2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
It went live at 8:15, I was able to get one into my cart, but by the time my cart loaded, it had been moved to save for later, when I tried to move it back to my cart it was no longer available.

I refreshed constantly and never got through. It never showed me it was available to pre-order (red button) until it wasn't.
The only way I saw the red preorder was if I wasn’t signed in, then when I hit it, nothing happened. In the browser I was signed in on, I’ve been constantly refreshing since 9:58, I saw nothing but the gray unavailable.

I refreshed at 9:58am and the pre-order button showed up at 10:02am, but the button didn't do anything. Then it asked for the captcha at 10:16am and then it said no longer available.

I just got to the final place order button, chugged, and then told be out of stock.  I bet they had 1 console to use as a bribe for a lot of pro member signups

Got through paypal  pop-up, clicked Place Order button...something went wrong, try again message...try again after paypal pop up again...sorry OOS item in cart. :bomb:  :bomb:  :bomb:  :bomb:

This was seriously some horseshit, never even saw a preorder button, on since before 11 yada yada...gamestop burning up some serious goodwill with this debacle.

TBH the ps5 bundles have been amazingly easy. I've hooked up my whole crew through that. I figured this one would be harder, but holy shit, this was practically no different than trying to grab one from bots.

Still have the preorder button, but every time I click it it just brings up a little white circle for less than a second and nothing else happens. 

Been trying since the announced time, what a huge waste of time...

they're probably saving all the consoles for thursday.... with their typical forced bundles
Exactly what I thought when I saw the promo email. It will be the same story for the Halo Elite controller tomorrow. They will want to save it for the bundle on Thursday.

Exactly what I thought when I saw the promo email. It will be the same story for the Halo Elite controller tomorrow. They will want to save it for the bundle on Thursday.
I mean, the thursday bundle will be expensive but not a bad deal consider the halo elite controller is long oos.

Still have the preorder button, but every time I click it it just brings up a little white circle for less than a second and nothing else happens.

Been trying since the announced time, what a huge waste of time...
This is what I experienced as well when it first went live...I just kept the mouse over the preorder button and kept clicking away. I ran into the same issue (spinning) at the payment and confirmation screens, but it eventually went through.

I mean, the thursday bundle will be expensive but not a bad deal consider the halo elite controller is long oos.
Thursday bundle will go out of stock quick, due to everything in the bundle being limited edition.

At least last week's Xbox bundle was a regular edition Xbox Series X, so it wasn't QUITE as hard to get. Maybe if people got super lucky, they had it delivered before last Sunday so they could trade in FC6 for $60 during the G2L window and trade the controller while the bonus was still live for $48 TIC. Doubtful GS shipped and delivered that quick, but maybe.

Nothing popped up as far as the Xbox console. This console hunting is getting old. Basically working hard on top of paying premium for video game systems.

I hope the switch oled doesn't become this hard to acquire. That's the one that I really want

Just bought a game for $0.99 and the only method of delivery was same day.  The delivery fee was free because an item I ordered for shipping was $36 (and wasn't also available for same day). Has anyone used this service before?

Put some cash in an envelope and tape it to your door labeled "for driver"
I won't be home. That's the issue. I didn't realize it was a same day on one of the items when I initially placed the order. I saw it on the confirmation after. I would have just not placed the order if I had known first, considering it was a $1 throw-in game. I checked after and there wasn't a shipping option at all for the game

Edit: Did just notice a banner on the homepage in fairly small print Pros – Free Same Day Delivery Thru 10.24

I called up Gamestop customer service. She was clearly working from home as I heard her kid making a lot of noise. I told her my trade points hadn't shown up in my account yet. She says I should have gotten 9,500 with the trade ins but put 20,000 in there! She also apologized for her kid making noise. I am in Southern California so give them a call if you don't get trade points. With the 10,000 Pro sign up bonus and the 20,000 trade in plus the points I already had, I am over 35,000 now. Heck of a week to do business with Gamestop!

I called up Gamestop customer service. She was clearly working from home as I heard her kid making a lot of noise. I told her my trade points hadn't shown up in my account yet. She says I should have gotten 9,500 with the trade ins but put 20,000 in there! She also apologized for her kid making noise. I am in Southern California so give them a call if you don't get trade points. With the 10,000 Pro sign up bonus and the 20,000 trade in plus the points I already had, I am over 35,000 now. Heck of a week to do business with Gamestop!
Happened to me with one of the reps who I was telling about the fraud case, heard her kid yelling in the background lol. Lady was great and very sweet

We get points for trade ins? I traded my switch this past Sunday and nothing. Im in southern California.

We get points for trade ins? I traded my switch this past Sunday and nothing. Im in southern California.
Other states do but not California. I simply called up and said the points haven't shown up in my account yet. All I was asked was my phone number and how much trade in I did. If I was told I don't get trade in points because I live in California, I was just going to let them know that the app mentions that one of the benefits of a Pro membership is you get points for trade ins and doesn't mention anything on that varying by state. I didn't have to go into any of that. She just put the points into my account.

Other states do but not California. I simply called up and said the points haven't shown up in my account yet. All I was asked was my phone number and how much trade in I did. If I was told I don't get trade in points because I live in California, I was just going to let them know that the app mentions that one of the benefits of a Pro membership is you get points for trade ins and doesn't mention anything on that varying by state. I didn't have to go into any of that. She just put the points into my account.
Very much this, it it's advertised and could be considered a bait and switch tactic if that is one of the main reasons you signed up. Customer service bus very good at just throwing points at you to make you happy as it is very much something they are able to do and the points don't mean a whole lot to them so I'd definitely recommend calling and getting the points for trades everybody deserves, especially on these big console trades.

Is Gamestop.com website down for anyone else? I have tried on multiple devices and none of them work.

Good for you. I'm gonna give them a call. Let's see what I get

Hmm well I got points for trading in my xbox one s yesterday, tho when I did my big trade in for $1300 I didn't get them. Just the 10k points for renewing my pro membership.

Didn't get my 10K points for renewing. I went from PUR Elite to PUR (because there's nowhere else to go but down now), and it just says:

+0 PTS Member Downgraded

Date: 10/08/2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back