2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
6akghFg.png

Are people just paying for shipping, or is there a code or something.  Thinking about Paper Mario but don't want to pay for shipping and not in stock by me

Thinking of picking up some early christmas gifts for nephews, friend's kids. I picked up mario kart live for $59.99 gamestop for a 5 year old. I see they also sell the ring fit for $54.99. How old should they be for the ring fit you think?

If you want these games, better get them now before IATCG reposts them on Slickdeals and they all go out of stock. Astral Chain is already OOS.
It wasn't a minute ago when I placed my order. Maybe the stock is fluctuating? Or I got lucky and they had +2 in my area so it countered the -1 stock thing.

Now here's hoping it doesn't come cart only in a generic case or clear plastic clamshell thing.

Astral chain is $26 for digital too. Not sure if this is normal, new/used is $26.

Astral Chain has been out of stock new for months dude. These aren't even price glitches, as they were the same price last year.
Never said anything about them being price glitches. Also see post above from Tosca saying Astral Chain was just in stock.

But thanks for being super helpful as always.

Picked up Kirby and Astral Chain. Didn’t see ability to do BOPIS for those two, but I literally saw them at my local stores today, so I will definitely go tomorrow and hope price in store is the same. Cancel online order if need be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never said anything about them being price glitches. Also see post above from Tosca saying Astral Chain was just in stock.

But thanks for being super helpful as always.
Clearly he has no idea what he's talking about and if they looked in their order history itd say preowned. Even wario said its long been out of stock. And that price glitch wasn't to you, it was to the ever always helpful dave.

But thanks again for making yet another very helpful post yourself.

Astral chain is $26 for digital too. Not sure if this is normal, new/used is $26.
Thanks for pointing this out. Many of these digital titles are currently a mistake at $26. Just bought paper mario and nsmbud digital with trade credit.

How easy is it to take these to the store if they come and ask them to refund original payment and use my trade in credits? I have money on my trade in card but I don't have access to it until tomorrow.

For those using non trade credit, don't forget to use a cashback site like Rakuten currently giving 5% back for pre-owned games and 2% on new. I've exhausted all my trade credit with all these recent GS sales. Been redeeming my large pool of GS points now for the $15 online certs to bring these sale prices even lower and then checking out with PayPal using my Chase credit card for an additional 5% rewards points this quarter. On top of that, pro members get 4x points back!    

Planning on getting Judgment,Lost Judgement and Like a dragon.

$70 for all 3 is good price.

I have enough points for a $5 off cert, just not sure if works on sale items. Or how long it takes to arrive.

Should I be worried as first two main orders of three digital games each no codes have been sent via email.

Decided to pull the trigger on last 2 games digitally at $26.99 and got those codes instantly.

Should I be worried as first two main orders of three digital games each no codes have been sent via email.

Decided to pull the trigger on last 2 games digitally at $26.99 and got those codes instantly.
Their digital delivery is weird. Sometimes you have to go to your order history, click on the order, and click view code. And it might make you input a verification code from your email. I made like 3 separate orders and got everything

Their digital delivery is weird. Sometimes you have to go to your order history, click on the order, and click view code. And it might make you input a verification code from your email. I made like 3 separate orders and got everything
Thanks as looking at those two orders they switched to order received to in progress. Hope to get codes soon

Are the early Black Friday sales online only or in store too?  I want to pick up Mass Effect Legendary (Xbox) for $25 but don't really have anything else to add to bump up to free shipping.

Looks like I'm heading out to Gamestop in my area when they open. There are some good B2G1 trading card deals. If the website is out of stock, any idea if the store will price match?

Got in on the $27 digital NS game deal. Thanks for the heads-up there.

I knew GS vouchers don’t work on buying eShop/etc. credit online, but I must have forgotten that they don’t work for digital downloads either as I mistakenly cashed out a chunk. Hopefully there’re some hardware deals coming up online.

Finally broke down and got Origami King.  The price is probably something I can recoup if I don't like it.  I also added Warriors Orochi 4 Ultimate... I hope its not a generic case.  I'll return it if I do.

Oculus Quest 2 is bundled with a free $50 gift card now. Amazon, Best Buy, and Target all have similar offers, but for those of us with GS credit, this seems like the best deal we’ll get.

Edit: And, of course, I can’t use the reward certificate on this, either.

I renewed my Pro membership on 11/14 (due to expire on 11/20). It's 11/21 and I still haven't received my 10k points yet. Should I contact customer support? I did get an emailed gift card for $5 for renewing my membership though.

Is there any way to find historical trade values? Like posted earlier, BoTW is trading super low. Was trying to see if I should purchase digital, then trade in my cartridge. Same for Luigi's Mansion and Kirby Star Allies.

Monthly coupons don't work on digital unfortunately... they do work on pre-owned and new though!

I still see no reason to get digital unless it's significantly less than physical (like that Yoshi target event a while back  :razz: )

Oculus Quest 2 is bundled with a free $50 gift card now. Amazon, Best Buy, and Target all have similar offers, but for those of us with GS credit, this seems like the best deal we’ll get.

Edit: And, of course, I can’t use the reward certificate on this, either.
Why can’t you use Reward Certificates? I was planning on using some for an OQ2 in store when GameStop first opened

Whew as I finally got my 6 codes this morning from first 2 orders. (Max is 3 digital games per order)

My third order for 2 games came instantly. All orders were placed within minutes of each other.

[quote name="DanteWarrior" post="14439899" timestamp="1637505808"]

Astral chain further dropped to $24.99 for used copy[/quote

Nice find. Looks like the other 1st party titles are also $25 after adding to the cart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back