2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry if its a FAQ, but if you sign up gor Gamestop pro, how soon do you get the $10 reward and $5 montly reward?

Seems like a good deal, i didnt know about this because i barely shopped at gamestop. But they have had the best black Friday so far

I'm not seeing the B2G1 for preowned or new.

Can anyone confirm if the 50% trade in boost ended today (Nov19) or Sunday (Nov21)? I see nothing about the extra bonus on the front page like I did in the beginning of the week.
Damn that really sucks I freakin missed out! Could’ve had ratchet and clank, guardian of the galaxy cosmic and Skyrim anniversary for $100 smh

Picked up 3 $20 games tonight and the guy at the counter insisted the deal wouldn't work. I asked him if he could just try it and lo and behold B2G1 did work. He was surprised since corporate told him the deal was supposed be disabled in the afternoon, but said "if the games ring up like that, I gotta let you have it". Glad I stopped after work tonight instead of trying tomorrow

Looks like some values dropped like a rock, even if the 50% extra TIV is still active.

Vahalla PS4 and a regular DualShock 4 both dropped. 

If 50 percent bonus on accessory trade in is still active, I have a Xbox Elite V1 controller to trade in. There's no trade in value data on their app or website though.

Just reminding you guys that I’m really pissed I missed out on b2g1 new games. Could’ve gotten ratchet and clank for 33 since it’s nowhere near that price anywhere, guardians of the galaxy deluxe, and maybe Skyrim anniversary or FF Intergrade smh

Just reminding you guys that I’m really pissed I missed out on b2g1 new games. Could’ve gotten ratchet and clank for 33 since it’s nowhere near that price anywhere, guardians of the galaxy deluxe, and maybe Skyrim anniversary or FF Intergrade smh
I had issues getting Ghosts of Tsushima, Ratchet and Clank, and I believe Returnal to trigger the B2G1 in store. Not sure what the deal was.

In any case, at my local store said B2G1 is active til 11/20

GS b2g1 stacked with price match in store was too good![attachment=36382:E6568E0E-4D0F-4543-A522-6D0536DBA294.jpeg][attachment=36383:ADEE172C-EF56-4D15-94A2-DD1FA372F643.jpeg]

I got a couple PS5 games. The website and app were not working too well. It took me about 20 minutes to place the order.

I had issues getting Ghosts of Tsushima, Ratchet and Clank, and I believe Returnal to trigger the B2G1 in store. Not sure what the deal was.

In any case, at my local store said B2G1 is active til 11/20
That’s weird. Did they at least honor it? I guess I won’t be butthurt if it still works instore for new games and if they actually have the games I’m looking for

Is that ymmv? If so, that’s a nice store. Store I’m close to, wouldn’t even let me use a $5 off coupon since they said the game was “on sale” like months ago
Multiple cags said this was working in store. I stopped at a random store after work. Associate was very chill and said yesterday was the last day for b2g1 new in store but b2g1 preowned was still ongoing. Did pretty well. B2g1 is still going on at Target today. Ymmv on price matching with b2g1 at Target- try electronics rather than guest services.

Multiple cags said this was working in store. I stopped at a random store after work. Associate was very chill and said yesterday was the last day for b2g1 new in store but b2g1 preowned was still ongoing. Did pretty well. B2g1 is still going on at Target today. Ymmv on price matching with b2g1 at Target- try electronics rather than guest services.
Hm yeah I meant stacking b2g1 and price match at GameStop. If new b2g1 at GameStop is really dead even instore then fml

Very pleased with my two recent orders from Gamestop for Switch games. My used games all came complete. Hades and Untitled Goose Game had manuals/posters inside. The couple stickers on Hades came off easily. My new game order was good: two games were sealed. The last was re-sealed with some sort of stretchy plastic, but I didn't mind.

Worked last night, gutted copy of Sackboy, Deathloop and GotG.  He had to pricematch the GS Website price for GotG, Sackboy got the $5 monthly coupon taken off, and Deathloop was free.  Only had the XSX of Alan Wake for $30, no websites had it for $20 to PM.  Overall happy with my purchase, $58 out the door for those 3. 

Look into your active offers in your account. It shows up there. If it's not there, I would call CS, they'll probably give you 10K points instead.

Same with the app for me. It gives an error if I search or choose any of their buttons. Nothing is functioning.
Same here. No idea what's going on but if you log out everything seems to load on the website. You can add items to your cart and then log back in when you are ready to check out. That seems to work as a temp solution.

Picked up Resident Evil Village PS5. $20

The Last of US Remastered PS4. $10

Sonic Colors Ultimate SWITCH. $20

The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles SWITCH. $30

Tried to get Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade PS5 into the cart, but kept having loading issues, so gave up.

Had Deathloop in the cart but removed it at the last second.

Didn't get B2G1, but still pleased with the sale.

Picked up Resident Evil Village PS5. $20

The Last of US Remastered PS4. $10

Sonic Colors Ultimate SWITCH. $20

The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles SWITCH. $30

Tried to get Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade PS5 into the cart, but kept having loading issues, so gave up.

Had Deathloop in the cart but removed it at the last second.

Didn't get B2G1, but still pleased with the sale.
Im glad you've found peace in the chaos

The GameStop website is in pain. She’s doing her best. Trying to search and navigate the site results in errors all over the place. I still managed to get an order in.

If you really want to look up a game, you can search it on Google and add GameStop. It will lead you to the GameStop webpage of that game but it's ridiculous doing that.

Do point certs work on Black Friday sale prices? Would like to pick up Ghosts of Tsushima Directors for 20 with a $20 cert but don't want to redeem the points if they're going to block me. Have had problems with certs and sales in the past.

I seriously doubt you can get better than for games like Guardian of the galaxy for 20 and deathloop for 16 ish after buy 2 get 1 free
That's what I thought last year too. Then GameStop dropped a b1g1 that worked on black Friday prices.

Anybody confirm (east coast) if B2G1 still applies in store? I’m heading out with the family but am tempted to make a pit stop or two if it is still active. TIA!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back