2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
So what is the chances of stacking promos. I have a couple of slightly worn Xbox One controllers I would like to trade in. It is my understanding there is a 50% promo on accessories. There is also a promo for trading towards specific games like Pokémon. So when calculating I need to take the base rate and multiply that by 60% if I am a pro member? Can I get more by putting that trade towards a game also?
Promos do not stack and the one that trades towards Pokemon and other games is only for game trade ins. With a pro membership you will get base * 1.6 on accessories traded in regardless, and base * 1.3 on games traded in specifically towards qualifying pre-orders (ie Pokemon).

is there anyone else waiting for their $9.99 USED copy of Animal Crossing New Horizons? i'm still waiting for mine to ship. i checked the order details page and it says delivered. didnt even get shipping email. i did receive other items in that order.

I wonder if and when they will get around to the second copies of neo twewy. the email was sent back on the 29th of last month.

Has anyone who got the email about being sent another copy of NEO: The World Ends with You heard anything since that email?
I ended up talking to a chat rep. First one said "That email was sent by mistake". The second one seemed a little confused, but asked if I wanted a refund or a replacement. I just asked for a replacement, and it came a day or two later.

well, got a couple orders in and now i cant add anything to my cart. at least i got dragon quest builders on the switch, my daughter has been asking for it forever but the regular prices on it was a little much

Looks like more Switch games are b2g1 eligible, notably 1st party
Ah nuts, I would've grabbed a few things if they were part of the sale earlier.

I'll hold out in the hopes that Gamestop has some first-party Switch stuff dirt-cheap on Black Friday again this year.
IIRC, some games were down to $27.99 and worked with the B2G1 deal.

Looks like the 2 extra games I ordered (The Sojourn on PS4 and Runbow Pocket for 3DS) are both part of the sale now too, blah.
The Sojourn is already sold out but I might do another B2G1 with Runbow...I suppose it'd give me better odds of getting a case.

Would price match work with Buy 2 Get 1 free in store because I would want to get Mario Golf, Skyward Sword and something else and I doubt the in-store price is cheaper then online.

Would price match work with Buy 2 Get 1 free in store because I would want to get Mario Golf, Skyward Sword and something else and I doubt the in-store price is cheaper then online.
usually doesnt

price matching counts as a promo and promos dont stack

Anyone confirm if it works in-store and on all pre-owned games?  :razz:

Might see if I can find some random odd games to pickup complete. 

Good timing, my younger brother just got his OLED Switch and I was able to help him get some exclusives he was interested in.
Only thing is I wish AC pre-owned had come back in stock..

Does Gamestop require the joycon grip for trade in? I'm fairly certain that when I bought a pair pre-owned a couple years back, they didn't include the grips.

Isn't the grip the plastic controller shaped thing?
Ah yes, thanks! I was mistaken. Plastic grip joycon holder thingy is most definitely required when trading in a system. Not needed if trading in only joycon.

Joycon straps are the flimsy things that are a centimeter high and slide onto each joycon. Required with console trade, depends on employee if required on joycon-only trade.

Okay thank you so much for clarifying. I did indeed mean the straps. I called a store before posting and asked what was required to trade in a joy con controller, and the guy told me the "grips" are required. I asked if he meant the small pieces that slide on, and he said yes.
So... going to a different store and hoping for the best, because in reviewing my joycons, I have straps in number matching my family's consoles as well as my mario party set... then 2 sets without straps (which I bought gamestop pre-owned). Thanks again everyone.

well, got a couple orders in and now i cant add anything to my cart. at least i got dragon quest builders on the switch, my daughter has been asking for it forever but the regular prices on it was a little much
Same thing happened to me. Checked out on my phone with a different email (guest) and it went through. They might be blocking Ip's after you make an order or two. Who knows.

Picked up Pokemon Ultra Sun/Moon and Omega Rudy/alpha Sapphire, along with a local pick up of Dread.

I feel like it was a bad idea to get the Pokemon games at these prices, even after B2G1F, but it doesn't seem like they'll come down anytime soon...

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Trading in 3 xbox one controllers, 1 360 controller, and 3 pairs of joycons netted me $326.20 credit (bought PUR before for the bonus). The more senior employee didn't want to take the 360 controller, but I guess the guy who was helping me found it while I was pulling it up online and scanned it in at $19.20 in credit. Then he said I didn't have a cord to plug it in for testing, so they could give it to me for defective credit. Ended up costing $5 so they gave me $14.20 for it. Annoying, as lots of people seemed to have success with it, but I'm thankful they at least did that and didn't outright deny the trade.
Question: do they always figure the % bonus on the BASE trade in, not PUR? I had it in my head I'd get (for example) $27.50x1.5=$41.25 for the Xbox controllers. But it ended up ($25x1.5)+($25×.1)=$40.
Obviously not a huge concern..but would have added about $10.

Same thing happened to me. Checked out on my phone with a different email (guest) and it went through. They might be blocking Ip's after you make an order or two. Who knows.
I was able to make my final order on my account using Edge instead of Firefox, so who knows. already got the shipped email for all my games.

Trading in 3 xbox one controllers, 1 360 controller, and 3 pairs of joycons netted me $326.20 credit (bought PUR before for the bonus). The more senior employee didn't want to take the 360 controller, but I guess the guy who was helping me found it while I was pulling it up online and scanned it in at $19.20 in credit. Then he said I didn't have a cord to plug it in for testing, so they could give it to me for defective credit. Ended up costing $5 so they gave me $14.20 for it. Annoying, as lots of people seemed to have success with it, but I'm thankful they at least did that and didn't outright deny the trade.
Question: do they always figure the % bonus on the BASE trade in, not PUR? I had it in my head I'd get (for example) $27.50x1.5=$41.25 for the Xbox controllers. But it ended up ($25x1.5)+($25×.1)=$40.
Obviously not a huge concern..but would have added about $10.
Always on base.

i went in store picked up Skyward Sword, Pokemon Snap, Luigis Mansion 3 and then Super Smash Bros, Mario Kart 8, and Splatoon 2. I didn't know they where running this promo and earlier in the day I traded in a DS4, 3 joycons. So went home found this promo, saw that was in store. Asked employee she said yah. But they where unable to price match the online prices of games, and since I picked up 6 games there was like a $10 or more difference for each game online vs instore. Needless to say I did a store pickup in store and waited, but couldnt be happier as I finally got a oled switch, and a huge backlog of games now lol.

Preowned. Didn’t even know the promo works for new games until someone just mentioned it.

-PURCHASES
Metroid Dread
(SHT>
54. 99T
100 Switch
202/ Saved 5.00 "bitina Pre-Owned!
Returnal ‹Used>
59. 99T
256879 906/00 PS5
-5.00 Promo #27475
Astral Chain «SWI>
0.00T
204993 910/00 Switch
Disc: -54,99 Promo #27642
You Saved 5.00 buying Pre-Owned!
Purchase Subtotal
Taxable Subtotal
8.875% State
O
TOTAL

I am surprised that the OLED systems don't sell out quicker at my local gamestop. They had 4 systems at lunch time on Tuesday and still had the same 4 systems on Wednesday when I stopped by to pick up my online order.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back