2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
saw this elsewhere

image0.jpg
$250 for Xbox one? Which model(s)

is there a deal on a AC game?
They were making a reply to another person commenting on a previous similar deal with assassin's Creed. It was also 10 and some people got their orders delivered others cancelled. Usually the best guarantee is to do either ship to store or the expensive same day delivery where a manager actually just dropped it off at your front door. Or at least that was my experience when I managed to order a copy of Ys 8 PS4. Sadly it was raining and I didn't know they were there and they left it in the rain with no plastic bag or anything so it was a little bit wet.

50% extra trade credit for all games 10/31- 11/7 also more infor on the previous page
Yeah, I knew about the previous screenshot. I was providing evidence to confirm that. But since we never know what’s official until it’s on the site or in an email, I was clarifying that I saw no other details on the site.

They were making a reply to another person commenting on a previous similar deal with assassin's Creed. It was also 10 and some people got their orders delivered others cancelled. Usually the best guarantee is to do either ship to store or the expensive same day delivery where a manager actually just dropped it off at your front door. Or at least that was my experience when I managed to order a copy of Ys 8 PS4. Sadly it was raining and I didn't know they were there and they left it in the rain with no plastic bag or anything so it was a little bit wet.
Gotcha gotcha. Thanks

Anyone know when GameStop charges for preorders? I have the Halo series x pre-ordered but just made a purchase on my trade card that takes me under that amount by less than $1.

Last edited by a moderator:
Email advert says "Don’t Miss 50% Extra Credit when you sell us select games."

No way to know which games are select, as usual

Just got my ready for pickup email for Animal Crossing. Wasn't able to use my credit on it, but it's hard to complain when I just traded it in for 45 not too long ago.

The email stated 50% extra select games. When clicking on click values banner, it gives me a list of 4,341 games. Maybe not so select after all? 

you can price match
they might not sell it to you and create a rule on the spot

but ive found oos games on the website and price matched before cause prices in store are always more

you can price match
they might not sell it to you and create a rule on the spot
but ive found oos games on the website and price matched before cause prices in store are always more
I feel like for Animal Crossing, even the most inept GS employee will refuse to price match it out of principle alone. Everyone knows what animal crossing is

yea basically same
i can imagine them getting the manager on the phone and the manager saying fuck no then buying it themselves

Just traded in some games and the employee said it applies to all games. Traded in Balan and Immortals and got $33 store credit.

the select is just to exclude low trade value games most times.  so it's probably a $2-$5 minimum as standard. 

It did show as as all games get 50% extra. Traded in a few of my Walmart grabs and they all got bumped. I'm 99.9% sure under $2 will not work but there is nothing stating otherwise.

I just had Death Stranding DC Ps5 rejected from trading in. The employee's said it wouldn't scan & it wouldn't show any trade value when they looked it up. The weird thing was I could look it up on their website no problems. Anyone else have problems like this? This is my local friendly store so  gonna try again tomorrow when the manager's there, 

that's a known issue with that game.  it doesn't exist in stores pos system for used so they cant take it for trade.  thats everywhere.

I just had Death Stranding DC Ps5 rejected from trading in. The employee's said it wouldn't scan & it wouldn't show any trade value when they looked it up. The weird thing was I could look it up on their website no problems. Anyone else have problems like this? This is my local friendly store so gonna try again tomorrow when the manager's there,
I had this problem a while back when I tried to trade in Kinect Sports. It shows on the site as trading for $6 but simply doesn't come up at all when they scan it

I had this problem a while back when I tried to trade in Kinect Sports. It shows on the site as trading for $6 but simply doesn't come up at all when they scan it
the site listing for that game is actually for kinect sports ultimate(2 disc) which is both 1 and 2. its messed up on the site. stores no longer take either game by themselves.

Got the $50 bonus for trading in both my Xbox One S and One X. And the 50% bonus seems to work on most games, I got
9.60 for a copy of gta4 (360) that’s been sitting on my shelf collecting dust for probably over a decade!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back