2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone confirmed if the 50% bonus on games is good through today? My local GameStop employee said it was yesterday, but he also had no idea about the deal until I mentioned it, so I’m skeptical at best. Thanks!
It's still active I just traded new super Mario for the DS and Wii for 40

Can anyone confirm controllers being 50% boost again? I only see it on the website under the deals but I don't get any emails about promos like some of the users here

Thanks! 

If I trade in and do credit (and signup for pro rewards) can I use the trade in credit and monthly $5 from rewards on stuff like eshop and psn credit or ps plus? Also can I use it online or do I need to go to store to use this stuff.

You can use the 5$ cert on eShop credit but I don't know about psplus.

Also I believe you have to redeem it in store for eShop credit.

anyone able to confirm 50 % on controllers again? that would be extremly useful as I have some more stuff I would like to get rid of.

Never tried redeeming reward points and using them online. Are they normally glitchy? And can I use the certificates in items that are already on sale?

Never tried redeeming reward points and using them online. Are they normally glitchy? And can I use the certificates in items that are already on sale?
won’t work. Don’t do it. You’ll just have to use them in store

From what I'm seeing online, GS will offer Vanilla Visa cards at higher level than cash but lower than store credit.
On Friday an SL was saying this would only be for tech trades and then said something about possibly when trading towards high dollar ($400+) consoles. That second part wasn’t exactly clear, they were filling in a coworker on new stuff.

The SL also said they would be open 5pm on Thanksgiving and that would be the hardware day whereas as BF would more be the software day. Didn’t ask for details other than supposedly PS5s and such on Thanksgiving which lines up with what I have been seeing on stock alert Twitter and so on.

bah got a preorder email for the usual check / update your payment, address and what not and of course they aren't registering that the order credentials they sent me are correct.  Le sigh.  Hopefully everything goes off without a hitch this time.  AS THE LAST few times for my preorders I had to call cs to get the donk website to accept my payment since it kept on switching over to gift card idiotically. 

Gamestop Order Status: "Awaiting Carrier Pickup".

Is it too much to expect delivery or should one start a chargeback
Check your email for the shipping notification for the item. In the email there will be a fed ex tracking number listed. There should be the originating city for the package listed. If the package hasn't been picked up and its coming from one of the stores, it's usually pretty easy to figure out which one and give them a call. I've done this a handful of times in the past and either it's still at the store and they get it sent out or one other time I was told they had no record of it but the following day it was picked up. Otherwise giving the customer service a call is so much less painful than it used to be.

My last order I made has the same status. It was delivered last week Tuesday. The website is a mess.

How much refurbishment cost will GS charge for a controller with a thumb grip completely worn off? Trying to see if it is worth trading my xbox one controller which works perfectly but for one thumb grip being completely gone.

How much refurbishment cost will GS charge for a controller with a thumb grip completely worn off? Trying to see if it is worth trading my xbox one controller which works perfectly but for one thumb grip being completely gone.
This is a cheap part to replace and easy to do if you have the time. Its just the plastic form that sits on top of the analog stick mech.

This is a cheap part to replace and easy to do if you have the time. Its just the plastic form that sits on top of the analog stick mech.
Ya looks like replacement part costs around 7 bucks on walmart/amazon. Was thinking would just trade it in if the cost for refurbishment is lesser.

Last month (during the last accessory boost promo), I got charged a $7 refurb fee when I traded in some Xbox One and PS4 controllers. Total should have been $40, but instead I got $33.

Not really worth buying thumbsticks or whatever replacement parts online, since it usually take awhile (at best a couple days and at worst a couple weeks to get).

Last month (during the last accessory boost promo), I got charged a $7 refurb fee when I traded in some Xbox One and PS4 controllers. Total should have been $40, but instead I got $33.

Not really worth buying thumbsticks or whatever replacement parts online, since it usually take awhile at best a couple days and at worst a couple weeks to get.
Thanks! Ya thinking of trading it in and buying a Series X controller during black Friday sales.

Thanks! Ya thinking of trading it in and buying a Series X controller during black Friday sales.
I've had bad luck with the thumbstick covers. Granted I bought some cheap ones off eBay a long time ago, but they look kind of tacky no matter which ones you get, they may not stay on very well, and for all you know if you bought them and traded the controller in the GS employee could be an a-hole and still charge a refurb fee lol.

Definitely easier to just take the hit on the refurb fee.

Now to ask a question that has likely been asked over and over, lol. Will they reject controllers that don’t work? I have some PS3 and 360 controllers that quit working.

I’ve had to do a chargeback with GameStop and still am able to shop there this is false
How long ago? It used to be they black listed your billing address for no less than 12 months.
Mine was 3 years ago. I never got the game 2 months after it supposedly shipped. I called CS and they said the tracking number showed it as delivered 2 years earlier and there was nothing they could do.

I called my credit card company shortly thereafter. I haven't been blacklisted from ordering.

Now to ask a question that has likely been asked over and over, lol. Will they reject controllers that don’t work? I have some PS3 and 360 controllers that quit working.
I don't believe they have a way of testing them like they do PS4/XB1/PS5/Series X. As long as the buttons and sticks feel fine, they should take those.

Not really worth buying thumbsticks or whatever replacement parts online, since it usually take awhile (at best a couple days and at worst a couple weeks to get).
That $7 is not bad at all. I figured if the only reason to trade it in was because of the broken plastic, it might make sense to just repair it.

Mine was 3 years ago. I never got the game 2 months after it supposedly shipped. I called CS and they said the tracking number showed it as delivered 2 years earlier and there was nothing they could do.

I called my credit card company shortly thereafter. I haven't been blacklisted from ordering.
Hm, maybe it has changed in recent years then. Good data thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back