2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does Gamestop still take the nunchuk controllers that go with the Wii remotes? Anybody know the base value or can post the link to the trade in page?
They don't take nunchuks or (sadly) sensor bars anymore. The trade page will just show $0.01, which means they don't take them.

Easier said then done but not if you live in a state that tracks by ID like NY. So it wouldn’t work in my case.
The point is to use a second account to buy things so that when you trade them in they can't see in your order history that you just recently bought them from Gamestop. Your order history is tied to your PUR account, not your real life identity.

I was curious and decided to see if could locate the exact period when it happened and lo and behold:

XLMmpno.png
This can't be real, right?

If so, wow. Gamestop doesn't care at all anymore.

Is there a definite answer on how many copies of the same game for the same platform can be traded in during a 30 day period? Or is it just at the discretion of GameStop if they decide to ban you?

This can't be real, right?

If so, wow. Gamestop doesn't care at all anymore.
It's real, sadly enough. Some guy named Dave does the bannings for GS and he always leaves a message like that on your account when you get banned for something that's been asked on here a million times before.

Is there a definite answer on how many copies of the same game for the same platform can be traded in during a 30 day period? Or is it just at the discretion of GameStop if they decide to ban you?
4 is safe, 5 is a 90-day ban.

It's the first question in the first post of this 3-year-old thread.

Also got $40 for a PS4 Controller today. Base TIV was $25.
It has been a while since I have traded regularly with GS. There is (or was?) a 50% bonus on trading controllers? I have a few XBox One and one DS4 I would trade for $39. Looked a few months ago and they weren't giving even $20 IRC.

I did look on their site but I can't find their promos. lol

If you have reward points and kinda want to do a boomerang I used it to buy the grey joycon used for $21 plus tax. Trades back in for $32 with the 50 percent promo. Also Regular Wii motes got me $16 and a PS3 dual shock got me $20
Did you use an online cert, price match in store, or was it this price in store?

The Wii Remotes you have are the official Nintendo first party ones right?
Yeah I took one in and he said they didn’t have it in the system. I told him I’m pretty sure people are still trading them in but he said no. He didn’t even check the system for to long before I just walked out. Didn’t want to bother but, now that I have a link I can just show them that.

Yeah, unfortunately internal communication was pretty garbage about older generation stuff being turned back on.  A lot of it was just turned on, with stores not even told so they were still under the "we don't take it" mindset because that's how it was.

Yeah I took one in and he said they didn’t have it in the system. I told him I’m pretty sure people are still trading them in but he said no. He didn’t even check the system for to long before I just walked out. Didn’t want to bother but, now that I have a link I can just show them that.
Go to their Wii section and pull one off the rack, have them scan that in. Assuming they have some, all mine have at least 3 on the peg.

The point is to use a second account to buy things so that when you trade them in they can't see in your order history that you just recently bought them from Gamestop. Your order history is tied to your PUR account, not your real life identity.
Is California the only state that takes a thumb print?

Has anyone traded in PlayStation Move controllers? The ad in the email says controllers, headsets, and accessories so I wanted to see if they qualified for the 50% bonus.

If anyone is interested in buying instead of trading: a bunch of games that were $4.99 on legacy systems (PS3/360/etc) dropped to a cent each. Lots of sports junk, but also some legit stuff.

It's not that weird glitch either where it sometimes applies your $5 cert (though it may be another glitch they just haven't caught) - the games really are only a cent each.

Damn, Splatterhouse on Xbox 360 (which was $5) is gone. Did they get a restock of many titles?
Yeah, I was able to get (well, depending on if they actually ship) a copy of Folklore, Asura's Wrath, the Spider-Man multiverse games, and a few other games on my wishlist for the PS3 earlier. The only one I missed out on was Lollipop Chainsaw, which went OOS while I was checking out.

Yeah, I was able to get (well, depending on if they actually ship) a copy of Folklore, Asura's Wrath, the Spider-Man multiverse games, and a few other games on my wishlist for the PS3 earlier. The only one I missed out on was Lollipop Chainsaw, which went OOS while I was checking out.
What is this "wishlist" you speak of?

willpower-emotions.gif

Does Gamestop still take Wii consoles (and if so, what's the TIV?) Wondering if I should dump all my Wii remotes since I have 4 of them, but don't want to be sitting on a console with no controllers.

Does Gamestop still take Wii consoles (and if so, what's the TIV?) Wondering if I should dump all my Wii remotes since I have 4 of them, but don't want to be sitting on a console with no controllers.
I looked up a couple of Wii console TIVs on their site and it's only coming up as a penny. There are several listings and I didn't check them all. If you really don't want your Wii system anymore, I'm sure you could sell the system only online or locally or just trade in 3 remotes

I checked the thread and I may have missed this but does this current accessories promo end during the weekend or will it run at least another week?

how much are you looking for on them? i would also consider what the other person said as alternatives, and also throw in eStarland as you can mail your trade-ins in to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back