2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Would anyone be interested in a separate thread for price match photos, primarily from Walmart? I thought it would be helpful, but only if it’s utilized and people share photos they take or requests they have. If not, no worries, but I thought it could be helpful.

smtV game coin is in my active offers this morning.

thanks to those checking on b2g1 new instore.  I'll probably wait for further confirmation before making a trip today.

Would anyone be interested in a separate thread for price match photos, primarily from Walmart? I thought it would be helpful, but only if it’s utilized and people share photos they take or requests they have. If not, no worries, but I thought it could be helpful.
There's a Walmart right next to my local GameStop, so I can definitely contribute if it's on the shelf. I posted a photo for Pokemon BD/SP yesterday (https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/367591-the-gamestop-thread/?p=14439201) if you still need to price match that game.

There's a Walmart right next to my local GameStop, so I can definitely contribute if it's on the shelf. I posted a photo for Pokemon BD/SP yesterday (https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/367591-the-gamestop-thread/?p=14439201) if you still need to price match that game.
Thank you! I actually missed your post and drove out to a different Walmart this morning. I’ll work on starting that thread and see how it goes. PM has saved me quite a bit of money already.

I just called the local GameStop in Chicagoland area. The guy said that B2G1 still works today but on used only. B2G1 on new ended yesterday.

B2G1 used still active in my local store until 11/24. Unfortunately, they didn’t have the third game I want and b2g1 didn’t work on their store computer.

Is it possible to use 2 rewards certificates and also the monthly $5 on one item? Or do they cap it at 2 per item?
I just used the monthly reward, a $10, and a $15 on sale games. I got Resident Evil 2 for $0 and Resident Evil 3 for like $1.20. You can use as many as you want on a single item as long as the values are different.

So the GameStop I usually go to said they can only price match things that are not on sale. Riders republic is $29.99 on website but $36.99 in store. Said they couldn’t price match. Guardians is $29.99 on the site and $59.99 in store . Said they can do those types. I don’t think this is true . Can anyone confirm?

So the GameStop I usually go to said they can only price match things that are not on sale. Riders republic is $29.99 on website but $36.99 in store. Said they couldn’t price match. Guardians is $29.99 on the site and $59.99 in store . Said they can do those types. I don’t think this is true . Can anyone confirm?
I price matched GOTG in store at GS no problem for $29.99 since it was ringing up as $59.99. I also was able to price match the preowned price for Cruis'n Blast for $22.99 when the store had it for $34.99.

Not sure why they wouldn’t price match. I had GameStop price match their site for my Dragon Ball Kakarot (Switch) purchase today . Rang up $59.99 in store and I had them check their site and they adjusted the price to $29.99. No issues whatsoever. I also purchased NBA 2K22 for the switch and that initially rang up as $59.99 before my pro membership automatically dropped it down to $24.99. There’s a pro sale on certain games that gives pro members an additional discount on top of the current sale price.

they offered to PM mine no questions asked. I’ve had people tell me that before and I just ordered in line for in store pickup in front of them. If you think they’re lying, then buy the warranties with it and return all the warranties before you leave too

Sorry if this is already answered. Is the $50 bonus for trading in Xbox systems dead?
Worth a shot trading in. Just call or go to store. Got 325 TC this week for my ps4 pro. If you have a current gen system now is a great time to get rid of last gen consoles. Build up credit to buy cheap games. Yay, the CAG circle of life!

I just received Breath of the Wild for Wii U instead of for Switch. I am not thrilled.
That reminds me of this Flight of the Conchords episode

51d5078b-2969-4118-8638-8ee44c62c194_text.gif
LOL

You got the right game just for the wrong system.

Forgot to mention. I wound up picking up Far Cry 6 on PS5 sealed. It rang up $34.99 in store. They said it was a pro member only deal. I don't know what else is included in that deal but that would be good to know.

Got Gotg for 15 after trading MK11 and using pro 5 at gamestop. If they had more stock may have trade b2g1.

Store only?

No issues here. Employee actually encouraged me to do it and do b2g1 as well

Forgot to mention. I wound up picking up Far Cry 6 on PS5 sealed. It rang up $34.99 in store. They said it was a pro member only deal. I don't know what else is included in that deal but that would be good to know.
Just got an email with this promotion for pros only on early Black Friday prices. Had a link to the games, search 112021-pro-vg on the GameStop site

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back