2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright in that case, I do have $25 worth in rewards cert. One is already redeemed for online use, the 2nd is just sitting in my account as I have the 10,000 points. If anyone is interested, I'll be willing to help assist with a purchase for $12.50 PayPal gifted.
Have you tried using the online cert? They don't typically actually work on very many things so I would test it first.

Are there trade in bonus right now? Was thinking of trading breath of the wild in but it's only showing $20. I'd rather keep it

Also, walmart shows $59.99 for shining pearl. Is it cheaper in-store?

Actually a common use of the certificate is to spend it on gift cards. I use my monthly one on $5 Xbox codes.
I could be wrong on this, but think the monthly reward and the rewards you redeem through your membership are different.

But I honestly haven't tried to redeem the points for a in-store cert.

Are there trade in bonus right now? Was thinking of trading breath of the wild in but it's only showing $20. I'd rather keep it

There’s a 50% bonus trade in going on right now. So you’ll get $30 for Zelda. I think the bonus 50% ends tomorrow though.

Yup, it’s $49.99 in store only. Online will be full price.

Screwed myself out of multiple games earlier today because I was trying too hard to find 3 games within $5 of each other.

Should've just bought three copies of Disco Elysium and sold the other two.

Whelp. Live and learn. Don't overthink.

Yes Pokémon is $49.99 in store. You’ll need to take a picture of the price and game for PM.

I haven't paid close attention to this so sorry if this has been confirmed. It sounds like if I go to a GS tomorrow and try to buy three new games, I have a chance of getting the B2G1 deal? But online it's not going to happen?

Edited: Sorry the post above me just asked a similar question, my fault.

The b2g1 promos for both new and used were pulled online mid-day today.  It will be active through the end of today instore, but this also requires pm on prices that dropped today.  It might be live still in store tomorrow, but I wouldn't count on it.  b2g1 used and possibly b1g1 used will be back next week, but I doubt b2g1 new will return.

I picked up two sets of three instore today.  All were new, and I decided to live with 2 of the 6 in gutted condition for now.  Thankfully I had an employee who was chill with the pm's.

I just added a copy of Pokemon Brillant Diamond to the cart and applied the code. Took the $15 off, came out to about $48 after taxes. Shipping was free.
Okay just keep in mind the online certs typically do not apply to any sale items which limits the coupon's use.

The b2g1 promos for both new and used were pulled online mid-day today. It will be active through the end of today instore, but this also requires pm on prices that dropped today. It might be live still in store tomorrow, but I wouldn't count on it. b2g1 used and possibly b1g1 used will be back next week, but I doubt b2g1 new will return.

I picked up two sets of three instore today. All were new, and I decided to live with 2 of the 6 in gutted condition for now. Thankfully I had an employee who was chill with the pm's.
Thanks. Didn't realize their promo week ends on Fridays.

Not bad for the following games:

Alan Wake Remastered - PlayStation 5 - $19.99
Judgment - PlayStation 5 - $19.99
Resident Evil Village - PlayStation 5 - $19.99
Lost Judgment - PlayStation 5 - $29.99
Devil May Cry 5 Special Edition - PlayStation 5 - $29.99
Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy  - PlayStation 5 - $29.99
Demon's Souls - PlayStation 5 - $39.99
Nioh Collection - PlayStation 5 - $39.99
Tales of Arise - PlayStation 5 - $39.99
Ghost of Tsushima Director's Cut  - PlayStation 5 - $49.99
Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart  - PlayStation 5 - $49.99
Returnal - PlayStation 5 - $49.99

Resident Evil VIII is an especially good deal. Same for Guardians of the Galaxy and Tales of Arise. Really makes me wish this was active last night, so I wouldn't have to go in store.

Welp, was going to buy some B2G1 free used sets to hit that $100 mark for the "coupons" but I guess even that was too good a deal..
Here's hoping B2G1 used returns next week. Good luck those of you who qualified.

got everything i wanted except for spyro

cant believe both points and price matching actually work and dont interfere

Trails of Cold Steel III definitely seems like a reprint.  It has the same scuff marks on the top of the case that Gravity Rush had (from a machine opening it??).  Either way, came with the game, soundtrack, manual, and case in mint condition.  Seems like a steal at $15.99 for a good RPG.  Hopefully anyone else getting it has the same luck.

Well that was a hassle. Wanted Miles Morales Ultimate since it's $44.99. Website is shipping only. I call some locals gamestops to see if they have them in stock and if they will PM and one answers and puts me on hold and never comes back. The other stores just rings and rings and rings. Said screw it, I will just order it online. Well, I used my $15 cert and that takes it down so I will get charged for shipping. So I am looking for a $4.99 game to just add to not pay shipping and man, that was a pain in the butt. So many cheap games are in store only. I finally find one, Dishonored 2 for Xbox One for $4.99 so I add to cart, well it rings up as $4.97 so I am 3 cents short or free shipping.... so then the cheapest game I could find that would ship was Crimson Skys High Road to Revenge for $1.49 so I add to cart and finally it works. I have never played any Dishonored or Crimson skies games but they reviewed well. I would have just driven to my local GS and wouldn't have had to deal with the pain to get free shipping if they had just answered my question or picked up the phone.

I know it's probably super busy but my question wasn't difficult. No biggie though. Now someone else gets to bring them to me in 2-4 days. Thanks for the heads up on MM.

I love my store. I got a total of 6 games. They didn't have 3 of the titles I wanted so he placed it online for me and since the b2g1 expired online he said to just bring my invoice and he would credit me back for one of the games.

I love my store. I got a total of 6 games. They didn't have 3 that the titles I wanted so he placed it online for me and since the b2g1 expired online he said to just bring my invoice and he would credit me back for one of the games.
I hate to say it...but he likely won't
Nor anyone at the store.

Rep New? Was it ever on sale for $30?
I don't recall for gamestop. But I think it is on sale at best buy.

i got mine from gamefly for 20 bout a month or 2 ago

not new but spotless still
I was very tempted to pick up a copy during that sale myself but passed since I still need to play automata.

And yeah cold steel 3 definitely got a reprint on ps4. Surprised they didn't reprint 1 and 2 while they were at it.

Judging by the influx of 13 sentinels aegis rims at gamestop and best buy I can only assume that also got a reprint.

Has anyone had trouble getting their Shin Megami Tensei V shipped?  My original order never made it past the "label created" stage in Fedex.  Gamestop did a replacement order and 2 days after the shipping email for this one it's also showing "label created."  I've had about 20 items shipped from Gamestop in the past month and this is the only item I've had this issue on

It is really frustrating having the same conversation with 3 different GS employees at 2 different stores that boils down to them saying "Sorry, we only take the crappy Wii remote, this one is too good for us." I have also been told by 2 of these same people, both at different stores, that they don't take wired Xbox One controllers, which seems pretty clearly not true. The moral of the story is that trading controllers to GS can be really frustrating.

I just upgraded my dad's Xbox One Call of Duty edition to a Series X.  He gave me the console to trade in but with no controller, he wanted to keep it.  Can anyone tell me if they will take it without the controller or do I need to get one to trade in with it?  Thanks!

I just upgraded my dad's Xbox One Call of Duty edition to a Series X. He gave me the console to trade in but with no controller, he wanted to keep it. Can anyone tell me if they will take it without the controller or do I need to get one to trade in with it? Thanks!

You need at least one controller with it

I just upgraded my dad's Xbox One Call of Duty edition to a Series X. He gave me the console to trade in but with no controller, he wanted to keep it. Can anyone tell me if they will take it without the controller or do I need to get one to trade in with it? Thanks!
I think they'll just charge you the price of a used controller to purchase and add to the system.

Has anyone had trouble getting their Shin Megami Tensei V shipped? My original order never made it past the "label created" stage in Fedex. Gamestop did a replacement order and 2 days after the shipping email for this one it's also showing "label created." I've had about 20 items shipped from Gamestop in the past month and this is the only item I've had this issue on
Ordered 12 copies last Saturday, they all shipped late Monday, delivered Wednesday morning, sent from PA to CT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back