade in 5, 10, 15, 20, etc. All will get the boost in one transaction.

...I also found 2 Joy Con that if my math is right, I would be getting $66 total store credit for. That's more than what I could sell them for locally.
You would get $64. Base of $20 for left and right. 50% bonus would be $10 each and pro 10% bonus would be $2 each. The 10% pro is always on the base.

I mean it's kinda hard to confirm unless you call your local store and ask. In general, if you want these limited items, it's best to get at the store during opening so you can have first dibs.
I just called a store and they told me that they will only have a few of the Metroid droid special editions and it’s first come first serve.

It's sets of 5, so if you trade in 5, 10, 15, 20, etc. All will get the boost in one transaction.

You would get $64. Base of $20 for left and right. 50% bonus would be $10 each and pro 10% bonus would be $2 each. The 10% pro is always on the base.
Gotcha. That makes more sense. Do I still have to make sure they do them in the correct order or does the system automatically do it?

Okay I was looking at the Pro credit which is $22. That's why I was wrong. $64 is still a good deal. I will add up my games and see if they are worth taking in. I do have an extra copy of Wii Sports but it's pretty scratched so I doubt they would take it. The extra 10% bonus only applies to the controllers correct? For games, I take the Pro credit and add the 50% to them?

Gotcha. That makes more sense. Do I still have to make sure they do them in the correct order or does the system automatically do it?

Okay I was looking at the Pro credit which is $22. That's why I was wrong. $64 is still a good deal. I will add up my games and see if they are worth taking in. I do have an extra copy of Wii Sports but it's pretty scratched so I doubt they would take it. The extra 10% bonus only applies to the controllers correct? For games, I take the Pro credit and add the 50% to them?
The order they scan does not matter. The system will just do it's thing.

They will take in Wii sports, they charge a refurbish fee for scratched games which is a few dollars.

The 10% bonus for pro applies to games too. When calculating look at the base value (non pro value) the 50% applies to the base value only. Then the 10% pro is added which is based off of the base value as well.

I will give another example. A game has a BASE value of $20. The 50% bump would be an extra $10. The pro bonus would be 10% off the base, which would be $2. The $20 base value would trade in for $32 with pro. The 50% bonus is not applied to the pro value on the website, it's applied to the base value.

Wow, I opened a chat with Gamestop CS and explained that my Lost Judgment GameCoin offer hadn't appeared despite picking it up in-store on 9/24, then the rep issued 10k PowerUp points for the trouble. That was shockingly easy and helpful, plus these won't expire as quickly as the GameCoin would have!

Does anyone know if metroid is G2L?
What is G2L?

The order they scan does not matter. The system will just do it's thing.

They will take in Wii sports, they charge a refurbish fee for scratched games which is a few dollars.

The 10% bonus for pro applies to games too. When calculating look at the base value (non pro value) the 50% applies to the base value only. Then the 10% pro is added which is based off of the base value as well.

I will give another example. A game has a BASE value of $20. The 50% bump would be an extra $10. The pro bonus would be 10% off the base, which would be $2. The $20 base value would trade in for $32 with pro. The 50% bonus is not applied to the pro value on the website, it's applied to the base value.
The Last of Us remastered has a $5 base. $5.50 pro. 50% added to the $5 base is $2.50. 10% added to the base of $5 is 50 cents which brings it to the same as the pro price. So aren't the games the same price as the pro? It has to be a better deal to trade in stacks of 5 games. If not, it would be better to just trade in games at different times since you would be getting $2.75 to the pro trade in off the $5.50 which is more. I am confused lol.

What is G2L?

The Last of Us remastered has a $5 base. $5.50 pro. 50% added to the $5 base is $2.50. 10% added to the base of $5 is 50 cents which brings it to the same as the pro price. So aren't the games the same price as the pro? It has to be a better deal to trade in stacks of 5 games. If not, it would be better to just trade in games at different times since you would be getting $2.75 to the pro trade in off the $5.50 which is more. I am confused lol.
I'm not totally sure what your trying to say and I'm not really sure how I can explain this any differently. Maybe someone else can. The 50% is not applied to the pro value on the website. The 50% and 10% pro bonus both apply independently to the base value. The pro value on the website is just showing you the base value with the pro 10% already applied...

I'm not totally sure what your trying to say and I'm not really sure how I can explain this any differently. Maybe someone else can. The 50% is not applied to the pro value on the website. The 50% and 10% pro bonus both apply independently to the base value. The pro value on the website is just showing you the base value with the pro 10% already applied...
I think I understand what you mean now. The 50% promo renders the Pro price meaningless. That's what was confusing me.

Pro price is always meaningless if you factor in any promos.  Everything is from the base value, including pro.  There's actually no such thing as a Pro value, just what a pro ends up getting after the 10% boost.

Basically, take the base value and add +50% if trading 5 games.  if pro add another 10%.  So Base value + 60% total.

I was just able to trade in an Xbox Elite controller. At first the guy said the same thing, but then he found it. I got $56 for it after the bonuses. Receipt shows #119518 911, that might help.

Side note, I grabbed an Elite Series 2 from Target with the sale and the 10% electronics. Came to about $133 after red card. That is a really nice controller. Was gonna try and wait to get the Master Chief one, but had to jump on the discounts.
So I went in today to a different Gamestop to try and trade in my elite xbox controller series 1 ready with the SKU you provided in case they could not find it. The guy tested it tagged it, took my pro info and ID and gave me a trade credit of $120.
No questions asked, no doubts, gave my thanks and walked out of there.
Of course he mistakingly took it for a series 2... but same guy was very "smart" last time I went in and said they did not take PS3 controllers even when I showed him on the website with value and averything, so I had to drive to another gamestop to trade in that plus some other stuff.
Guess I wont be coming in to that particular Gamestop for a while...

Wow, I opened a chat with Gamestop CS and explained that my Lost Judgment GameCoin offer hadn't appeared despite picking it up in-store on 9/24, then the rep issued 10k PowerUp points for the trouble. That was shockingly easy and helpful, plus these won't expire as quickly as the GameCoin would have!
Must be a common thing so they are basically just auto approved to fix it that way I guess. Definitely slightly better than the gamecoin like you said.

This is nothing new really as when they first came out with it many were having issues with it appearing on their accounts back then.

That really seems like tempting fate.
When I had a coupon that wouldn't work and the live chat associate revoked the coupon and re-instated the points, it counted as though I "earned" the reinstated points in my lifetime points number. The 1M points could be inflated?

Decided to try my luck talking to chat and the guy didn't say anything for like 20 minutes then came back and specifically said that I would have my game coin and 1200 points I did not get very soon. Just checked my account and they gave me 22400 points.

I don't even understand lol, but I will take it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back