2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
GOTG ps5
FF7 ps5
sMTV

Good picks for b2g1 or you think we’ll get a better deal piecemeal in a few weeks?
I’m getting smtv today regardless.

Ugh, it looks like I might not be able to get to the store for the presumably last day of the 50% bonus on controller trade ins. How often does this event happen? Has it ever happened before?

Does GamesStop not take Wii controllers (Wiimotes) anymore?

During the last accessory bonus, people in this thread did trade them in, but the associate just said no and wouldn't check the computer. The same associate also turned away a Switch v2 trade-in, saying it was too new to be traded in and didn't know what an Oculus Quest 2 was, despite the giant RE4 on Quest 2 advertisement in his line of sight, so I'm a little doubtful of his expertise. I might have driven to another location, but it's snowing here. 

Edit: I can pull up a GameStop trade-in page for the "Nintendo Wii Remote Controller" via Google, but not using GameStop's own search. It does list the trade value as $11 (before incentives) and says its good for today, but doesn't have a picture, so I'm uncertain of whether it is actually valid.

Does GamesStop not take Wii controllers (Wiimotes) anymore?

I thought I read somewhere (maybe this thread during the last accessory bonus) that they did, but the associate just said no and wouldn't check the computer. The same associate also turned away a Switch v2 trade-in, saying it was too new to be traded in and didn't know what an Oculus Quest 2 was, despite the giant RE4 on Quest 2 advertisement in his line of sight, so I'm a little doubtful of his expertise. I might have driven to another location, but it's snowing here.
They do, but a lot of employees don't look on older stuff.

https://www.gamestop.com/trade/details/?pid=10101897

Thanks. Guess I'll try a different store if the 50% bonus comes back.
At my gamestop, they initially refused the wiimotes and PS3 controllers. I showed the values on their website on my phone, and when they looked up the controllers, they actually offered more! If I hadn't had the links, I would have been out of luck. Definitely try again if you can. (They did refuse the third party Wii and Switch controllers, however.)

I guess stores are real sensitive about those returns. Went to return and rebuy two gifts I got in mid-October so they'd be covered by the holiday return window and the guy (presumably the manager) said he'd make sure they were covered and just wrote his name and the store number on the packing slips. Games weren't eligible for the B2G1 so wasn't too fussed, just hope he comes through if necessary.

Oh well Pokemon mystery dungeon gates to infinity came cart only. Win some lose some. I wasn't exactly expecting it to come with the Original box but it is sad it didn't even come in the generic cases. Pokemon super mystery dungeon and Kirby ds both came today so I will see those when I get home.

I guess stores are real sensitive about those returns. Went to return and rebuy two gifts I got in mid-October so they'd be covered by the holiday return window and the guy (presumably the manager) said he'd make sure they were covered and just wrote his name and the store number on the packing slips. Games weren't eligible for the B2G1 so wasn't too fussed, just hope he comes through if necessary.
What holiday return window? I don't think they're doing that yet. It's just the standard 30 days for unopened products.

Was just gonna ask if anyone found any good pennied games.

I saw only mass effect for 360 and littlebigplanet for the ps3

Ended up grabbing Blue Reflection, Astria Ascending, and The Legend of Heroes IV (all for switch) with the b2g1 new games deal. Here's hoping they're actually new.

Is the controller 50% bump good through tomorrow? May take a few I've got laying around and go ahead and use it for the Switch Lite I'm gonna get my kid for Christmas and have that out of the way 

Then he said I didn't have a cord to plug it in for testing, so they could give it to me for defective credit. Ended up costing $5 so they gave me $14.20 for it. Annoying, as lots of people seemed to have success with it, but I'm thankful they at least did that and didn't outright deny the trade.
So they didn't have the proper cable to test it and charged you a refurb fee? That is some BS right there. Been a long time since I had a 360 controller do they take some weird cable? I don't think cables were ever required for controller trades.

i don't know if it was ever mentioned, but if you search for redragon on gamestop you will find a bunch of pc accessories that work with the buy 2 get 1 free. I can't speak for the quality of any of it, but I really like the speakers that connect together to make a sound bar for my pc.

Took my Xbox One controller in tonight and got $40 credit, banking on them going back down to that price for BF like last year, either with GameStop or MS directly and using Bing points. Heard the peripheral bump ended tonight so didn't want to risk waiting until tomorrow.

I agree with not tipping at a fast food restaurant, but the question asked was in regards to tipping a driver that is delivering an item to you. Do you not tip a pizza delivery driver?
I am too cheap to tip on Pizza delivery so I don't do delivery on PIzza. All the Grubhub and Doordash (and Slice for Pizza) has been for pickup. GrubHub and Doordash pickup we tip but not really sure why. As someone else said they bag it up. I don't tip at the grocery store for them to bag up my groceries. I also don't tip UPS, USPS, Amazon or Fedex for delivering boxes. I wish businesses would just pay a proper wage and we could get away from tipping in many situations.

I also tip the guys drying my car at the car wash.

Quick question - with B2G1 free, if returning one item all items have to be returned, correct? It's not similar to Target where each item is 1/3 reduced and thus you can return an individual item without overall penalty?

Controller 50% bump is good till next week. Go and get those trades in
Is it? Sorry for the skepticism, it's just I didn't see a date on any of these promos in the email that initially mentioned it. And the only way to really know is to ask an employee to look at their promo binder (but the problem with that is GS employees tend to make shit up on the spot).

Is it? Sorry for the skepticism, it's just I didn't see a date on any of these promos in the email that initially mentioned it. And the only way to really know is to ask an employee to look at their promo binder (but the problem with that is GS employees tend to make shit up on the spot).
I have my sources. it is okay you can wait for someone to post a confirmation tomorrow .

Controller 50% bump is good till next week. Go and get those trades in
Was a pleasant surprise when I took in my Series X controller to them on Wednesday. Needed a new one since it had serious analog drift.

Got a Shock Blue from Target, so basically ended up paying $20 for it.

I got an e-mail at 9am today that said the bump is good until the 20th.

What holiday return window? I don't think they're doing that yet. It's just the standard 30 days for unopened products.
Employees on Reddit have said it's coming and they've been told in advance to be flexible.
Last year, the window started November 1st, so I'm just going off that.

Some decent deals for B2G1 right now, Returnal $39.99, Demon's Soul $34.99, R&C Rift Apart $39.99. Haven't looked at all the deals. I'm trying to resist temptation and wait for Black Friday. I feel with Gamestop I may get a scratched disk, no coverart, etc. If price is even a few dollars more it may be worth getting a sealed copy of the games.

Some decent deals for B2G1 right now, Returnal $39.99, Demon's Soul $34.99, R&C Rift Apart $39.99. Haven't looked at all the deals. I'm trying to resist temptation and wait for Black Friday. I feel with Gamestop I may get a scratched disk, no coverart, etc. If price is even a few dollars more it may be worth getting a sealed copy of the games.
I would have to think that PS5 games will have the original cases and will be scratch free. They are at most a year old. I missed R&C when it was $34.99 at Gamefly(it's currently OOS) so I will go ahead and get it at GS. I doubt it will be $40 brand new anywhere for Black Friday. Maybe $50. I don't want to wait and see. If some better deal does come around, I can just return it to GS.

*EDIT* Okay so I bought R&C Rift Apart, Ghost of Director's cut and Returnal. Chose in store pick up. I tried using a $15 rewards but said it can't be used. I used my GS trade credit and I am new to all of that so not sure if my store or state, California, charges tax on trade credit but I will ask when I go in tomorrow. I didn't want to risk them not having the games going there in person. Only 1 store within a decent driving distance had all three games. I wanted Miles Morales ultimate edition but they didn't have that used and it's understandable given that the code will most likely be used. I know nothing about Returnal other than it's gotten a lot of good reviews. I think it's a Roguelike that had a problem at launch with people losing their progress if the PS5 got an update but it's been fixed. All 3 games I bought are exclusive to PS5 so I don't need to worry about them coming to Game Pass anytime soon if ever. Each game will end up costing me $31.53 so great deal!

Few others: Sackboy for $27, Deathloop for $23, Judgment for $19, Nocturne for $23/$19 - Switch/PS4.

when does gamestop typically update TIVs these days? is it still Tuesday? i'm trying to decide if i need to go trade deathloop today with the 50% deal for $27 since it looks like GS is going to match Walmart's $25 BF price. thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back