2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Something really weird I noticed, is my total at checkout is $81.87 and when I add a gift card that has $15.01 it says the remaining balance is $0 (which makes sense) but then when I add the second gift card it also says the remaining balance is $0 (which doesn't make sense, as it has $131.79 on it). Afraid to place the order, in case it wipes out all the funds on the second gift card.

Would be nice if they would price match best buy, and soon. Also hope Disco Elysium is added as B2G1 eligible soon as well.

Something really weird I noticed, is my total at checkout is $81.87 and when I add a gift card that has $15.01 it says the remaining balance is $0 (which makes sense) but then when I add the second gift card it also says the remaining balance is $0 (which doesn't make sense, as it has $131.79 on it). Afraid to place the order, in case it wipes out all the funds on the second gift card.
Had the same issue and I placed the order. When I checked the card balance afterwards it is fine. So you can go ahead.

I don't see a Best Buy thread but does anyone know if you bought something from them in the past couple weeks if they'll match the Black Friday price and refund me the amount?

I don't see a Best Buy thread but does anyone know if you bought something from them in the past couple weeks if they'll match the Black Friday price and refund me the amount?
Usually best buy doesn't prime match for black Friday, but always worth a shot. If they don't you could always buy at the black Friday price and return with the old receipt as they have extended holiday returns.

you might as well try

theyre not supposed to price match preorders or out of stock items but ive successfully strong armed them before

People have talked about double dipping with the monthly $5 in-store and online. This is my first month since the new program, I haven't used in-store yet, I just want to know how to use it online because the promo code box isn't accepting it.
It doesn't work with the b2g1 if you're trying to do that. It worked for me yesterday when I ordered a controller.

HEY NOW

“Earn Double the Standard Pro Rate Pros earn 40 points for every dollar spent on almost every purchase* online and in store. That's twice the standard earn rate for Pros. Valid 11.19 – 12.4”

Dammit can’t find anything to go with Lost Judgment for the B2G1 free sale because other titles I want such as Life is Strange True Colors and Hot Wheels aren’t around the same price as it yet.

Thank you. Your excellent taste in games has saved me money and time searching.

Now to hope that the sealed/gutted lottery roles in my favor.
Worth noting that while they don't have a buy 2 get 1 sale at best buy those titles are the same price there and should be actually new instead of gambling. Useful for those that just one 1 of the games at least and or have best buy credit/coupons to use.

GameStop's been wild for games for me. Probably the last 2 months 100 switch games and this week B2g1 30+ PS5 games.

My advice is check those flea markets. Got a Xbox one X for $5 (no cords or controller but for $5 take the chance) worked and got IIRC $320ish in trade. (had 1 spare controller and cord)

Now the question is if Pokemon is B2G1

GameStop's been wild for games for me. Probably the last 2 months 100 switch games and this week B2g1 30+ PS5 games.

My advice is check those flea markets. Got a Xbox one X for $5 (no cords or controller but for $5 take the chance) worked and got IIRC $320ish in trade. (had 1 spare controller and cord)

Now the question is if Pokemon is B2G1
lol who the hell sells a xbox one x for $5

That's like finding stuff at Goodwill or thrift stores. They literally just give it away. Of course the stores usually sell it for more than it's worth but still the owner just gave it away.

That's like finding stuff at Goodwill or thrift stores. They literally just give it away. Of course the stores usually sell it for more than it's worth but still the owner just gave it away.
Yep found two switch controllers at GW yesterday for $10. The pink traded at $33 or $30 and the broken green $26. Who would even give those to GW is beyond me. Took a pic as proof

Wasn't interested in much until I saw Sakura Wars, Judgment, and Monkey Ball new for $20 plus B2G1. Not a bad set of mid-tier games and I've been wanting to check out the Judgment series

Is the B2G1 working in store on new as well as used?  When I was in last week it was used only.  Picking up Disco Elysium pre-order whcih is part of the B2G1 promo online

Is the B2G1 working in store on new as well as used? When I was in last week it was used only. Picking up Disco Elysium pre-order whcih is part of the B2G1 promo online
I'd like to know this as well so I can pick up Kena: Bridge of Spirits, Disco Elysium, and some $35-$40 thing and use a $10 coupon on Kena.

Wasn't interested in much until I saw Sakura Wars, Judgment, and Monkey Ball new for $20 plus B2G1. Not a bad set of mid-tier games and I've been wanting to check out the Judgment series
I still haven't finished Lost Judgement but Judgment 1 was one of the best games I've played in a long time. If you're familiar with any of their other games you won't be disappointed.

Damn, that's a good order... hate that I got Sakura Wars at full price because I didn't think the launch edition wouldn't stick around this long.

for anyone that picked up deathloop previously with b2g1, are you trading it in now with the 50% or rolling dice for an end of month bump after bf sale over? i bought 3, playing 1 and can either trade 2 now or wait and either trade for more or use holiday policy and return all 3 if it tanks further or no 50% promo. thoughts?

for anyone that picked up deathloop previously with b2g1, are you trading it in now with the 50% or rolling dice for an end of month bump after bf sale over? i bought 3, playing 1 and can either trade 2 now or wait and either trade for more or use holiday policy and return all 3 if it tanks further or no 50% promo. thoughts?
Just keep them. TIVs always bounce back after Black Friday sales.

Am I missing something or can you only use the $5 monthly credit in store? I joined awhile back but every time I buy something I can’t figure out how to use it. The one $5 discount I see in my account says in store only. When I joined I could have sworn the next month I got a email with a online monthly code for $5. However I only got it that once and didn’t even use it that time.

I am trying to find any value in the membership but I can’t find anything. I don’t have a store near me. I have some points saved up but from what I can tell when I redeem them it doesn’t give me the certificate till the next month unlike Best Buy? That’s why I haven’t used them. 

So I just went to the Rewards center on the Gamestop website to redeem some points and saw that they are now offering $1 (1,000 points) and $3 (3,000 points) rewards certificates.

Receipt didn’t print a G2L code for Pokémon even though the print out in store showed a heart. Hope it’s just an early system glitch, but I’m not opening it unless a code starts showing up. My store has a pretty cool manager that would make it work, but I’m still hesitant.

Interested in Kena, Far Cry 6 and Riders Republic. Debating if it’s better to get now on the B2G1 or wait for better BF price drops. I guess I could always get them and leave them sealed just in case

Funny that if you purchase Pokémon Shining Pearl and price match Walmart, the game trades in for $52.50 after the 50% bump (or $56 if Pro stacks). It might be better to trade at that point than G2L (if you bought with TC for no sales tax).

Receipt didn’t print a G2L code for Pokémon even though the print out in store showed a heart. Hope it’s just an early system glitch, but I’m not opening it unless a code starts showing up. My store has a pretty cool manager that would make it work, but I’m still hesitant.
Why didn't you just ask them right then and there if it is G2L? Or you did and had a clueless seasonal temp or something...

I have Battlefield that I pre-ordered towards only because it had that same heart and a trade bonus so we'll see what turns up with that too.

Just picked up Brilliant Diamond and it printed both on mine - EBC 3067784 for Diamond and EBC 3067809 for Pearl

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back