2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok I’m trying to use:

1) $10 rewards cert
2) $5 monthly cert
3) trade in credit or even PayPal

To buy a game that’s on sale. (Mario golf)

GameStop refuses to take my Trrade in credit and also won’t load PayPal.

Am I doing something wrong or is it just the shitty website as usual?

With the Halo infinite series X preorder is it possible to preorder in store when it goes live tomorrow? I would need to use 4 trade credit cards and the website only limits me to using 2.

Ok I’m trying to use:

1) $10 rewards cert
2) $5 monthly cert
3) trade in credit or even PayPal

To buy a game that’s on sale. (Mario golf)

GameStop refuses to take my Trrade in credit and also won’t load PayPal.

Am I doing something wrong or is it just the shitty website as usual?
Maybe I'm wrong, but I think it's been established that the online rewards certs are garbage and rarely work so that might be the cause. Otherwise yes, it's probably the website as usual.

Online certs haven't worked for me in a year+. The last three times I've tried it, I had to call CS to get it refunded in points. I haven't tried it in store yet, but I might with the upcoming Q4 sales.

Finally was able to call corporate about how all my credit was spread out in $200 increments on gift cards instead of on a trade card that I could use online and they are taking good care of me and it should be fixed in a couple of days. Dude was super nice and I didn't expect it to be that easy lol

So my biggest compliant about Gamestop is their lack of standard policy. They should really have a standard checklist or something when it comes to trading in games. I've had two different experiences at two different Gamestops when it comes to trading in controllers.  The problem is that it can create expectations in the wrong way. 

So my biggest compliant about Gamestop is their lack of standard policy. They should really have a standard checklist or something when it comes to trading in games. I've had two different experiences at two different Gamestops when it comes to trading in controllers. The problem is that it can create expectations in the wrong way.
They have a standard policy. a whole book of it and instructions for all tradeins for employees. The issue is they're bleeding people faster than they can train them. What was different about trading controllers?

Called my 2 usual GSs and they were both unaware at first, and once they looked into it, pretty sure there won't be any in-store pre-orders opened for the Halo Series X tomorrow. Guess it's online-only still.

Is there anyway to look at the transactions on the rewards site to see what the transaction was you got points on?
In the past, a few years ago, I called CS and they were able to run through everything on all my recent transactions as I was trying to figure out something similar.

I traded in an original launch model Xbox one and it was mint has everything but got 20$ off bc he said that’s what they have to do. It wasn’t even turned on to check if it worked but I got 140$ so I guess that’s ok. Kinda lame but I traded in other stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's messed up. If you're not going ham on promos I'd run it up the ladder and fill out the survey.
yeah I’m not really happy about it. I usually check my receipt I worked at a store like that and things like that always happen or they miss something on a trade. Just so weird to make it a refurb for a console that is completely mint. He seemed like a cool guy prob doing his job I have no idea kinda lame

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone happen to have a screenshot of when Super Monkey Ball: Banana Mania was mentioned in a weekly ad (I think in August?) as having $10 GameCoin attached? I fully expect having to argue for the $10 in a week and would like to have the proof on-hand just in case.

Yeah I haven't received any game coin from picking up the game a few days after it was released.   Similarly, I received Gamecoin from Sonic Colors Ultimate and Cruis N' Blast within a few days of purchase. 

Has anyone actually been able to secure a Series X in one of these "Pro Only" drops?  Should I expect them to be available for 10 minutes tomorrow morning?  An hour?  Sold out instantly?

Has anyone actually been able to secure a Series X in one of these "Pro Only" drops? Should I expect them to be available for 10 minutes tomorrow morning? An hour? Sold out instantly?
I don't know but just be ready right when they go live. I am not sure if there is a trick to getting them but they will probably go in and out of stock for at least 20 min.

Has anyone actually been able to secure a Series X in one of these "Pro Only" drops? Should I expect them to be available for 10 minutes tomorrow morning? An hour? Sold out instantly?
I got a Series X bundle last week. They were 15 minutes late putting them up, but after that it went smoothly. I think they were up for 20 minutes, maybe less.

I got a Series X bundle last week. They were 15 minutes late putting them up, but after that it went smoothly. I think they were up for 20 minutes, maybe less.
That was for bundles that have items some people don't want. I think if this is just the console, and a limited edition one at that, it'll sell out much quicker.

Does anyone know if Back 4 Blood is a G2L title? I've heard from an employee that it is, but I was wondering if anyone can confirm this since employees can be mistaken. 

If you miss out on the Halo Series X, don't feel bad, just wait on one of these instead.

FBb-Cva-SVc-AA3g-X0.jpg

If I sign up for pro am I pro right away?  Site seems to imply it could take 24 hours.

How difficult is it to have the shipping address and/or payment information changed for a pre-order. Wishful thinking, but if I'm able to get the Halo Xbox Series X at Gamestop I may need to change either of those pieces of information as I will be moving before the console releases I expect.

With all the other bundles, I usually see some kind of 'keep trying' hoverover message. If that guy actually bought one, and we are still seeing Not Available, I wonder if its done already.

Now it is saying it is no longer available after doing the captcha. Oh well, hope I am not banned from refreshing too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back