2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is the following transaction too much for a GS employee to handle:

1) Returning a game I paid with my credit card, and rebuying it with trade credit
2) Cancelling/rolling over an existing preorder to a new preorder
3) Trading in games towards the new preorder in bullet #2 above to get extra 30% TIC
4) Resubscribing for another year of PUR Pro

Seems like a lot? Most the time GS employees seem to get overwhelmed doing one of the things above, let alone all those.
2-4 are routine. #1 is pushing it as it benefits them in no way and is an annoyance.

#1 is pushing it as it benefits them in no way and is an annoyance.
I expected as much. I bought 2 Dread Special Editions online and wanted to return/rebuy them to not only remove the tax (trade credit is tax free in-person here), but use certs and possibly that 20% off $120 or more promo someone posted about the other day. I'm hoping they don't give me a particularly hard time but I know some employees get really antsy about their metrics.

I expected as much. I bought 2 Dread Special Editions online and wanted to return/rebuy them to not only remove the tax (trade credit is tax free in-person here), but use certs and possibly that 20% off $120 or more promo someone posted about the other day. I'm hoping they don't give me a particularly hard time but I know some employees get really antsy about their metrics.
it wont effect their metrics. for simplicity sake that first point might be best done in it's own transaction, but they'll tell you how to proceed with it in what way works best for them.

Yea that'd be pushing it with everything else. Maybe soften it with a gpg if I were you.

Has anyone had issues getting the 30% trade-in boost on qualifying games?

I tried to trade in a few games towards Guardians of the Galaxy (which is mentioned as a qualifying game in the latest GS e-mail) yesterday but the bonus 20% (on top of my 10% for PUR) wasn't being applied. I even tried getting a copy of Back 4 Blood (there was a sign stating it qualified for a 30% trade boost in the Playstation section) but that wouldn't work either.

The employee said the promos were probably expired so I just cancelled the trade.

Does the trade bonus only work on current-gen versions now? (I was trying to get PS4 versions)

Big restock of PS3 games on the website - possible some other consoles as well, but I haven't checked. You're probably not going to find any super rare games here, but it's a good opportunity to pay less than $10 or so for some of these games than you would have to pay through other places.

Can someone post the email for the 30% bump. I’m about to trade in 3 switch games with a 35 base. Might as well get the bump and preorder something. Thx.

I renewed my Pro Membership on Monday. Immediately after that, I did a 2nd renewal on the same account. The 1st renewal showed the 10k points on Monday. I had to call today, but they added 10k points for the 2nd renewal. Not bad since I used trade credit.

Can someone post the email for the 30% bump. I’m about to trade in 3 switch games with a 35 base. Might as well get the bump and preorder something. Thx.
Haven't seen an email, just posts. I got 30% bump on M Dread, but COD is also another play. Go a few pages back for some more.

Anyone else ever have an issue with their trade card? Sequence of events:

1.) Placed an order yesterday. Got a confirmation email for the order.

2.) Got an email this morning saying there was an issue with my payment for a different, old order that I've already received.

3.) Tried to place an order this morning for something, but when I put in my trade card number/pin, it says "This gift card has insufficient funds"

4.) Checked the balance. My balance is listed as $0.00, but if you add up all the transactions, it has a balance ~$200. I also noticed the order I placed yesterday wasn't listed on the transactions, but the total of yesterdays order and the one I tried to place today is

I can at least confirm that Mario Party does have a 30% bump and the Pokemon double pack doesn't even though it says it does

Here is that printout thing again:

[attachment=36239:post-589234-0-26831400-1634416267.jpg]

There are also some other games which are on a poster in the store but I forget what they are. But I'm not sure if they're also on this page

fucking hilarious that those copies of Fallout 76 Ps4 they were giving $20 to $26 credit for a few days ago are selling for 99 cents now. You can even get a "new" copy for $2. Someone clearly needs to work on their algorythmns.

fucking hilarious that those copies of Fallout 76 Ps4 they were giving $20 to $26 credit for a few days ago are selling for 99 cents now. You can even get a "new" copy for $2. Someone clearly needs to work on their algorythmns.
I think your $5 monthly cert is auto-applying, because the price for new/used is currently $7/$5.99 when I look. Your point still stands, though.

Where can you get it for 99 cents? I wouldn't mind having one in the collection for the meme

Edit: nvm lol

I am planning to trade a PS4 pro that's not starting or is too slow when it does. I suspect it is the hard drive.

If I exchange the drive for an after market one, would it show up when they do the testing? Do they inspect such a thing?

I am planning to trade a PS4 pro that's not starting or is too slow when it does. I suspect it is the hard drive.

If I exchange the drive for an after market one, would it show up when they do the testing? Do they inspect such a thing?
As long as you swap out the 1TB for another 1TB drive you will be fine.

Damn fooled again. I should have had my coupon active yesterday when I got them to price match their website for Diablo III Eternal collection last night. My guess is unless you get a JD. They would match the website price with the coupon applied in store. Fooled me plenty of times now. Just dont show them an under $5 game and try to match the price as free and you should be good.

Gamestop price match policy doesn't allow stacking of price match+coupon.  so not really a JD, just someone doing their job.

Has anyone had issues getting the 30% trade-in boost on qualifying games?

I tried to trade in a few games towards Guardians of the Galaxy (which is mentioned as a qualifying game in the latest GS e-mail) yesterday but the bonus 20% (on top of my 10% for PUR) wasn't being applied. I even tried getting a copy of Back 4 Blood (there was a sign stating it qualified for a 30% trade boost in the Playstation section) but that wouldn't work either.

The employee said the promos were probably expired so I just cancelled the trade.

Does the trade bonus only work on current-gen versions now? (I was trying to get PS4 versions)
The GOTG trade bump works on ps5 for sure.

I renewed my Pro Membership on Monday. Immediately after that, I did a 2nd renewal on the same account. The 1st renewal showed the 10k points on Monday. I had to call today, but they added 10k points for the 2nd renewal. Not bad since I used trade credit.
I renewed for $9.99 yesterday using trade credit and checked my Rewards Activity to find I only got 300 points!? lol

I just called CS and got the 10K added (as well as 1,000 missing points from a purchase on 10/9) without any issues. :)

I renewed for $9.99 yesterday using trade credit and checked my Rewards Activity to find I only got 300 points!? lol

I just called CS and got the 10K added (as well as 1,000 missing points from a purchase on 10/9) without any issues. :)
300 points is normal. thats what you get for renewal. the 10k points can take up to 72 hours to load in and are seperate from that.

Gamestop doesn’t price match Xbox/Microsoft store right? Controllers are $49.99 atm on Xbox site but got GameStop credit
I was able to but not sure if it's actually in the policy. The stores I've PMed at don't really know the policy for which stores they PM. Most agree with the major stores (Target, Best Buy, Walmart, Amazon) but others have denied Microsoft Store, MicroCenter, BrandsMart USA, while others did allow those.

Wish Gamestop would actually post the policy on their website instead of different hearsay from different employees whose story doesn't match the next employee in this regard.

I was able to but not sure if it's actually in the policy. The stores I've PMed at don't really know the policy for which stores they PM. Most agree with the major stores (Target, Best Buy, Walmart, Amazon) but others have denied Microsoft Store, MicroCenter, BrandsMart USA, while others did allow those.

Wish Gamestop would actually post the policy on their website instead of different hearsay from different employees whose story doesn't match the next employee in this regard.
I see them scan barcodes for the major retailers they pricematch at the register. Maybe you should inquire with which stores they do.

I see them scan barcodes for the major retailers they pricematch at the register. Maybe you should inquire with which stores they do.
I second this, especially since I've heard from my local store that employees can be fired for PMing a price without scanning the corresponding retailer's "Price Match" barcode.

Yeah, it's only those major ones. That's the only ones with barcodes.

Probably already asked - but can you redeem a $10 cert to use on a pro-renewal instore?
Can't. It's a $5 pro + $5 game informer split on the ring up for the promo. At least that's how it's been ringing. So it's split into 2 items the coupons don't do anything.

I've noticed that too. On the receipts I have, it shows "Price Override" and "Promotion Not Found" for the PMs I've done. No promo code either to see which store was matched.

I don't think they are scanning a specific store, just a code to override the price in general. I'll have to ask again, though each time I've asked what stores they match, they don't seem to know of any specific list. Seems to be just whatever sounds right honestly.

Remember trying to match Amazon for Joy-Cons too at one store and the girl said they don't PM Amazon. Asked for a list, and she said they don't have one. Asked to speak to a manager about it since I have PMed Amazon at other stores. She said she'll let it slide, scanned a code and matched the price. Not really sure what she scanned if she thought they didn't PM Amazon but she did match it.

I've noticed that too. On the receipts I have, it shows "Price Override" and "Promotion Not Found" for the PMs I've done. No promo code either to see which store was matched.

I don't think they are scanning a specific store, just a code to override the price in general. I'll have to ask again, though each time I've asked what stores they match, they don't seem to know of any specific list. Seems to be just whatever sounds right honestly.
The price override is done regardless, but there's supposed to be a $0.00 line item for a barcode to explain why the price was adjusted (e.g., "Price Match - Gamestop.com", "Price Match - Walmart"). If you don't see that on your receipts, then the employee isn't scanning the barcode and might get in trouble if a manager or higher-up notices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back