2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Goddammit!

NOTE: You MUST have everything that originally came with the Switch (Device, Joycons, official Dock, joycon attachments, official charger) or else they won’t take it. I wasted my time today because I don’t have the original dock anymore (I sold it and used a third party connector)…can’t tell you where the attachments for the controllers are (cause I don’t use them). WTFFFF!!!!!
What would you expect them to do? Take it without the dock and sell it for full price to someone else without the dock? How is this a WTF for you?

Sorry if this was answered already, but I purchased a Switch OLED, and I want to trade in my Day 1 switch. How long is the $260 trade in promotion going to last? And do I have to be a pro member? I don't see anything on their site about a promo.

What would you expect them to do? Take it without the dock and sell it for full price to someone else without the dock? How is this a WTF for you?
I mean, I don’t know; probably sell it without the dock for cheaper? You said it! I’m so pissed, they don’t even sell the damn docks!

Edit: It would be nice if they took third party docks.

My Walmart has a ton of Animal Crossing switches - Not OLED but I really like the design and have been wanting one for awhile.  Tempted to trade my regular for $260 and pick it up.  But I don't really want to sit on all that Gamestop credit.

Anybody know why Gamestop is taking XB1 Kinects?  Not too long ago, Gamestop didn't even accept them.  The X1X can't use it without a $25 adapter.  I doubt the current generation uses them.  And, game support seems to be very limited.  Can't believe I got $15 for it.

I know people have posted a code for G2L for Metroid, but of course when I asked the employee, he said they weren't doing it.

I was just picking up the game, so not a waste of time/effort this trip. But there shouldn't be any issue doing G2L for it, right? I've never done one of these before. When I take it back, I just give them a code and then they give me trade credit in the amount of $59.99 + tax? Is that how it works?
If there isn't a G2L code on your receipt for the purchase of Metroid Dread, you're gonna have a big headache ahead of you, especially if posted codes are already not working.

Sorry if this was answered already, but I purchased a Switch OLED, and I want to trade in my Day 1 switch. How long is the $260 trade in promotion going to last? And do I have to be a pro member? I don't see anything on their site about a promo.
Tomorrow.

It may get extended but we won't know until Sunday. I would just take it tomorrow and get it done then.

Just got back. Total trade in credit was 454.75. Now to transfer my card they gave me to my account. I usually never trade things into Gamestop but this promo was really good. Thanks for all the insight.

thanks, lifesaver your a for this. Just to confirm, I don't need to bring the original box or anything? And can I retroactively use the credit on the oled switch I bought online? Like can i return the oled when it comes in and rebuy it using the credit?

thanks, lifesaver your a for this. Just to confirm, I don't need to bring the original box or anything? And can I retroactively use the credit on the oled switch I bought online? Like can i return the oled when it comes in and rebuy it using the credit?
Your mileage may vary there, I've done it in the past and it's been no problem but I've also dealt with managers that were a pain in the ass that wouldn't allow it. I wouldn't imagine them giving you any problems with it though, but if you have multiple Gamestops in your area if you get denied at one take it to the other one but don't mention that you were denied at the first one.

Goddammit!

NOTE: You MUST have everything that originally came with the Switch (Device, Joycons, official Dock, joycon attachments, official charger) or else they won’t take it. I wasted my time today because I don’t have the original dock anymore (I sold it and used a third party connector)…can’t tell you where the attachments for the controllers are (cause I don’t use them). WTFFFF!!!!!

michael-jordan-laughing.gif

giphy.gif

I mean, I don’t know; probably sell it without the dock for cheaper? You said it! I’m so pissed, they don’t even sell the damn docks!

Edit: It would be nice if they took third party docks.
yeah, they don't do that. all switch systems sell for the same used price. there isn't a dockless price, that's called a switch lite for people who want that.

If there isn't a G2L code on your receipt for the purchase of Metroid Dread, you're gonna have a big headache ahead of you, especially if posted codes are already not working.
Would that automatically happen in the transaction and print on the receipt? I preordered and purchased. Then I asked the employee if they were running G2L for it.

I have points for a trade on 9/30, but I did trade and buy something in the same transaction. Did you just trade stuff in? Some states are not getting points anymore (I think California has been mentioned)
Yes I was trading in only on all 3 transactions. I get points for purchases but not for trades apparently. Live in Florida.

And for me in SoCal, if I do a trade and purchase in the same transaction, I won't get points for the purchase.  It's as if the "no points for trades" concept acts as a mathematical factor that cancels out the points assigned for purchases.  Like when you multiply anything against zero the total is always zero. 

yeah, they don't do that. all switch systems sell for the same used price. there isn't a dockless price, that's called a switch lite for people who want that.
if I get my OLED delivered tomorrow I wonder if they would take that dock for Switch V2 that I want to trade?

My Walmart has a ton of Animal Crossing switches - Not OLED but I really like the design and have been wanting one for awhile. Tempted to trade my regular for $260 and pick it up. But I don't really want to sit on all that Gamestop credit.

Anybody know why Gamestop is taking XB1 Kinects? Not too long ago, Gamestop didn't even accept them. The X1X can't use it without a $25 adapter. I doubt the current generation uses them. And, game support seems to be very limited. Can't believe I got $15 for it.
I had two kinects that I wanted to trade in today (and the adapter for the one x) guy didn't even try to look it up and refused them. I know I could sell them on ebay and probably make more but I'm lazy and don't trust ebay. Might try another more competent store tomorrow. Also tempted to trade in my day 1 switch and just wait til an oled is available to buy from gamestop.

When does the trade-in bonus end? Do I need to have everything that came with it like the wrist straps because IDK where those are lol.

Also if I just do cash instead of Gamestop credit (since I have the Switch OLED pre-ordered elsewhere) would I still get a bonus for the trade-in?

They took $40 off my trade in for my switch because the joy con didn’t slide right or something. I never had an issue m. Beyond pissed

I can't add my trade credit card I got today to my online account? Google doesn't really seem to answer me. Just says I can add the number when I purchase something. I would assume then the full amount is ready to use. I am used to Target and any gift card you have you can easily add to your online account.

I can't add my trade credit card I got today to my online account? Google doesn't really seem to answer me. Just says I can add the number when I purchase something. I would assume then the full amount is ready to use. I am used to Target and any gift card you have you can easily add to your online account.
No, you have to keep the card. you can always take a picture of the card number and pin for your own backup in case, but you cant load onto an account.

What's the current trade-in deal for games (and pre-requisite minimum trade-in value if anyone knows). I tried looking back through the and all I could find was a mention of a "trade 5" something...

No, you have to keep the card. you can always take a picture of the card number and pin for your own backup in case, but you cant load onto an account.
Well that sucks. The girl at Gamestop told me she could add it to my account if I had a previous pin number. I did not so then she told me I can add it to my app when I got home. She was confused I guess. Does the full amount stay on my account after I put it in when buying something? I am sure I am able to save the card to my account at least for future use right?

Well that sucks. The girl at Gamestop told me she could add it to my account if I had a previous pin number. I did not so then she told me I can add it to my app when I got home. She was confused I guess. Does the full amount stay on my account after I put it in when buying something? I am sure I am able to save the card to my account at least for future use right?
Nope, it doesnt add to account at all. trust me you don't want it on the account anyways, way too many breaches. It just takes what you pay and then leaves the rest on the card.

They used to have a physical membership card that was tied to your account and also your trade in value would be tied to the account with that card but they did away with it a year or so ago I believe.

They used to have a physical membership card that was tied to your account and also your trade in value would be tied to the account with that card but they did away with it a year or so ago I believe.
It's fine. Not as convenient as Target but keeping a physical card is not so bad. Walmart also lets you save your gift cards to your account. Only problem would be trying to use it on hot items that sell out quick. By the time you put your card info on the order, it might be out of stock. I plan on using the credit on a PSVR2 and I highly doubt they will be super popular and difficult to get like a PS5 or Series X.

It's fine. Not as convenient as Target but keeping a physical card is not so bad. Walmart also lets you save your gift cards to your account. Only problem would be trying to use it on hot items that sell out quick. By the time you put your card info on the order, it might be out of stock. I plan on using the credit on a PSVR2 and I highly doubt they will be super popular and difficult to get like a PS5 or Series X.
Put the trade card number and pin in a note file for quick access.

They took $40 off my trade in for my switch because the joy con didn’t slide right or something. I never had an issue m. Beyond pissed
If the joycons slide out without them having to push the button they’re considered broken and they have to send them out for repair. Hence the $40 they take off. Just saying for others taking advantage of the trade, check to make sure your joycons lock into place before heading to the store.

If the joycons slide out without them having to push the button they’re considered broken and they have to send them out for repair. Hence the $40 they take off. Just saying for others taking advantage of the trade, check to make sure your joycons lock into place before heading to the store.
Trade in the joycons for $64 then buy new ones for $69 by price matching walmart. Use new ones to trade in system

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back