2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
So… does it mean switch lite bonus is back too? Anyone?
Honestly if you have a store close by, I'd just go in and ask if they can do a mock trade to see what value comes up. I happened to be in my store for something else and just so happened to ask which is how I found out. Came back a couple of hours later to do the trade.

That $10 bonus on Switch games was a huge plus. Those $10 walmart clearance games Xenoblade & Tokyo Mirage were really good flips. Thanks for the heads up. 

Just to add on to what vigilante said earlier, I was successfully able to show a picture of Walmarts in store price at my store tonight for the price match

I'm glad I looked in this thread and saw about the Switch game deal. Traded in Dread, MonHun Rise, and Three Houses for $107. Ended up putting $54 of that toward Returnal and I had the worst time getting a pricematch. First store where I traded the games in said they could pricematch Walmart but were out of stock. Went to a second store with stock and the two employees were like deer in the headlights when I asked about pricematching. I get that GameStop is a shit company that doesn't train their employees, but it pissed me off neither employee would pick up the phone to call the store I was just at for details. ‍I got smarter and called up a third location to confirm a) they could pricematch and b) they had a brand new copy. It was one of the premier locations, so the higher level employee knew his shit. He also confirmed that corporate doesn't tell most stores about the pricematch policy.

I'm glad I looked in this thread and saw about the Switch game deal. Traded in Dread, MonHun Rise, and Three Houses for $107. Ended up putting $54 of that toward Returnal and I had the worst time getting a pricematch. First store where I traded the games in said they could pricematch Walmart but were out of stock. Went to a second store with stock and the two employees were like deer in the headlights when I asked about pricematching. I get that GameStop is a shit company that doesn't train their employees, but it pissed me off neither employee would pick up the phone to call the store I was just at for details. ‍I got smarter and called up a third location to confirm a) they could pricematch and b) they had a brand new copy. It was one of the premier locations, so the higher level employee knew his shit. He also confirmed that corporate doesn't tell most stores about the pricematch policy.
$43 for Dread is tempting. That would be a $3 rental considering I only paid $47. I beat it in 6 hours and haven't touched it since.

Renewed my pro yesterday and traded in some games. Got points for both but haven't gotten the 10k bonus yet. Should I message them or just wait a few days?

I renewed last week. It took a day for the 10k renew bonus, then another couple days for my 10k purchase points to show up. I also got a 300 point renewal bonus for some reason. Where is the $5 signup bonus certificate? I haven't seen that show up in my account.

Looks like there may be some more Trade-in value errors happening. I just got back from trading in Immortals Fenyx Rising on PS5 and it only got 8.00 base even though it's been bumped on the website/app to $12.00 base.

saw this elsewhere

image0.jpg

There's currently a banner near the bottom right of the GS homepage that says "get up to $300 for your console" but the highest value is for the XB1 X and PS4 Pro:  each trades for $250 base and $275 with pro.  There is no $300 TIV for any console.  And if you count the $50 bonus (which may or may not end today) then the total TIV is $325, not $300.  This is so confusing lol.    

Wondering if values are going to adjust tomorrow based on that memo or if it's just typical GS miscommunication.  

There's currently a banner near the bottom right of the GS homepage that says "get up to $300 for your console" but the highest value is for the XB1 X and PS4 Pro: each trades for $250 base and $275 with pro. There is no $300 TIV for any console. And if you count the $50 bonus (which may or may not end today) then the total TIV is $325, not $300. This is so confusing lol.

Wondering if values are going to adjust tomorrow based on that memo or if it's just typical GS miscommunication.
Don't the PS5 / Series X have a base $300 value ?

I just got back from trading in my Xbox One X and Nintendo Switch. Was going to trade-in for cash, but I told the manager I was bummed that the extra $50 trade-in bonus ended last week. He scanned in my systems to see what bonuses was available if I took trade-in credit, and the $50 bonus trade-in credit shown up for the X1X and $40 for the Switch. Got $325 for the X1X and $260 trade credit for the Switch. Bonus doesn't apply if you take cash.
So I traded my switch in last week and only got $220. I even specifically asked if there was a trade credit bonus and was told no. Did I get screwed? Is there anyway to get the $40 extra credit?

So I traded my switch in last week and only got $220. I even specifically asked if there was a trade credit bonus and was told no. Did I get screwed? Is there anyway to get the $40 extra credit?
Are you a Pro member? Non-Pro members got $220 for the Switch and Pro members got $260.

No, you didn’t get screwed. They had the extra $40 trade-in bonus but it ended about 2 weeks ago when they started cash same as credit for consoles. You went in when it ended and got $220 cash or $220 trade in credit. They just restarted the extra $40 trade in credit again for the switch 2 days ago.

Just made my first online order from GameStop in about four years. Let's see how this goes! I've had nothing but great success before! /s

Just ordered 6 copies on 2 accounts lol

Re assassins creed- I got like 5 of the 9 I ordered. So there’s some hope

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back