2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was able to trade in my switch for $260, but they took off $50 for a cracked vent and joycon issues. Used the credit to get Steam Credit. I will have a Steamdick too

Im not sure i dont follow this thread enough or if theres a discord or whatever but im jealous and you guys all seem to come out way on top.
Welcome to the thread. It can get snippy in here at times, but the past 2 weeks at GS were an absolute goldmine. Between my account and my brother’s account I’m sitting at about 2500 tc and 2 switch OLEDs. Traded in multiple ps4s and xbox ones, controllers and a games from multiple consoles and handhelds. Still managed to stay below the trade limits and avoid a trade ban. This was a great alignment of the stars for a trade bonanza- the likes of which we haven’t seen in a while. Just follow the thread and the advice of some of the veterans here. It is not hard to build credit at gamestop with a little bit of cash investment and some games you are done with. A few boomerangs also help. Hopefully you will be ready for the next one!

GS email this morning says "Get Up To $240 For Your Original Switch." Site value following the link is $200 regular/$220 Pro. So not sure what the exact bonus amount but I am guessing we're still at $260 - maybe they just started the promo early unannounced. Email has no info about any other trade promos other than the usual "trade us your tech" stuff.

Just seeing this now I would totally trade my switch in for $260 towards an OLED, but I doubt I’ll find an OLED in stores. Seems like it sold out Friday/yesterday

Just seeing this now I would totally trade my switch in for $260 towards an OLED, but I doubt I’ll find an OLED in stores. Seems like it sold out Friday/yesterday
Stores with still-pending preorders will probably no longer have the console held after 48 hours. So it might be worth checking around this morning or tomorrow morning.

, but I doubt I’ll find an OLED in stores.
The OLED was way easier to get than series x or ps5. If you can go Switchless for about a week tops, you should be able to land one. Rumor has it that GS stores will be selling in-store for next restock. Also if for some reason someone did not pickup their OLED pre-order, stores may be willing to sell those soon. Just call your local stores for inventory updates.

Ok so it’s almost opening time on the west coast.

Do we have any confirmation yet on the 3 big trade promos?

- 5 games +50%
- controllers +50%
- consoles boost

- 5 games +50%
- controllers +50%
- consoles boost

- 5 games +50%
- controllers +50%
- consoles boost
They sent out the "weekly email" earlier and there's no mention of those promos, so I think they're over now.

MRQA3RA.png

Called 2 local stores.  First person was less than helpful. 

Second person did a mock switch trade over the phone for me and confirmed it's still up to $260 for Pro members (for V2 switches at least).  She wasn't sure but said it will most likely last all week.  As usual, I would take advantage of this asap if you're interested.

i got another one to get rid of but id need to buy a dock/hdmi/grip and joycons

its a v1 i think i should just ebay it at this point

I traded in my PSVR and got $146 total I think in 3 seperate lines, the headset did not get the bump but the camera and motion controllers did. Not an amazing price but I've not touched it once in a year and doubt I will touch it again, rather sit on the credit than more useless junk.

They needed the headset+breakout box/cables (1 trade) with HDMI/microUSB cable/earbuds, then seperately 2x motion controllers ($22 ea after bumps) and PS4 camera ($27.20 i think old gen, might get more for v2). It was the first PSVR system they traded in so it took a while, no testing but they did ask me if it worked ok.
Do you happen to have your receipt handy with the sku for the PSVR headset? I called a GameStop store and they said they don't take them, but they were only referencing the website.

Can’t confirm but think there is a 10% off $75 and 20% off $150ish promo going on now. Could work on everything including game currency…

After trading in my launch switch yesterday evening for $260, I went around noon today and traded in my seven year old PS4 from 2014 with an extra PS controller for $242.50 ($215 for system and $27.50 for controller).

Receipt shows $50 promo and $15 PowerUp Card 10% as part of the $215.00 price.

I was all digital for my PS4 so now to hunt down a PS5 all digital system.

Now debating my Xbox One X for $350 in my man cave as already have a Series X on main 4K TV in living room.

After trading in my launch switch yesterday evening for $260, I went around noon today and traded in my seven year old PS4 from 2014 with an extra PS controller for $242.50 ($215 for system and $27.50 for controller).

Receipt shows $50 promo and $15 PowerUp Card 10% as part of the $215.00 price.

I was all digital for my PS4 so now to hunt down a PS5 all digital system.

Now debating my Xbox One X for $350 in my man cave as already have a Series X on main 4K TV in living room.
I guess the conytroller promo is dead

Anyone know if GameStop takes in non working systems? My PS4 pro won't load up. I've tried safe mode and disconnecting everything and nothing.

I'm thinking it's the hard drive. Who knows

I traded in a X1S a while back that would couldn't make it to the home screen. They took it no problem just hit me with a $40 refurb. There was a promo that week so it basically covered that. I think it's worth it to just take the hit than source a new hdd.

I traded in a X1S a while back that would couldn't make it to the home screen. They took it no problem just hit me with a $40 refurb. There was a promo that week so it basically covered that. I think it's worth it to just take the hit than source a new hdd.
Wow, that's actually not bad at all. I'm going to try. Thanks!

A PS4 HDD swap is simpler than doing so on the XB1. You can get 500GB laptop drives for the PS4 for less than $15. I bought one on eBay a few months ago for my PS3 for $7. Cheaper than the $40 refurb fee

I just traded in my XBOX One S for $215 in ATL around 6:40 PM EST. The guy was adamant that there was no cash back. He didn't have trade in cards that would not be taxable on purchases so had to do a Gift card like I did yesterday too. Sucks. The gift cards have $200 limit and applied after taxes while trade in cards are done before purchase. Well at least I got a decent trade in for something I don't use anymore.

I saw some people asking if the 50% trade in bonus was still active and can confirm it has ended. I traded in a few Cyberpunk and Fallout 76 copies and got no bonus.

Also, if anyone wants a 30 day free trial for HBO Max feel free to use one of the codes below. They came with my Cyberpunk copies and thought I’d post them.

CYBERPUNK03AEV8XCBYVH

CYBERPUNK01A9BYD8W25U

CYBERPUNK01ASZR2S9SBG

Since I just rejoined pro rewards last week and haven't been using GameStop for anything for years, I have two questions:

1. Can gift card balances be transferred to trade cards at any time? Both stores in my area were out so I have 4 GCs with $200 each on them which isn't ideal.

2. Is there a way to make sure I'm opted in for emails? I have gotten exactly zero emails since rejoining aside from the Game Informer one and I'm worried I won't get the PS5 drop emails.

Since I just rejoined pro rewards last week and haven't been using GameStop for anything for years, I have two questions:

1. Can gift card balances be transferred to trade cards at any time? Both stores in my area were out so I have 4 GCs with $200 each on them which isn't ideal.

2. Is there a way to make sure I'm opted in for emails? I have gotten exactly zero emails since rejoining aside from the Game Informer one and I'm worried I won't get the PS5 drop emails.
Yeah same for me with those GC's I have 5 of them with all my trade ins but want to buy a PS5 digital bundle and use the trade in credit to avoid some taxes. Do I just bring my receipts with GC's and they can exchange it?

Cleared $1752.20 in trade credit. Mostly from stuff I got for cheap at flea markets or from previous deals such as B2G1.
And of course you’ll claim that on your taxes as hobby income right? You can write off the gas you spent driving around town. Since it’s GameStop though, maybe it ought to be consider gambling income.

No,  they cannot put gift cards onto trade cards.  the only way to get trade cards is to trade things in and have it put on them.  Also online purchases are capped at 2 gift cards, so $400.  won't be able to use multiple cards to buy a ps5 online, would have to do it in store via order that way if available.

Same. In my case I had clicked "unsubscribe" over a year ago last time when my Pro expired. Since renewing Pro and signing up for emails 3 times over the last two weeks I've still gotten nothing. I sent support an email today.

No, they cannot put gift cards onto trade cards. the only way to get trade cards is to trade things in and have it put on them. Also online purchases are capped at 2 gift cards, so $400. won't be able to use multiple cards to buy a ps5 online, would have to do it in store via order that way if available.
Well that's a game changer and something I'm going to definitely complain about next time I go in. Obviously I don't expect anything but when the manager is telling me one thing and what you just said contradicts that then that's a problem. The whole point that he fully understood was building credit for a PS5 and they only sell them online lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back