2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just checked and all of the orders I placed today say "Awaiting product availability"  :drool:

nvm they're shipping now

They have a diagnostic system that they connect via USB cable and verify button functionality. Sometimes they use it, sometimes they don't.
I just trade a XBox and PS4 controller. They tested both. With the USB cable as you mentioned. Online the XBox credit discount seems to be gone on the $10 and $50 digital card. I wanted to put this toward the XBox Wireless headset. They didn't have any in stock at my local Game Stop. I bought for $20 codes for $18 each and just ordered it online directly from MS. Figured if I had to wait until it ships (or go to another GS store) might as well save $4.

Go to their Wii section and pull one off the rack, have them scan that in. Assuming they have some, all mine have at least 3 on the peg.
They dont care if they think they're not supposed to but the system allows it they wont do it. Fear of getting written up or something.

So if they "price match" in-store to online (not really a price match IMO, but whatevs) you can't use any kind of cert or your monthly coupon? So dumb. Not sure if this has always been the case, but it's my first time running into it. Then again, there never used to be such wild discrepancies between online and in-store pricing, so it wasn't really an issue.

So if they "price match" in-store to online (not really a price match IMO, but whatevs) you can't use any kind of cert or your monthly coupon? So dumb. Not sure if this has always been the case, but it's my first time running into it. Then again, there never used to be such wild discrepancies between online and in-store pricing, so it wasn't really an issue.
When GameStop.com price matched Skyward Sword to $50, I was able to use my monthly $5 and pick up in store.

I used a monthly cert in store the other day on a price match.

Is California the only state that takes a thumb print?
there are several spots in NJ where its ID, fingerprint and picture of you and yourstuff, and when bestbuy took trades it was the same thing, its all done according to local pawn laws, one of the few things you cant blame on gs

What is a ds5 trading in for with the promo? Sorry I'm stupid and can't read or do math.

Also is it still on for tomorrow?

So if I traded in a game using that 30% bonus towards a preorder, what happens if I want to cancel said preorder? Do I lose the extra trade in credit or will they not even notice that?

So if I traded in a game using that 30% bonus towards a preorder, what happens if I want to cancel said preorder? Do I lose the extra trade in credit or will they not even notice that?
They won’t care. Especially if you roll the credit to another preorder.

Anyone know what states don't charge tax when using trade credit at GameStop? They charge tax in mine and just curious if it would be worth it to drive the 30 min to the next state over to buy a system if they don't charge tax.

I ended up switching to a Series S, so I don't think I'll roll it over into a game. Would buying some Steam or Xbox credit be an issue at all?
You will be fine. They may have metrics on cancelled preorders but having an all digital system is a mighty fine reason. I’d tell them that just to keep the peace and to prevent them from asking about a replacement preorder.

Anyone know what states don't charge tax when using trade credit at GameStop? They charge tax in mine and just curious if it would be worth it to drive the 30 min to the next state over to buy a system if they don't charge tax.
I'm curious about this as well. I've seen it mentioned every once in a while but I didn't know it varied by state.

I'm sure IL doesn't. As in the past, I wasn't charged tax when using TIC.

So as others have said, yes this is the policy. The best way to get around this is order online for in store pickup which will allow you to use the coupon. However, it can be YMMV as some stores will allow it anyways.

Ncaa 14
Xenoblade chronicles 2
Torna country
Pokémon heart gold and soul silver
Godzilla

Were included !!!

Ncaa 14
Xenoblade chronicles 2
Torna country
Pokémon heart gold and soul silver
Godzilla

Were included !!!
damn, you actually snagged torna? i've been refreshing on and off and it still doesnt like me...congrats

Thanks for your post alerting us to it earlier... Oh. Wait. Not that.
I'm always late to these updates, so catching it before it was posted was wild. So you can eat a dick with your sarcasm

I don't think they were saying all those games were in stock, but just included in the sale. But as or right now, XC2 is still in stock (unsurprising as the price crashed on it) as well as Fairy Tales (which is still a good get).

Anyone actually get the B2G1 free promo to work online? It’s not working for me on 3 14.99 games

And to add on - in New York, you don’t get charged tax when paying with trade credit

Looks like there’s a B2G1 free running on used games right now.
Thanks for the heads up! I was able to get a bunch of obscure/harder-to-find stuff I've been wanting:

PS4 - Adam's Venture Origins
PS4 - The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel IV
PS4 - Steins Gate 0

Switch - Bayonetta 2
Switch - Journey to the Savage Planet
PS4 - Tokyo Ghoul: Call to Exist

Switch - Game Builder Garage
Switch - Steins Gate Elite
Switch - World's End Club Deluxe Edition

PS4 - Lumo
PS4 - Rad Rodgers
PS4 - Teslagrad

They weren't part of the B2G1 but I also grabbed The Sojourn for PS4 which was on sale for $9.99 and Runbow Pocket Edition for 3DS as it's the one 'New' Nintendo 3DS exclusive I didn't have yet.

Here's hoping everything comes with cases...

Also, I noticed the Pokemon Sword/Shield + Expansion Pass versions are actually included in the B2G1 (which is annoying considering I just cashed in a bunch of point certificates on a (gutted) new copy of Shield just last week!).

They've gotten pretty hard to find new so this is a great deal but considering recent horror stories I'm wary of them sending out standard copies...

Thanks for the heads up! I was able to get a bunch of obscure/harder-to-find stuff I've been wanting:

PS4 - Steins Gate 0

Switch - Bayonetta 2

PS4 - Lumo
PS4 - Rad Rodgers
PS4 - Teslagrad

They weren't part of the B2G1 but I also grabbed The Sojourn for PS4 which was on sale for $9.99 and Runbow Pocket Edition for 3DS as it's the one 'New' Nintendo 3DS exclusive I didn't have yet.

Also, I noticed the Pokemon Sword/Shield + Expansion Pass versions are actually included in the B2G1 (which is annoying considering I just cashed in a bunch of point certificates on a (gutted) new copy of Shield just last week!).

They've gotten pretty hard to find new so this is a great deal but considering recent horror stories I'm wary of them sending out standard copies...
I'll roll the dice on a Sword + Expansion and a Shield + Expansion & report back, lol. I threw in a Pokemon Platinum for a guaranteed frustrating experience.

PS4 - Steins Gate 0

Switch - Bayonetta 2

PS4 - Lumo
PS4 - Rad Rodgers
PS4 - Teslagrad

what are the horror stories?

So what is the chances of stacking promos. I have a couple of slightly worn Xbox One controllers I would like to trade in. It is my understanding there is a 50% promo on accessories. There is also a promo for trading towards specific games like Pokémon. So when calculating I need to take the base rate and multiply that by 60% if I am a pro member? Can I get more by putting that trade towards a game also?

Also if I have a Limited Edition controller that is a little worn..... Could I take the guts of a newer controller and put it in this controller to refurbish it? 

So what is the chances of stacking promos. I have a couple of slightly worn Xbox One controllers I would like to trade in. It is my understanding there is a 50% promo on accessories. There is also a promo for trading towards specific games like Pokémon. So when calculating I need to take the base rate and multiply that by 60% if I am a pro member? Can I get more by putting that trade towards a game also?
Yes, multiplying the base by 60% is how you get the final amount as a Pro member.

No, promos never stack. The only bonus that stacks is the 10% Pro bonus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back