2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
just reporting that I was able to trade in the controller and buy it back for 10$ making 30$ profit and keeping my controller lol
Don’t they need to send used accessories that are traded in to the warehouse for testing or whatever before they can sell them?

Don’t they need to send used accessories that are traded in to the warehouse for testing or whatever before they can sell them?
Back in my day, no. Bad stores? Just bag em and sticker them, on the shelf they go. Good stores would at least clean them, and if possible, test them on an in store system.

Right now, I doubt employees have time to do the latter, so I would bet they just let customers be the QA/QC for their trade in processes.

Are they still running the B2G1 free for new games, or is it only for preowned now?
Pre-owned only, but not only that, they also jacked up all the prices 100% on the pre-owned.

Aegis Rim jumped up from ~$20 to $40

Persona 5 Strikers jumped from $20 to $48

Demons Souls - PS5 jumped from ~$30 to $62

There is no deal to be had here. Better prices on eBay

PowerUp members Save $5 Instantly and Receive $20 Worth of Coupons when you spend $100 in qualifying purchases between 11/16/20 – 11/19/20. $100 spend is NET any discount applied to transactions. Not valid on POSA, Gift Cards, New Hardware Purchases (pre-owned HW is eligible) and Pre-orders. Coupon is delivered via active offers 7 – 14 days post transaction. Coupon valid from 12/1/21 – 1/31/22. Limit one coupon per transaction. Terms subject to change.

PowerUp members Save $5 Instantly and Receive $20 Worth of Coupons when you spend $100 in qualifying purchases between 11/16/20 – 11/19/20. $100 spend is NET any discount applied to transactions. Not valid on POSA, Gift Cards, New Hardware Purchases (pre-owned HW is eligible) and Pre-orders. Coupon is delivered via active offers 7 – 14 days post transaction. Coupon valid from 12/1/21 – 1/31/22. Limit one coupon per transaction. Terms subject to change.
I’m just going to assume Pokémon counts with this

Yep. It’ll prob be some bullshit like “save $5 on any $50 worth of (house brand) accessories!”
Would a coupon like that end up on "Active Offers"? Since it's Gamestop, there's probably a 10% chance the coupon works as intended. It's more likely the coupon can be used on everything or nothing.

Dang, I just bought a switch a few days ago. Getting tht coupon would have been nice.

thought i would share how my online used b2g1 gamestop haul went...all trade credit of course:

for me: 

persona 5 royal - cover, steelbook 

13 sentinels - cover, book and case

yakuza remastered - case

...very impressed with this!

for trade:

3 deathloop - one case, 2 display case

3 smash ultimate - 2 cases, 1 gs case

3 nmsbu deluxe - 3 gs cases

3 zelda botw - 3 cases

3 mario odyssey - 3 cases

3 mario kart - 2 cases, 1 gs case

all switch games were $40.99 or less before B2G1 discount

Ok, Gamestop bring on the stealth bump before any B1G1 shenanigans!

It concerns me that Deathloop is coming in the Display case, have had a a pretty good success rate getting ps5 preowned games in their original cases

FedEx just delivered a 34.99 game to me. The packing slip says tax 194.05 and total of 230.04, think they’ll honor the return price? Lol
I'd try an online return and see if the gift card they send you has the funny value :oldman:

Speaking of questionable tactics, got a bunch of "There was a problem with your payment" emails from the B3G2 preorders promo from a few months ago (due to this week's Pokemons release) :cold:

I'd try an online return and see if the gift card they send you has the funny value :oldman:

Speaking of questionable tactics, got a bunch of "There was a problem with your payment" emails from the B3G2 preorders promo from a few months ago (due to this week's Pokemons release) :cold:
I had an online order from a banned account for SMT V premium and got the problem with your payment email. Soon as I updated it, it auto cancelled. Petty stuff on their part these days.

Is there a reason online prices for games are different instore versus online? Ie: returnal and ratchet are both 40 used in store but online 65?

Here's to hoping some of these Gamecube games come complete  :beer: (got in a few Pokemons, Marios, Wario, etc at the various price tiers for B2G1) 

Guessing these are stockpiled from the recent tradeins sent back to the warehouse. Worst case, disc only - but at B2G1 makes it easier to accept.  O:)

Is there a reason online prices for games are different instore versus online? Ie: returnal and ratchet are both 40 used in store but online 65?
Are you saying they rang up at $40 each today or were stickered that way? They were that cheap online Sunday and Monday but went back up to $65 by today.

[attachment=36338:B33DB2BA-0958-4939-B0A8-2FDB39FA01AC.jpeg]
Welp, received 2 of my ‘new’ games today from the b2g1 deal. These were obviously used copies as they have some wear on the case. Just reseal it with a sticker or plastic bag and u can resell it for the new price! 🙄My expectations are gonna be low for my other 4 ‘new’ switch games coming later this week from gs…

I preferred them being closed, gave me time to go to other stores first. Sucks for their employees, hope they make a stink.
I went a few years ago in between the meal and the desert. There used to be one across the street from my parents. Was nice to get out and go for a little walk. I think only one year was I interested in a "door buster". The rest I went in closer to closing time and if they had something that I wanted still great. If not no big deal. They closed and are gone. And I am not going to the parents this year.

Had that happen with every game since June. Kept on switching to gift card instead of my card via PayPal.

Deathloop TIV dropped already.
I wager it'll go back up if you're willing to wait though.
Re: Thanksgiving. I understand keeping certain stores open because yes, people may need certain things or want to go somewhere to eat but nobody NEEDS anything from GameStop badly enough that they can't be closed for a day.
Didn't you hear? They are essential.

Here's to hoping some of these Gamecube games come complete :beer: (got in a few Pokemons, Marios, Wario, etc at the various price tiers for B2G1)

Guessing these are stockpiled from the recent tradeins sent back to the warehouse. Worst case, disc only - but at B2G1 makes it easier to accept. O:)
I have had the worst luck with the discs not working.

Here's to hoping some of these Gamecube games come complete :beer: (got in a few Pokemons, Marios, Wario, etc at the various price tiers for B2G1)

Guessing these are stockpiled from the recent tradeins sent back to the warehouse. Worst case, disc only - but at B2G1 makes it easier to accept. O:)
Thank you for the heads up, will most likely have to return a bunch but crossing fingers for a few playable copies.

I am saying that in stores shows on the sticker 40 bucks but if you look online they are 65. Also tales is 45 online but 55 in store. Doesn't make any sense

I had the problem with your payment issue a while back and could never resolve it. I think it has to do with the whole converts your payment to a gift card thing, but when the item is oos it seems to just error out until it gets cancelled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back