2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
just did my 1st gamestop.com order for used games and half good and half bad

245665484_4785824731437088_3106713095119364712_n.jpg
Lucky Ys 8 even came in a switch case.
FWIW, I ordered YS VIII three times before getting a copy with the art, no extras. Still waiting for Torna to come back in stock to take another swing on a complete copy.
I think it Took about 7 or 8 orders for me to get a complete copy.

It's 30 day defective exchange. If you want money back, it is only 7 days.
The MLG pro play to get around the 7 day limitation, is to make sure you go to a store that does not have the item in stock. If they don't have it in stock and its defective, they'll refund you (or at least they did for me, however it was the original store where I made the purchase from).

Thank ya both. Maybe I have to wait until it's randomly back in stock. The only links I can come across just show the Playstation options. Nothing for switch.

The 30 day defective policy applies to pre-owned games. The 7 day limit is only for other returns of pre-owned games, like changing your mind. I've never had a problem with this. They have always accepted my return of defective pre-owned games within 30 days.
defective policy is for exchange only on preowned games, the other policy overrules it. it doesn't extend the return period. a store may make an accomodation if they dont have the item in stock and refund, but by policy that's only an option if it's not available to order either.

Thank ya both. Maybe I have to wait until it's randomly back in stock. The only links I can come across just show the Playstation options. Nothing for switch.
switch ver is in stock just hit add to cart on the link i posted it show Playstation on the right side drop down menu but it show up as switch in your cart

defective policy is for exchange only on preowned games, the other policy overrules it. it doesn't extend the return period. a store may make an accomodation if they dont have the item in stock and refund, but by policy that's only an option if it's not available to order either.
Does not say that. It says: "Defective products, including opened electronics that are defective, may be returned within 30 days of in-store purchase or receipt of shipment in order to qualify for a refund or exchange."

Now, I know you will point to the next line that says "Pre-owned software must be returned within seven (7) days of in-store purchase or receipt of shipment in order to qualify for a refund or exchange."

However, both use "return or exchange." If the 7 day line restricts the above 30 day defective line, then you can't get an exchange beyond 7 days for pre-owned games for any reason. That's because it doesn't limit the defect products clause. It's only for returns of pre-owned games other than for being defective, e.g. you changed your mind. You have 30 days to return a defective game for a refund or exchange, regardless of whether it's pre-owned or new.

Below are exceptions to the general thirty (30) day rule. All the exceptions listed below require the merchandise be returned with a receipt or a GameStop.com order number.
- Defective products, including opened electronics that are defective, may be returned within 30 days of in-store purchase or receipt of shipment in order to qualify for a refund or exchange.

https://www.gamestop.com/fullreturnpolicy/

The 7 day return policy isn't for defective products.

It says PS4 version on the drop down bar to switch between that and PSvita but it's still the switch version as long as you use the correct link.
switch ver is in stock just hit add to cart on the link i posted it show Playstation on the right side drop down menu but it show up as switch in your cart
like this poster said.

Are Switches still getting the $40 bonus? I called my local GameStop and they still have some OLEDs left over.
Where are you located that your GS still has some!? Mine wouldn’t even bother looking up which stores might have one because “there’s no way anyone has them”.

Where are you located that your GS still has some!? Mine wouldn’t even bother looking up which stores might have one because “there’s no way anyone has them”.
I live in Augusta, Georgia. I got an OLED from the Augusta Mall location. They only had Neon Red/Blue. That was cool with me since I didn't want White.

I went back to the Mall and traded in my V1 Switch for $260 after I transferred my user data over to the OLED.

I started with $634 in credit. Buying the Switch took me down to $289. I went back up to $549 after the trade.

Below are exceptions to the general thirty (30) day rule. All the exceptions listed below require the merchandise be returned with a receipt or a GameStop.com order number.
- Defective products, including opened electronics that are defective, may be returned within 30 days of in-store purchase or receipt of shipment in order to qualify for a refund or exchange.

https://www.gamestop.com/fullreturnpolicy/

The 7 day return policy isn't for defective products.
It is, and every employee is told as such.

Preowned games = 7 day return/exchange/money back

Preowned games = 30 day defective exchange, no refund.

The only item that can even be returned at all if defective in 30 days is Accessories. If a new game is defective, it's exchange only. If new hardware is defective, it's exchange only.

I live in Augusta, Georgia. I got an OLED from the Augusta Mall location. They only had Neon Red/Blue. That was cool with me since I didn't want White.

I went back to the Mall and traded in my V1 Switch for $260 after I transferred my user data over to the OLED.

I started with $634 in credit. Buying the Switch took me down to $289. I went back up to $549 after the trade.
I found 1 in Georgia when I went away last weekend as well on Saturday by Poole. Luckily I brought my V1 with me so I could trade it in towards the OLED.

California people, just call in about not getting the points from trade ins. I called in an a nice lady got me the 33.3k points that I wasn't awarded from the trade ins.

She didn't even ask where I was located, I just said I had trade ins on the dates that I did and she was able to look them up and add the points.
How do points correlate to trade in dollars? 20 points per dollar for pro just like purchases?

Is the trade in promotion still working with games? I still have a stack of games to trade and just wanted to know before going into the store tomorrow. 

I managed to get a white OLED today! I called just to ask if they knew when their next shipment was, and the guy said they got some in this morning. I traded my v2 in two days before the $40 bonus (feels bad man), but I turned 5 crap games into $60. Ya win some, ya lose some.

Is there a link to tomorrow's Xbox Series X Halo Super Fan Bundle?  All I can find is the bundle from Tuesday.  I am a glutton for punishment so I want to try again tomorrow.  Thanks in advance.

So I don’t buy from GameStop much but they had the Monster hunter amiibo restock along with Ridley restock so I ordered them. The Monster hunter ones shipped yesterday and were picked up by FedEx yesterday as well. Ridley ‘shipped’ Tuesday but the tracking says it still hasn’t been picked up. Is that normal?

So I don’t buy from GameStop much but they had the Monster hunter amiibo restock along with Ridley restock so I ordered them. The Monster hunter ones shipped yesterday and were picked up by FedEx yesterday as well. Ridley ‘shipped’ Tuesday but the tracking says it still hasn’t been picked up. Is that normal?
I've had items sit awaiting pickup for as long as a week and half when coming from a store, from warehouse, up to 3-4 days. Usually things move within 1-2 days. I've had a few orders just never move and then I request a refund via the online return form. That usually takes 2-3 days to process and then 3-5 days to receive the refund.

Man, I didn't  know you got points for purchases using only credit. I paid $345 for my OLED Switch and then I got points for my old V1 switch trade in. I have enough now to get a $25 online cert. Are the online certs still broken or are they working now?

Rewards Activity
Current Points: 29,158
POINTS ACTIVITY DATE
+5200 Sales Transaction 10/13/2021
+6900 Sales Transaction 10/13/2021

Man, I didn't know you got points for purchases using only credit. I paid $345 for my OLED Switch and then I got points for my old V1 switch trade in. I have enough now to get a $25 online cert. Are the online certs still broken or are they working now?
Still broken, don't bother with those.

Is there a link to tomorrow's Xbox Series X Halo Super Fan Bundle? All I can find is the bundle from Tuesday. I am a glutton for punishment so I want to try again tomorrow. Thanks in advance.
Page isn't up yet, but I believe this is the link:
https://www.gamestop.com/consoles-hardware/xbox-series-x%7Cs/consoles/products/halo-super-fan-system-bundle/B307473A.html

$919.97. Even with surplus GS tc right now, that's not reasonable enough for me to care. Don't want to be stuck with the headset.

Yeah, so far Twitter responses make it seem like it only works for those of us who got it in the cart last time and left it there.

I learned that lesson from getting a PS5 from Walmart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back