2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
There was a $50 extra trade-in value a couple weeks ago for PS4 Pro and Xbox One X. If that's not still going on, are the chances good for that deal to come back soon, like for Black Friday? Thanks!

The price override is done regardless, but there's supposed to be a $0.00 line item for a barcode to explain why the price was adjusted (e.g., "Price Match - Gamestop.com", "Price Match - Walmart"). If you don't see that on your receipts, then the employee isn't scanning the barcode and might get in trouble if a manager or higher-up notices.
So on the receipts I have, it shows one or the other, not both. So one receipt shows "Price Override", others show "Promotion Not Found". None of my receipts show the store it was matched too either.

Wouldn't want anyone getting in trouble, not that anyone can control how they PM. I don't shop at the same Gamestop either, so sucks if multiple stores in the area are doing something wrong when it comes to PMs. I'm sure they'll work out these issues, especially with the holidays coming up. Hopefully we get an actual policy up on the site to reference by Black Friday too.

So on the receipts I have, it shows one or the other, not both. So one receipt shows "Price Override", others show "Promotion Not Found". None of my receipts show the store it was matched too either.

Wouldn't want anyone getting in trouble, not that anyone can control how they PM. I don't shop at the same Gamestop either, so sucks if multiple stores in the area are doing something wrong when it comes to PMs. I'm sure they'll work out these issues, especially with the holidays coming up. Hopefully we get an actual policy up on the site to reference by Black Friday too.
It's a coupon code, it doesnt print out the store on the receipt. But yes, they have to scan the right retailer coupon code into the transaction for tracking purposes on EVERY price match. It's only those select few retailers with barcodes.

It's a coupon code, it doesnt print out the store on the receipt. But yes, they have to scan the right retailer coupon code into the transaction for tracking purposes on EVERY price match. It's only those select few retailers with barcodes.
Do you know what all those retailers are?

Just got back from GS selling my OG gray Switch for $220 cash.  The +$40 trade-in bump is gone from last week.  But they have some "same as cash" promotion going on right now.  So it's $220 cash or else $220 trade-in value.  That was really nice since I bought my OLED elsewhere.  ($322 out the door at Target)

Great price on the new console upgrade.  Can be rid of these shitbags on Craigslist now. 

Finally got around to calling GS support about my missing FC6 Game Coin. The lady knew my issue before I even finished talking which was a relief. She said that they screwed up and no one got their game coin and because they're phasing out the program entirely, they're just awarding people 10k points instead.

Call was less than 3 minutes, hold time and menus included.

RIP Game Coin.  :beer:

So I went to visit my friend who works at GameStop and when I walked in, as a joke I yelled out "Y'ALL GOT ANY OLEDS?"

Without hesitation, my friend goes "ACTUALLY, we do! Someone just returned one like 30 minutes ago. You want it?"

My jaw dropped because I didn't expect her to say yes and I was just going in to say hi and buy some PSN Credit...

Bought it without even thinking. Went from wanting to spend $20 to suddenly spending $370. Still shocked tbh

Where you gonna sell it? I think I could get $150 or more locally around Xmas.
Not sure. Maybe reddit? I'd rather ship than meet up with someone in person these days ...

Mine is complete with box and screen protector since day 1, but $110 cash is probably okay for how easy it would be. I just didn't want to make a spur of the moment decision and then regret it.

I need to get rid of my switch lite Skull & Co and Satisfye grips which GS won't take anyway, so maybe I'll do a bundle on eBay or something.

So I went to visit my friend who works at GameStop and when I walked in, as a joke I yelled out "Y'ALL GOT ANY OLEDS?"

Without hesitation, my friend goes "ACTUALLY, we do! Someone just returned one like 30 minutes ago. You want it?"

My jaw dropped because I didn't expect her to say yes and I was just going in to say hi and buy some PSN Credit...
I'd be checking those joy con to make sure someone didn't swap out their old ones.

I'd be checking those joy con to make sure someone didn't swap out their old ones.
It was the White version and she checked it fully and it was never even touched or removed from the plastic! I thought the same thing but I trust her a lot and she's been working there for WAY too long so I know she knows better.

I never understood the point of the Game Coin. Wasn’t it basically just a gift card? What was the difference?
Yes it was a certificate that had to be used in two weeks like a gift card except it expires. I think GS was to stay competitive on hot titles at launch. Walmart often drops their titles to 50 around launch and then Amazon price matched. Before BestBuy pulled their GCU, you could pick up a new title for 48. Gamestop just wanted to capitalize on that membership/pre-order market

I never understood the point of the Game Coin. Wasn’t it basically just a gift card? What was the difference?
It’s basically a $10 coupon that has to be used within a couple of weeks. Best Buy has a similar program for pre-orders, but they give you points instead which take a long time to expire.

Console boost is dead. Just scanned my switch lite didn't trigged the extra $25. Left with my console.
I was in a couple hours ago to trade in a game. I asked if they still had the $50 bonus on PS4 systems and the employee behind the counter said he believed they did. I'm debating going back and selling my PS4 either tonight or tomorrow.

Couple questions about the 30% trade bonus with preorder

1. Is it a 20% bonus plus 10% pur? or 30% bonus plus 10% pur? I am assuming 20, but want to confirm.

2. Will Pokemon Diamond work? or does it have to be the dual pack from the photo a few pages ago?  

3. Will controllers get the bonus or just games?

1. Is it a 20% bonus plus 10% pur? or 30% bonus plus 10% pur? I am assuming 20, but want to confirm.

2. Will Pokemon Diamond work? or does it have to be the dual pack from the photo a few pages ago?

1. 20% bonus + 10% PUR, as you assume.

2. At least one CAG has confirmed the Dual Pack does not trigger the bonus. I don't think anyone here has tested Diamond yet, but you could always pick a game confirmed to work (e.g., Battlefield 2042 PS5 or Guardians of the Galaxy PS5) then transfer the credit to Diamond later.

3. Just games.

For Super Mario Party, I got 45.50:

Base: 35
Pro: 3.50
bonus: 7

So it’s 20% bonus of base.

1. 20% bonus + 10% PUR, as you assume.

2. At least one CAG has confirmed the Dual Pack does not trigger the bonus. I don't think anyone here has tested Diamond yet, but you could always pick a game confirmed to work (e.g., Battlefield 2042 PS5 or Guardians of the Galaxy PS5) then transfer the credit to Diamond later.

3. Just games.
Perfect! Thanks for the response. I will try it with Diamond and will report back tomorrow, if not I will do Guardians, then transfer.

I got a question, i went to gamestop do the renew +10k point back.  I told them to use my point, they say they cannot do it since it say 15k point for the renew.  They say redeem for  the 10,000 certification might work, if not i got a month to use it.  So i proceed yo redeem 10k point and it is still not letting me do it and the coupon expire in 10 days.   SO, i can only cash/gift card/ trade credit for the $10 renew?

Correct, you cant use a coupon on the discounted renewal.  You can call customer service if you want the coupon cancelled and points back though.

Amazon(Sold by Amazon only), Target, Walmart(Also sold by Walmart only), Best Buy, and Gamestop.com
Hmm, wonder how they managed to PM MicrosoftStore, BrandSmart USA or MicroCenter as well. Must have been done differently.

Must be a good reason why Gamestop doesn't have this policy on their site or physically in store for people to see, hopefully they do eventually.

They can scan any barcode for any tracking.  Its just for tracking purposes.  Too much and wrong matching can get them fired.  That's all.

Most employees here don't scan the barcode and just use the "Promotion Not Found" discount for price matching. In fact, those employees don't even ask for the retailer for proof. They've been doing this for months and haven't been fired due to the severe labor shortage, but many of them look dead inside and I would imagine they don't care enough with how little the job pays. 

I was in a couple hours ago to trade in a game. I asked if they still had the $50 bonus on PS4 systems and the employee behind the counter said he believed they did. I'm debating going back and selling my PS4 either tonight or tomorrow.
Well the clerk scanned and processed the switch lite trade in and the bonus was gone. It was there a few days ago when I had forgotten my charger. You might want to have them try to enter it in over the phone and see what the system is before you bring it in based on what your employee says from what he believes.

Who (company) delivers GameStop's "today" delivery? I feel like ordering an amiibo, but won't be home all day. I'm a little afraid it will get lost

Who (company) delivers GameStop's "today" delivery? I feel like ordering an amiibo, but won't be home all day. I'm a little afraid it will get lost
I believe it's Doordash. And they probably don't care much whether it gets delivered to the right place, given there isn't even an option in the app for them to get tips.

Tempted to use $10 cert on 2k22 on switch. It’s $40, so it would be $30 effectively. It might go lower on Black Friday, but reasonably $30 is the lowest I see until Xmas.

Does anyone know if we are getting a b2g1 sale anytime soon? Normally I see one of the pre owned sale for games under XX.XX, but haven't seen one in awhile. TY 

Does anyone know if we are getting a b2g1 sale anytime soon? Normally I see one of the pre owned sale for games under XX.XX, but haven't seen one in awhile. TY
I would say probably a month out. Almost always b2g1 around thanksgiving. Last year we briefly saw b1g1 as well.

Not sure exactly when but it looks like a Pro Day is happening soon, according to the GS app.

If you click on Profile->Power Up Rewards the page says 'PRO DAY SALE IS COMING'.

Here's hoping we get a B2G1 or some other decent deals!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back