2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pardon if it's been answered already but do we know if the 50% trade in bonus for accessories and used games is still live?

I'm not sure if someone mentioned the other day that it was no longer adding the bonus or still active. 

Just got back from my store, the B2G1 new was still active.

The website prices for things like GOTG and Mass Effect were not active in store, but the manager didn't bat an eye and said the price match + B2G1 would work. So I just picked up GOTG, ME, and Deathloop for $60

Pardon if it's been answered already but do we know if the 50% trade in bonus for accessories and used games is still live?

I'm not sure if someone mentioned the other day that it was no longer adding the bonus or still active.
50% bonus on games is still active, I just traded in. I haven't done accessories, but I think it was scheduled to run through tomorrow as well.

Just got back from my store, the B2G1 new was still active.

The website prices for things like GOTG and Mass Effect were not active in store, but the manager didn't bat an eye and said the price match + B2G1 would work. So I just picked up GOTG, ME, and Deathloop for $60
Yeah new games and like 30 minutes
Thanks for the confirmations, guys. Looks like we at least have until close-of-business today to take advantage of New B2G1 in-store.

Not sure if this part was a glitch or not, but the games that counted as "free" in my order as part of the B2G1, rang up for full refund price.

He was able to apply the new online prices and the current B2G1 so I was able to rebuy all my games at the way lower prices.

So when it was all over, I walked out with all my games and almost got all my money back because of the free games being refunded.
Not a glitch, just an oversight on his part. They have to manually zero out the free game — or if the price is higher/lower, adjust it to the price you purchased it.

So I was able to price match Amazon and Best Buy prices in store and it automatically applied the buy 2 get 1 free. I only went in to price match 5 games and just threw in 13 Sentinels once I noticed one of the games was free. Got the games listed below for $114 after tax. All for the PS4.

Resident Evil Village
NBA 2K22
Guardians of the Galaxy
Fast and the Furious Spy Racers
Hot Wheels Unleashed
13 Sentinels Aegis Rim

Weird that Riders Republic is showing $50 for Xbox and $30 for PS5. Wanted it for Xbox but I’m not going to pay more lol. Guess I’ll grab it on PS5

Weird that Riders Republic is showing $50 for Xbox and $30 for PS5. Wanted it for Xbox but I’m not going to pay more lol. Guess I’ll grab it on PS5
If you don't mind waiting, the Xbox version might drop soon. Otherwise you could match Best Buy's price if you go in-store.

It will probably go down given that Bestbuy is selling all versions for $30. I feel they haven’t finished updating all sale prices yet.

Disabled in-store pickup for basically everything so you basically have to go in store with a list and ask for all the games you want to see if they have them sealed and then if they do hope they'll price match and that it'll work with B2G1. Sounds like a total hassle lmao

Yeah B2G1 on new was still as of 215 PM CST in store, and BF 2042 was also printing the G2L it code as well. Anybody wants to convert points to TIC, today is the day to do it with 3 G2L it titles. 

Just tried Captain Toad, Nier Replicant, & Lost Judgement but that combo didn’t take B2G1 New in store. Guessing Toad borked it.

Picked up chivalry 2, re8, sniper ghost 2, Tony hawk, lost judgment, and guardians of the galaxy all for ps5 for $100 after price match + b2g1 in-store.

Got Resident Evil Village, Ghost of Tsushima, and Trails of Cold steel 3 for $40. They had to price match and they charged me $20 for each game instead of $19 but I wasn't going to fight them since they were the last copies they had used.

Damn missed B2G1 but happy to get a copy of Shin Megami/Metroid Special Editions. Hopefully they arrive in time where the promo still works in store and I can return and rebuy. Doubt it, but hoping. 

Got new copies of Nier Replicant, Lost Judgement, and guardians of the galaxy just now with B2G1 and price match in store

you can't
Alright in that case, I do have $25 worth in rewards cert. One is already redeemed for online use, the 2nd is just sitting in my account as I have the 10,000 points. If anyone is interested, I'll be willing to help assist with a purchase for $12.50 PayPal gifted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back