2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
FYI, the B2G1 on New did not work in store just now. Tried the following games (which work online): SMT V, Blue Reflection Second Light on Switch, and Guardians of the Galaxy on Xbox. The store lead said it might not be active until later in the day, apparently the B2G1 on used didn't work in-store until the afternoon. Not sure if my $5 pre-order deposit on SMT V may have impacted it. He suggested ordering online and bringing in the extra copy of SMT V along with both receipts, and they'd figure out a return. Hopefully that doesn't mess up the Game Coin.

FYI, the B2G1 on New did not work in store just now. Tried the following games (which work online): SMT V, Blue Reflection Second Light on Switch, and Guardians of the Galaxy on Xbox. The store lead said it might not be active until later in the day, apparently the B2G1 on used didn't work in-store until the afternoon. Not sure if my $5 pre-order deposit on SMT V may have impacted it. He suggested ordering online and bringing in the extra copy of SMT V along with both receipts, and they'd figure out a return. Hopefully that doesn't mess up the Game Coin.
Knowing Gamestop you'll probably end up with 6 Gamecoins that stack.

I'd just order them for in-store pickup and wait until you can, fwiw

How long until forfeits shoe up under...well, orders. I forgot about the BUY2GET1 free and wanted to cancel an order but its not even showing up!

I'd just order them for in-store pickup and wait until you can, fwiw
Was going to do that, but SMT V wasn't available for store pick-up... I guess they didn't get extra copies. I was really looking forward to playing it this weekend, so didn't want to wait for shipping. :)

To the post about target being really low on toys.
Target has that b2g1 iirc and the 25% off so that's probably why.

I haven't done a B2G1 in years because most stores don't have three games I want that I think are worth it.

Browsing GS today I decided to pull the trigger for SMTV, Ys IX and Undernauts for Switch.
Now I hope these all come sealed and not GS "New"

If anyone is able to get the B2G1 free for NEW copies working in-store, please let us know if you're able to get it to work on the titles that are ineligible online.

I pulled the trigger on preowned Mario Kart 8 x2 and Mario Odyssey. The prices seem to be fluctuating some, but right now Kart is $35 and Odyssey is $34. I paid $75 after tax, so $25 for each isn’t bad when they were trading in recently for double that.

Is anyone else trying to order on GameStop’s website right now? I placed two B2G1 3DS orders this morning and tried to enter a third, but I’m having problems. I can’t add anything to my cart on one browser on my computer. On another computer browser and in their app, I’m able to add them and start checking out but then I get an error message saying they can’t process my payment info. When I try to change or update it, the cart freezes up and if I close the app or reload the page, the cart empties.

What’s going on? Is anyone else having trouble with their site right now? It’s especially odd because I placed two almost identical orders literally two minutes before trying to place a third. All used 3DS games, all using gift cards, same account and shipping info, etc.

Came back from picking up my Zelda Game and Watch.

-Elite Series 2 Controller traded in for $120

-Wiimote traded in for $16 (thanks to the post from a few days ago finding the item, I had that on hand and it helped)

-Joy con traded in for $32

-B2G1 did not work for new items in store (manager was aware of this, and also seemed aware of exclusions).  Hopefully it gets fixed in store as it would be nice to not have to pay tax as I have credit to use

Is anyone else trying to order on GameStop’s website right now? ...
Same boat. It's happened to me before and typically it clears up in a day or so. Guessing it's their way of preventing potential fraud.

I want to say I used a different card before and it went through, but I haven't tried this time.

If I cancel an order that’s been sitting on awaiting carrier pickup, does the refund go to my trade card immediately, or do I have to wait weeks to get a gift card in the mail?

Does anyone know what happens if you buy three games with this promotion and then need to return one. Does it proratelike target or what happens
It does not prorate, you have to pay full for the other 2.

If I cancel an order that’s been sitting on awaiting carrier pickup, does the refund go to my trade card immediately, or do I have to wait weeks to get a gift card in the mail?
likely takes weeks.

Came back from picking up my Zelda Game and Watch.

-Elite Series 2 Controller traded in for $120
-Wiimote traded in for $16 (thanks to the post from a few days ago finding the item, I had that on hand and it helped)
-Joy con traded in for $32

-B2G1 did not work for new items in store (manager was aware of this, and also seemed aware of exclusions). Hopefully it gets fixed in store as it would be nice to not have to pay tax as I have credit to use
What is required for trading in an Elite series 2? I have one that I got used, so I don’t know exactly what it originally came with. I have the rear paddles and the sticks of course, anything else?

What is required for trading in an Elite series 2? I have one that I got used, so I don’t know exactly what it originally came with. I have the rear paddles and the sticks of course, anything else?
In a rare instance, I don't even think it got tested or checked for me. I believe you need all accessories (paddles, sticks, tool, charging cable, case, and charging base). That's what I had included in mine, so it was complete. Probably YMMV as I'm guessing a lot of associates may not know about the charging base. With the case having the slots for everything else it might be pretty obvious if anything there is missing

Traded in two each Xbox 360 wireless and PS3 Dualshock controllers yesterday and got $80 in credit. Had to help the employee out (new hire) because he initially used a generic SKU for the PS3 controllers. Asked him about and he was able to pull the correct number(s) for them.

Used the credit to order pre-owned Switch games and paid the difference (BOPIS):

Super Mario Odyssey

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (generic cover :bomb: )

Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition

Didn't think the order would be ready for pickup until this morning. Whomever was closing last night got it together and had it ready for pickup.

Does anyone know if preordering Pokemon Shining Pearl gets you the $10 game coin? I remember someone posting a picture of all the preorders that get it a while back, but can’t find it.

Is anyone else trying to order on GameStop’s website right now? I placed two B2G1 3DS orders this morning and tried to enter a third, but I’m having problems. I can’t add anything to my cart on one browser on my computer. On another computer browser and in their app, I’m able to add them and start checking out but then I get an error message saying they can’t process my payment info. When I try to change or update it, the cart freezes up and if I close the app or reload the page, the cart empties.

What’s going on? Is anyone else having trouble with their site right now? It’s especially odd because I placed two almost identical orders literally two minutes before trying to place a third. All used 3DS games, all using gift cards, same account and shipping info, etc.
I had the same problem after 2 orders, was using firefox and was able to place another order on edge, so maybe try another browser?

Can't see my order details and tracking on my computer, so I checked my phone and still couldn't see my order details but I could see the tracking and it is being shipped by CDL Last Mile. 

Anyone know if the 50% bonus trade in promo is still going? Couldn’t find the weekly ad on the main website and haven’t seen it mentioned in here for awhile.

Anyone know if the 50% bonus trade in promo is still going? Couldn’t find the weekly ad on the main website and haven’t seen it mentioned in here for awhile.
50% bonus on controllers was still working yesterday, should work until tomorrow when they close. 50% bonus on games from last 2 weeks has been said to be finished.

Got another rare/expensive Nintendo DS game for at Gamestop today!

sJdRvva.jpg

This was surprisingly at the same store where I found Fire Emblem Fates: Special Edition a few weeks back - I think I need to visit this store more often! :bouncy:

I couldn't find a 3rd $9.99 game I wanted but the manager let me price-match the online price for A Way Out on PS4 ($27.99) so apparently price-matching GS.com can be stacked with the B2G1.

I haven't played awakened shadow but from what I recall its an action title with character creation. whereas plus was an rts and regular blue dragon on the 360 was turn based like ffx.   I've only ever heard of that title awakened shadow but never saw it in the wild. Congrats on another rare find. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back