2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is the B2G1 free going on in store on used games?
f618a485-705a-451e-88dd-a33af923565c_text.gif

Question, I bought smtv right after release day, never got a confirmation about any coin etc- how or where do I find that in my account?
account > active offers. they can pull it up with your account instore as well.

I bought the game in a b2g1 order a few days after release and now have it in my active offers. Pretty nice deal in the end.

SMTV Game Coin just showed up.
Super out of the loop here, but what is this game coin I see mentioned every so often? Will I get one for the SMTV CE I pre-ordered?

EDIT* nevermind, post above answers my questions. Don't see anything in my account.

Is the B2G1 free going on in store on used games?
Just got home and the B2G1 is still going on. Traded in RE: Village (PS4) for $32 after the 50% bonuses and picked up Xbox RE: Village for $19.99. I also grabbed Lost Judgment which came with a steel book.

Btw b2g1 new is totally done just pre owned. I didn’t buy anything except GOTG cosmic deluxe for ps5 with $5 off coupon price matched. Btw I’m still pissed I missed out on b2g1 new..ratchet and clank u must wait longer..

Not sure if you're joking around, but luck I guess because one of the employees even commented on how he was surprised it came with the steelbook.
Wow. Nah I’m serious it was supposed to be pre order bonus. I guess urs was just one of those that no one picked up or they had leftover steelbooks? Either way I’m gonna check and hope I have any luck

Just called a few stores they said doesn’t come with one. Guess u got really lucky!

Kind of bummed I didnt take more advantage of the B2G1 free on new games when the sale prices went live.  I guess I just figured they would let it go longer than they did.  All 9 new games I ordered actually came factory sealed, which was a nice surprise.

I ordered Judgment, Yakuza Like a Dragon, and Lost Judgment for PS5 during B2G1 and it is being delivered by CDL Last Mile again, the same one who delivered my order of Blue Reflection Second Light, The Caligula Effect 2, and Mary Skelter 2 to the wrong address next door.

I've learned to jump on deals in case of it being a mistake or if it finally drops to a price you wanted it too. I was waiting for R&C Rift Apart, Ghost of Directors cut and Spider-man MM Ultimate to get to $39.99. R&C was $34.99 used at Game Fly and I kept checking around other places and when I finally went to buy it, it was sold out. Then I saw it used at GS for $39.99 and then I saw that Ghost of Directors was 46 but both were B2G1 so I did that and then got Returnal as the free game. Ended up paying only $31.53 after taxes for each game. All 3 games came with original artwork/cover. If the games went lower, I could always try to get some $ back but I was very happy with those prices. Then I see that they all went up in price so again, I didn't waste time or waited to see if they would go lower. Have to just buy right away when you see the price you want. Same thing happened a couple of days later with Spider-man MM Ultimate. Saw it for $49.99 but that wasn't my sweet spot yet. Then saw that GS had it for $44.99 brand new and I decided that's close enough to the $40 I wanted to spend so I put it in my cart and used my $15 cert and then added 2 games to get free shipping and I ended up paying a total of $40.34. I highly doubt the game goes to $39.99 but even it if does, I am still happy with what I paid and got 2 extra games I wasn't even wanting.

Wow. Nah I’m serious it was supposed to be pre order bonus. I guess urs was just one of those that no one picked up or they had leftover steelbooks? Either way I’m gonna check and hope I have any luck

Just called a few stores they said doesn’t come with one. Guess u got really lucky!
Oh, that's super cool! I really appreciate you letting me know.

I've learned to jump on deals in case of it being a mistake or if it finally drops to a price you wanted it too. I was waiting for R&C Rift Apart, Ghost of Directors cut and Spider-man MM Ultimate to get to $39.99. R&C was $34.99 used at Game Fly and I kept checking around other places and when I finally went to buy it, it was sold out. Then I saw it used at GS for $39.99 and then I saw that Ghost of Directors was 46 but both were B2G1 so I did that and then got Returnal as the free game. Ended up paying only $31.53 after taxes for each game. All 3 games came with original artwork/cover. If the games went lower, I could always try to get some $ back but I was very happy with those prices. Then I see that they all went up in price so again, I didn't waste time or waited to see if they would go lower. Have to just buy right away when you see the price you want. Same thing happened a couple of days later with Spider-man MM Ultimate. Saw it for $49.99 but that wasn't my sweet spot yet. Then saw that GS had it for $44.99 brand new and I decided that's close enough to the $40 I wanted to spend so I put it in my cart and used my $15 cert and then added 2 games to get free shipping and I ended up paying a total of $40.34. I highly doubt the game goes to $39.99 but even it if does, I am still happy with what I paid and got 2 extra games I wasn't even wanting.
Yeah had a feeling something like that would happen but my cheapass thought I could wait another day hoping games would drop in price at target as I’d rather do b2g1 from them. Also hoped that people would find deals or good combinations on post on here. Guess my last resort is pre owned. I’ll have to take chances on receiving games complete with artwork. Sucks Intergrade doesn’t have the damn dlc on disc ugh. Also sucks having to go instore to exchange if I get no artwork

No lie, this is at least the 5th or 6th time I've seen you post about "$31.53". Was gonna say something the last time but I thought that was the last time. Never seen someone so excited over not even getting a deal lol. Returnal was $30 brand new at Walmart and Tsushima is $20 with a $10 upgrade.

In other news, again, no idea how some of you are getting order delivered already. Do you live 5 minutes from a distribution center? All my shipped orders are a week out at least

Btw b2g1 new is totally done just pre owned. I didn’t buy anything except GOTG cosmic deluxe for ps5 with $5 off coupon price matched. Btw I’m still pissed I missed out on b2g1 new..ratchet and clank u must wait longer..
Thanks, saved me a trip to gamestop. Was going to try for b2g1 on new.

No lie, this is at least the 5th or 6th time I've seen you post about "$31.53". Was gonna say something the last time but I thought that was the last time. Never seen someone so excited over not even getting a deal lol. Returnal was $30 brand new at Walmart and Tsushima is $20 with a $10 upgrade.

In other news, again, no idea how some of you are getting order delivered already. Do you live 5 minutes from a distribution center? All my shipped orders are a week out at least
Huh? I have posted it because it's still relevant. Where is R&C Rift Apart 31.53? I still got Returnal cheaper even if mine is used. None of these games are being sold new or used for what I paid for them. Where is Ghost of Tsushima Director's Cut $20? You do know the difference right? I think you're confused.

• For those who do not own Ghost of Tsushima in any form: Purchase Ghost of Tsushima Director's Cut PS5 for $69.99.
  • For those who own Ghost of Tsushima on PS4: Starting August 20th, an upgrade option will be available from the PS5 store for $29.99.
  • For those who own Ghost of Tsushima Director's Cut on PS4: Starting August 20th, an upgrade option will be available from the PS5 store for $9.99

Couldn’t take full advantage of the B2G1 new since I happened to be busy last night which was the prime time to go in, but I managed to get RE Village,mass effect, and GOTG for myself my coming up +$30 overall with trade credit after boomerangs. Can’t complain :) would haven gotten more if I had time

<p>

Huh? I have posted it because it's still relevant. Where is Ghost of Tsushima Director's Cut $20? You do know the difference right?

• For those who do not own Ghost of Tsushima in any form: Purchase Ghost of Tsushima Director's Cut PS5 for $69.99.
  • For those who own Ghost of Tsushima on PS4: Starting August 20th, an upgrade option will be available from the PS5 store for $29.99.
  • For those who own Ghost of Tsushima Director's Cut on PS4: Starting August 20th, an upgrade option will be available from the PS5 store for $9.99
What's relevant? You getting three games for over $30? Why do any of us need to know that 6+ times? We got it the first time, and most of us don't really care.

And lol I didn't. I can't believe they make you pay 30 fucking dollars to upgrade that POS from the PS4 version when every other game is either free or $10 to upgrade. What a total scam. Game is terrible and just a reskinned newer AC and isn't even worth $15 for the PS5 version

What's relevant? You getting three games for over $30? Why do any of us need to know that 6+ times? We got it the first time, and most of us don't really care.

And lol I didn't. I can't believe they make you pay 30 fucking dollars to upgrade that POS from the PS4 version when every other game is either free or $10 to upgrade. What a total scam. Game is terrible and just a reskinned newer AC and isn't even worth $15 for the PS5 version
I am trying to help people so they stop waiting and get the games they want. You failed to show me where I could have gotten better deals for the 3 games I bought and you were WRONG and misinformed so I have no idea why you typed the reply you did. If you are going to correct someone, at least get your facts straight.

I am trying to help people so they stop waiting and get the games they want. You failed to show me where I could have gotten better deals for the 3 games I bought and you were WRONG and misinformed so I have no idea why you typed the reply you did. If you are going to correct someone, at least get your facts straight.
You seem really upset by thinking you got a deal so I'll let this go, but how are you helping people by saying "I got 3 games for $31.53"? Like lolwut. Anyways, moving on

Should I get 2 game coins for SMTV, if I ordered the CE and the steelbook edition? I see one in my account (didn't see it on mobile before but 1 shows up on desktop).

Should I get 2 game coins for SMTV, if I ordered the CE and the steelbook edition? I see one in my account (didn't see it on mobile before but 1 shows up on desktop).
promo terms are one per person (account), so sounds like it was done correctly. Usually the gc promo is a shared promo for all editions of a release.

Got shot down at 2 Gamestops trying to price match Walmart using an in store photo of Pokemon Brilliant Diamond price of 49.94 .  One store said it was a pricing error, the other said they don't price match on new releases.  Wish Walmart would list their in store pricing online.

account > active offers. they can pull it up with your account instore as well.

I bought the game in a b2g1 order a few days after release and now have it in my active offers. Pretty nice deal in the end.
I didn't know you could get them outside of preorders paid in full before release. No coin in my account but the game only just shipped yesterday I want to say and like you bought it in the b2g1.

Speaking of orders both of my recent orders appeared on my account order history today for the first time since march 1st. Both pokemons are not on there however (despite shipping today) because their website is derptastic.

Sooo... any news of this week's promo?  I managed to trade in a lot of games before the extra 50% credit expired.  Managed enough to get a XBox Elite Controller 2 (with coupons).

So is this assuming the new being same price as preowned isn't intended?

Wonder if any of these will be new in-store for that price tomorrow... not feeling to get a participation award at this point....  :oldman:

GameStop seems to be the undisputed champ the past couple years, specifically in regards to Black Friday. The B2G1 on new games with BF prices was killer and now select Switch games being

gonna wait for b2g1 on black friday itself

these will come out cheaper regardless

i think they have to keep running trade promos or they will have no stock for black friday at this rate

store closest to me is p bare at this point

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back