2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
I couldn't find a 3rd $9.99 game I wanted but the manager let me price-match the online price for A Way Out on PS4 ($27.99) so apparently price-matching GS.com can be stacked with the B2G1.
I see why it stacked for you--he didn't add the "Price Match - GS.com" line item to explain the $17 adjustment on A Way Out, so the price-match "promo" wasn't there to interfere with the B2G1.

I plan on purging some games tomorrow and trying to get the B2G1 in store for new.  If I don't, I'll just take my store credit and use the site.

B2G1 should still be going on tomorrow, right?   Do we know when it ends?

Pfft.... all your CAGs trying to B2G1 new in-store... the real action was going to all the random GS nearby to ask for all the penny games. Half the stores just gave them to me for free, the others rang me up and B2G1 worked (Saved me a few pennies!  :hot:). Most of them were actually in the back of the store in the trash bin I think  :drool:

aR4w3Sn.png

Can also confirm price match will work with B2G1 as long as you have a competent associate that can punch buttons  :D/

I plan on purging some games tomorrow and trying to get the B2G1 in store for new. If I don't, I'll just take my store credit and use the site.
B2G1 should still be going on tomorrow, right? Do we know when it ends?
The employee I talked to said it should be until next week but he wasn’t even sure. He didn’t even know the promo was going he just rang up my stuff he was stocked about it.

Pfft.... all your CAGs trying to B2G1 new in-store... the real action was going to all the random GS nearby to ask for all the penny games. Half the stores just gave them to me for free, the others rang me up and B2G1 worked (Saved me a few pennies! :hot:). Most of them were actually in the back of the store in the trash bin I think :drool:

aR4w3Sn.png

Can also confirm price match will work with B2G1 as long as you have a competent associate that can punch buttons :D/
Were these listed online or did you just ask them for old Wii, PS3, xbox360 stock?

Pfft.... all your CAGs trying to B2G1 new in-store... the real action was going to all the random GS nearby to ask for all the penny games. Half the stores just gave them to me for free, the others rang me up and B2G1 worked (Saved me a few pennies! :hot:). Most of them were actually in the back of the store in the trash bin I think :drool:

aR4w3Sn.png

Can also confirm price match will work with B2G1 as long as you have a competent associate that can punch buttons :D/
Did you find any interesting penny games? I should’ve asked at the store I went to they were throwing out a bunch of stuff

Were these listed online or did you just ask them for old Wii, PS3, xbox360 stock?
I don't bother to check for pickup since I think most stock is still -1 inventory, so just figured I'd drop by and ask. Most stores near me know me by now so had no problems digging in the back.

Random comment from the stores I went to - was weird seeing pokemon packs in stock, the new set must not be that in demand.. or people realizing it a big waste of money! :fridge:

I'm surprised that first party Switch stuff is included in the used b2g1.
Ya it was great. Got 15 first party switch games including Metroid for an average price of $32. Had traded a lot of the same games in for $40+ over the last few weeks

I ended up getting GoTG PS5, Jurassic World Evolution 2 PS5 a d Blue Reflection 2 PS4.
Prob gonna exchange JW2 tho since I heard they cut stuff out due to the movie being pushed back

Placed two orders between today and yesterday.

Used

Hades Switch

Maneater Switch

Untitled Goose Game

New

Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin

KitAria Fables

The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles

Finished off the trade credit from trading my old Switch for the OLED. Merry Christmas to me.

Does anyone know if preordering Pokemon Shining Pearl gets you the $10 game coin? I remember someone posting a picture of all the preorders that get it a while back, but can’t find it.

Does anyone know if preordering Pokemon Shining Pearl gets you the $10 game coin? I remember someone posting a picture of all the preorders that get it a while back, but can’t find it.
That flyer was unofficial. If you don’t see signage at the store or on the game’s webpage, I would assume it doesn’t qualify.

aR4w3Sn.png

I got a bunch of the penny games online. 20+ packages on the way. Nothing amazing, but for a penny, why not?

Does anyone know if the Gamestop limits orders online to just one buy two get one free order?  Don't really care to go in store and whenever attempting a second order it doesn't deduct the price, all three games are new.

Does anyone know if the Gamestop limits orders online to just one buy two get one free order? Don't really care to go in store and whenever attempting a second order it doesn't deduct the price, all three games are new.
No limit. But not every new game is eligible. Check to see if the promo appears on the item page.

Ordered 9 new switch games with this deal. Most are for Christmas gifts so I hope they are actually new and not their version of "new".
Just expect some to be opened. I previously ordered new games from them and they were opened, but included the artwork and cards inside. Hopefully none of your games come with the dot sticker (Gamestops "New Game" seal).

No limit. But not every new game is eligible. Check to see if the promo appears on the item page.
Actually, scratch what I stated. You can mix and match between consoles, so Super Mario Odyssey showed B2G1 free, but it's only B2G1 free used and not new. When I switched it over to new B2G1 free disappeared.

Thanks for mentioning this.

Can confirm $120 for elite series 2 you need everything that it came with including case. There wasn't anything wrong with mine but they didn't check it.

Can confirm $120 for elite series 2 you need everything that it came with including case. There wasn't anything wrong with mine but they didn't check it.
Mine wasn't checked either. I wonder if they have to send those in to get refurbished due to possible stick drift or button issues that are somewhat prevalent

Since I don't shop Gamestop online often, I'm aware of the open case bs can happen, I'll often go into the store and replace the games if they do that.  Question about 3DS games, if I order 3DS games are they going to come in cases or does Gamestop toss the 3DS cases?

[attachment=36326:87D36AC1-3C4A-43C4-853D-5D6D341130D2.jpeg][attachment=36325:F33F1D2E-4285-43E9-B224-7E1D3C4424DA.jpeg]Attempted to attach the local preorder flyer from my store. Let me know if it doesn’t appear. Keeps displaying sideways. Oh well. 

Since I don't shop Gamestop online often, I'm aware of the open case bs can happen, I'll often go into the store and replace the games if they do that. Question about 3DS games, if I order 3DS games are they going to come in cases or does Gamestop toss the 3DS cases?
you will get a case 1/10 times at best
from experience

ordered 8 switch games and 1 ps5 game, got them all today, only 1 was in a generic case, kirby star allies, although 2 of them do look like the artwork is water damaged, or just crumpled up and flattened back out.

Since I don't shop Gamestop online often, I'm aware of the open case bs can happen, I'll often go into the store and replace the games if they do that. Question about 3DS games, if I order 3DS games are they going to come in cases or does Gamestop toss the 3DS cases?
You'd be really lucky to get cases and some luck required to get their generic, GameStop no artwork cases. Last time I ordered 3DS games I think I got 3 legit cases and 2 generic on a total of 18 or so games.

I'm back.  Traded in some of my older Walmart clearance games and stuff I had played, nothing amazing in value.  Got Tales of Arise, Lost Judgement, and SMT V Steelbook, all new, in shrink wrap, for $32.  I decided to get a new subscription, too, since they said there was an added bonus for renewals ($10), so it would pay for itself essentially.

So I walked about with three brand new games and a year sub for $38~.

Get in now, gents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back