2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Didn't get my 10K points for renewing. I went from PUR Elite to PUR (because there's nowhere else to go but down now), and it just says:

+0 PTS Member Downgraded

Date: 10/08/2021
But did you go from PUR to PUR Pro? I renewed last week after my PUR Elite expired and got the 10k points within the following 1-2 days. I don't have that "PTS Member Downgraded" line in my rewards activity, so you might want to call CS.

I called up Gamestop customer service. She was clearly working from home as I heard her kid making a lot of noise. I told her my trade points hadn't shown up in my account yet. She says I should have gotten 9,500 with the trade ins but put 20,000 in there! She also apologized for her kid making noise. I am in Southern California so give them a call if you don't get trade points. With the 10,000 Pro sign up bonus and the 20,000 trade in plus the points I already had, I am over 35,000 now. Heck of a week to do business with Gamestop!
Hell yea man! 35,000 points! That's like $35(!!) You can buy a house with that! So happy you finally decided to trade in your switch after a week of nonstop questions!

If you ever happen to do another trade in if CSAC ever becomes a thing again, will you please go to your local gamestop and yell at them asking why they wont give you CSAC in California and report back?

I called up Gamestop customer service. She was clearly working from home as I heard her kid making a lot of noise. I told her my trade points hadn't shown up in my account yet. She says I should have gotten 9,500 with the trade ins but put 20,000 in there! She also apologized for her kid making noise. I am in Southern California so give them a call if you don't get trade points. With the 10,000 Pro sign up bonus and the 20,000 trade in plus the points I already had, I am over 35,000 now. Heck of a week to do business with Gamestop!
I stopped getting points just recently for trade ins. What was the ratio? Was it 20 points per dollar trade in like buying? I have to call in for the big trade I did on saturday.

Update: Back 4 Blood is a G2L title. I just picked up my pre-order (PS5 version) and there is a code (EBC 3067473) printed on the receipt:

vgEQihU.jpg

The employee also said that just about every new title will be G2L even if it's not explicitly mentioned in any promotions. I assume this would also apply to the new Call of Duty, although I still doubt they would extend this to most niche titles. They did, however, say that they are authorized to return any opened game within 2 days of release even if there is no code. 

Since this morning I have been getting access denied. I tried and failed to get an Xbox this morning. I read in the past that a few people on here got their IP address banned for trying to get an Xbox Series X or PS5. Has this happened to anyone else today?

The employee also said that just about every new title will be G2L even if it's not explicitly mentioned in any promotions. I assume this would also apply to the new Call of Duty, although I still doubt they would extend this to most niche titles. They did, however, say that they are authorized to return any opened game within 2 days of release even if there is no code.
Yes a local manager told me the same thing a few weeks ago

I got a question.  I am about to close a sale with someone and they offer gamestop credit without the actual card, just the code and pin.  Would i be able to use it in store if i provide the code and pin or will i be only about to use it online?

I got a question. I am about to close a sale with someone and they offer gamestop credit without the actual card, just the code and pin. Would i be able to use it in store if i provide the code and pin or will i be only about to use it online?
Uh pass. They give you the number and pin and then spend it after they give it to you.

But did you go from PUR to PUR Pro? I renewed last week after my PUR Elite expired and got the 10k points within the following 1-2 days. I don't have that "PTS Member Downgraded" line in my rewards activity, so you might want to call CS.
Sorry, my previous post should say "I went from PUR Elite Pro to PUR Pro".

The thing is I renewed my Pro membership early (my Elite Pro membership had not yet expired). Not that it should matter. My Elite Pro membership was set to expire on 11/8/2021, but GS employees kept badgering me every time I went in asking me if I wanted to renew so I finally broke down and did.

Here's what it shows on my points page:

VyXWB4t.png

Shows that I have an expiration date for my PUR Pro of 10/9/2022 as well:

k5hFeZg.png

Shows that I have an expiration date for my PUR Pro of 10/9/2022 as well:
Hmm, curious. What is everyone's lifetime points vs membership value. I noticed I had a higher value than DisGonnaBeGood, but less lifetime points. ( 912,754 Lifetime points / $4496 "Membership Value" ) :beer:

Guessing I just did more bogo deals or promos?

Let's see. I'm at 1,158,225 points so far. $6,804.17 value. I don't really keep up with it though. Just care about the rewards certificates.

I feel like my value is not lining up with yalls. I have about 360,000 lifetime points, but only $750 total savings. Although I maybe just didn't abuse stuff quite as much back in the day when the getting was good (oh boy do I regret not paying attention to this stuff in the past, especially back in the day when Texas didn't have to pay sales tax when using trade credit).

I've had multiple accounts banned now that were all over a million lifetime points, I think I was up around 3 million on my main one before it got toasted. I know I had a single transaction a couple years ago that had a savings well over a thousand dollars. 

It used to be extremely easy to generate hundreds of thousands of points every time there was a half decent promo.

I've had multiple accounts banned now that were all over a million lifetime points, I think I was up around 3 million on my main one before it got toasted. I know I had a single transaction a couple years ago that had a savings well over a thousand dollars.

It used to be extremely easy to generate hundreds of thousands of points every time there was a half decent promo.
What did you get banned so many times for? Or they just ban you if you're getting too much value?

Hey, anyone know the return policy on defective used PS4 games ordered online (and I prefer to return it in-store)? Game was ordered on 10/6 and delivered 10/8. Just got around to installing it and the disc can't be read. Will the store need to see the packing slip, or could they look it up on my account (assuming they do in-store returns)? My very first GS order not using same-day delivery and it's already screwed up!

Hey, anyone know the return policy on defective used PS4 games ordered online (and I prefer to return it in-store)? Game was ordered on 10/6 and delivered 10/8. Just got around to installing it and the disc can't be read. Will the store need to see the packing slip, or could they look it up on my account (assuming they do in-store returns)? My very first GS order not using same-day delivery and it's already screwed up!
I'd take it into the store as soon as you possibly can while they're open and take the packing slip with you.

Just bring in the packing slip, and they can refund you or exchange for another copy. They CAN pull your order up in-store, but not every employee knows what they're doing. Or anything.

You have 30 days to return, you can take it to a store with the packing slip.

you can fill out the online return form and choose to return in store and it will give them a slip to return it if you want

you can fill out the online return form and choose to return in store and it will give them a slip to return it if you want
Thanks! But I just checked the TIV and it's apparently $1 more than I paid for it (Those Who Remain, PS4), so I might just go that route. Is the trade 5 / xtra 50% still going on and is there a minimum trade value per game?

at this pace we'll eventually get an RTX card from GS before the console :rofl:
What I find hilarious is I was talked to about this exact thing by my boss when I worked there. He explained how there were people that would exploit the system and get so much credit to get fancy new video cards. "It's not right" I was told. Voodoo 3 were not supposed to be bought that way.

My pro expired in September but I still have the October pro cert in my offers, think it’ll work?
The coupons don't work unless the account is active.

Also, the lifetime savings is broken and doesn't really mean anything. If you ever got any promo item that was $999 and discounted it counts that, a few items like Batman Arkham Knight it counts buying a used copy against the discontinued batmobile version(which got bumped to $1k also) and marks all that $990 as savings.

Also, the lifetime savings is broken and doesn't really mean anything. If you ever got any promo item that was $999 and discounted it counts that, a few items like Batman Arkham Knight it counts buying a used copy against the discontinued batmobile version(which got bumped to $1k also) and marks all that $990 as savings.
Makes sense, I think I got in at least the $999 > $0 promo pokemon cards binders / cards at some point. :cold:

Saw that GS will be open on Thanksgiving... to sell overstuffed PS5 bundles!

Thank you for shopping at Gamestop.com
If you need to return merchandise, please refer to the
RETURN POLICY
Returns must be postmarked within 30 days of
shipment. Unopened new merchandise in saleable
condition can be returned or exchanged. Opened
new games and systems can be exchanged for same
item only. Opened accessories and used merchan-
dise can be returned or exchanged. Refunds are
issued via original payment type. We reserve the
right to refuse any return.

What did you get banned so many times for? Or they just ban you if you're getting too much value?
You used to only get banned for exceeding the quantity limits or the dollar values for trades. Now they are banning people for "taking advantage of promotions" and things like that. So basically if you just wind up on their radar.

Thank you for shopping at Gamestop.com
If you need to return merchandise, please refer to the
RETURN POLICY
Returns must be postmarked within 30 days of
shipment. Unopened new merchandise in saleable
condition can be returned or exchanged. Opened
new games and systems can be exchanged for same
item only. Opened accessories and used merchan-
dise can be returned or exchanged. Refunds are
issued via original payment type. We reserve the
right to refuse any return.
https://www.gamestop.com/fullreturnpolicy/

Pre-owned software must be returned within seven (7) days of in-store purchase or receipt of shipment in order to qualify for a refund or exchange.

It's 30 day defective exchange. If you want money back, it is only 7 days.
That's not true, if it's defective you can get a refund with 30 days.

From the same page you posted:

Defective products, including opened electronics that are defective, may be returned within 30 days of in-store purchase or receipt of shipment in order to qualify for a refund or exchange.

I just picked up the Switch OLED for $344.99. I paid for it in full with trade credit, so no tax and I used my $5 cert.

I asked the employee if the Switch was still getting the $40 bonus and he said yes. I'm gonna transfer my Pokemon data over then trade in my old one.

That's not true, if it's defective you can get a refund with 30 days.

From the same page you posted:

Defective products, including opened electronics that are defective, may be returned within 30 days of in-store purchase or receipt of shipment in order to qualify for a refund or exchange.
I linked the full return policy. It is 100% true. the policy is posted in store as well. you have to read the full exceptions on the list.

Below are exceptions to the general thirty (30) day rule. All the exceptions listed below require the merchandise be returned with a receipt or a GameStop.com order number.

Pre-owned software must be returned within seven (7) days of in-store purchase or receipt of shipment in order to qualify for a refund or exchange.

It's literally in the full policy. The policy in store states this as well.

This policy is drilled into every employee, they even have a chart for it.

They will take it as an online return via shipping back within 30 days, that is stated in that other post. But if you want to return pre-owned games, in store, it's within 7 days of getting it.

I just called Customer Service for missing points on trades I did Saturday. Instead of giving me the 8500 points i was supposed to get, they gave me 15,000 points. The total call took about 2 mins. 

I've been denied probably 10+ times in my area and each time it's an employee (including management) not wanting to process a return and citing 7 days from packing slip date. They're trained extremely poorly on this. I've also had used games delivered over a month from shipment due to innovations-style shipping methods. This used to mean a customer getting absolutely stuck with whatever a store sends you - at least until the website recently started offering online returns.

I've been denied probably 10+ times in my area and each time it's an employee (including management) not wanting to process a return and citing 7 days from packing slip date. They're trained extremely poorly on this. I've also had used games delivered over a month from shipment due to innovations-style shipping methods. This used to mean a customer getting absolutely stuck with whatever a store sends you - at least until the website recently started offering online returns.
It should be 7 days of receipt of shipment, not the packing slip date. You can't control how long it takes to be picked up and shipped to you.

I linked the full return policy. It is 100% true. the policy is posted in store as well. you have to read the full exceptions on the list.

Below are exceptions to the general thirty (30) day rule. All the exceptions listed below require the merchandise be returned with a receipt or a GameStop.com order number.

It's literally in the full policy. The policy in store states this as well.

They will take it as an online return via shipping back within 30 days, that is stated in that other post. But if you want to return pre-owned games, in store, it's within 7 days of getting it.
The 30 day defective policy applies to pre-owned games. The 7 day limit is only for other returns of pre-owned games, like changing your mind. I've never had a problem with this. They have always accepted my return of defective pre-owned games within 30 days.

California people, just call in about not getting the points from trade ins. I called in an a nice lady got me the 33.3k points that I wasn't awarded from the trade ins.

She didn't even ask where I was located, I just said I had trade ins on the dates that I did and she was able to look them up and add the points.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back