2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
even if the games do not show up in stock at your local store you may want to check.  My store had Astral Chains and Xenoblade used but online was showing out of stock.   Picked both of them up plus Paper Mario with the b2g1.  Then used my $10 cert and grabbed three houses for $17.

Fire emblem doesn’t work with the b2g1. Pos stops it from happening. I got them to discount all 3 of my games to roughly $18 to counter it not allowing the b2g1, but just be aware.
Fire emblem works in MI without any price adjustment. However games are still $27 and not the new $25, didn't bother price matching website over $4 per 3 games.

I tried to get my local store to do this and they were total assholes about it, refused to even try saying it was too many discounts.

The disconnect between the stores and online lately has me convinced they want to close more stores.
Try a different location. Had them price match there online prices in store today towards the b2g1 and it wasn’t an issue. They verify for themselves the online price and they manually adjust the price.

Went in and they ended up giving me $11 and a sealed BotW for the used Wii U BotW which was supposed to he a Switch game. That worked out fine for me. Also the Mario Kart Switch bundle apparently won't be available in store until "Black Friday" which I believe means Thanksgiving, but they wouldn't confirm that which was frustrating. The store is also closing early the next few days because of "staffing shortages." Maybe pay your people more so you can keep the stores open GS!

GameStop is fucking goofy sometimes lol. I just got my order of PS4 Ghost of Tushima Director's Cut and the packing slip has the wrong name/address and the tax and total was almost $2,000, but the only thing itemized is Ghosts of Tushima. 

Also got fire emblem: three houses in the B2G1 (with Mario deluxe and Astral chain). Price matched the 24.99 as well. Does anyone know if these will have good values for trade later on? I jumped in since it's such a good deal, but know nothing about FE or AC.

I tried to get my local store to do this and they were total assholes about it, refused to even try saying it was too many discounts.

The disconnect between the stores and online lately has me convinced they want to close more stores.
I completely agree. This didn’t happen to me, but I once heard the manager say to someone that if they wanted the online price, they would have to buy online for in-store pickup.

Also got fire emblem: three houses in the B2G1 (with Mario deluxe and Astral chain). Price matched the 24.99 as well. Does anyone know if these will have good values for trade later on? I jumped in since it's such a good deal, but know nothing about FE or AC.
I got Fire emblem three houses, kirby squad, and astral chain with price match. Just like you, I know nothing about Fire emblem or Astral Chain besides them being good solid titles, and am sure they will hold trade value. I will most likely keep them though because I dont think I will be able to get them this cheap again.

Same thing just happened to me. I asked about it and the guy said it ended yesterday and was online-only. When I told him it wasn't active online anymore, he aggressively disagreed and it was very obvious he didn't even wanna check.
I almost never go to this store but have been twice recently and both times the employees have been resistant to doing more than the minimum. Might just be the employees I've gotten but avoid the Roosevelt Field GameStop if possible.
I'd burn this asshole on a survey but it was a pick-up in store order placed online so not sure if I can.
Edit: Called my local store to ask flat-out if they'd help me with this and they were more than happy to. They really are the best.

B2g1 got cut off while I was in the middle pricematching.  Rang up b2g1 when she first scanned them, then after she changed prices one of the games didn’t came up free anymore.  Nsmb, Zelda, and splatoon was what I had at the register.   Was right around 2pm

An hour ago.  I am in Wisconsin.  Was  able to price match and got b2g1 at a different store 30 mins before going into that one.

Don’t know what happed then, she even rescanned them without doing the price match afterwards and still no freebie anymore.  Kinda like how the b2g1 new ended in the afternoon and not end of day.  Anyone else still able to get b2g1 used instore?

Did two b2g1 transactions instore today at 2:30 cst.  Games had full price stickers but rang up at 26.99.  I decided not to hassle/fight for the $2 per game price match.  

I was also able to use up my smtv game coin which applied to one of my $27 games on receipt.  I'll only regret this if there's b1g1 later this week.  but even if there is, I'm not sure if there will be much online inventory after the current prices.

Just got Kirby, Splatoon 2, & FE 3 Houses at a store in IL - no issues with the B2G1 but looking at my receipt it seems they only price-matched 2 of the games because I was charged $26.99 for one game and $24.99 for the other. Whatever, still a great deal!

The b2g1 worked for me as of 3:45pm EST. Got Breath of the Wild, Xenoblade, and Resident Evil Village (PS4). No trouble at that store. The Switch games were $27 each instead of $25 but wasn't going to complain over that. Then I also used 25k points to get a sealed Paper Mario for a couple bucks.

But I also went to another store earlier in the day and had to argue with them that the sale was still live. I had to beg them just to scan the games. They were surprised to see it still worked and said corporate gave them bad info. That store had Splatoon, NSMB Deluxe, and Kirby.

I was not expecting to buy so much today after everything from this past week. I can't miss a good opportunity like this though.

Went in earlier today

-B2G1 on the used switch games worked fine, no issues.

-Battlefield 2042 for Series X worked fine for guaranteed to love

-$25 in store points redemption certificate worked for NSMB digital code in store

Local store came through, guy was happy to help me. I told him about the other store and he was perplexed as to what their problem was. He even replaced one of my generic cases.
They rang up as $27 each, but like others, I didn't push it just to save $4+tax ($1something a game). $18/each + tax is good enough, I highly doubt that the B2G1 free and Black Friday prices will stack online like they did last Black Friday if they've already killed the B2G1s online and the in-store sunset date is the 24th.

Maybe the cashier pulled a pony one on me.   Sorry guys, and thanks for the  reports.  Only other thing I can think of is her swapping out the cases with one that has a barcode for new instead of used when she went to get the cartridges.  

I can echo that the +50% trade bonus for games is still active. Traded two games earlier along with a few accessories and both games got the bump. Just for reference, the games were NFS: HP Remastered for XB1 and Madden 21 for PS4. Used the trade cred to pickup NSMBU and Burnout Paradise Remastered for Switch. Have a little trade cred leftover too. Great to see that the sale prices are active in-store. Especially since buying online for pickup in-store is disabled right now.

Need to find a good filler item for tales of arise, it's $30, need $35 for free shipping.
Target/Amazon OOS.
Buy a $27 nintendo game and trade it back in when values go up or buy anything above $5 and return it when you get it.

Weird that it sold out everywhere at $30. Was gonna grab it today at GS for the XSX if they price matched but they haven't yet for some reason, so I went with the PS5 version instead.

The game I wanted is 35 and my 5 dollar coupon made it 30 online, but it wouldn’t let me select in store pickup. So I go to the store instead and say I wanna use my coupon. pos wouldn’t accept it so I showed him it working online but they wouldn’t adjust. Between that and their shipping being absolute trash lately, I’m about done with them.

Went in earlier today

-B2G1 on the used switch games worked fine, no issues.
-Battlefield 2042 for Series X worked fine for guaranteed to love
-$25 in store points redemption certificate worked for NSMB digital code in store
I had the opposite experience with Battlefield and the G2L. I had the receipt with the code on it, they just couldn't figure it out. Even made two phone calls to who knows who. End result, they processed it as a return, reason: did not like and I walked out with cash.

I had the opposite experience with Battlefield and the G2L. I had the receipt with the code on it, they just couldn't figure it out. Even made two phone calls to who knows who. End result, they processed it as a return, reason: did not like and I walked out with cash.
Sounds like you made out pretty well. I really wanted to like the game, but it's pretty broken at the moment and not worthy of a $70 price tag IMO. I fortunately did a b2g1 new games with my purchase, so the end result was a b1g1. Wasn't trying for that outcome when I made the purchase, but not a bad end result

Sounds like you made out pretty well. I really wanted to like the game, but it's pretty broken at the moment and not worthy of a $70 price tag IMO. I fortunately did a b2g1 new games with my purchase, so the end result was a b1g1. Wasn't trying for that outcome when I made the purchase, but not a bad end result
People who buy Battlefield games at launch are getting scammed. I remember back in the day how BF3 was massacred over its launch. BF4 had the same problem and they ended up putting it on sale for $20 with Premium content pack a month or so after launch as an apology.

Over the course of the year I expect 2042 to continue receiving patches but also see massive price discounts.

Not bad, just a little more time consuming than it needed to be but the refund on tax is better than the points. Only traded in towards this game to take advantage of a trade-in bonus. Sold the steelbook, I didn't know I was going to get, on ebay already for a net of a little less than $13.

Thanks to those confirming the +50%. Just traded in 3 games and renewed my PRO for $10. Just have to wait for the points back. Also got my new games and they were actually new. Maybe GameStop has finally become the hero we needed.

Any know if there are any trade in deals this week? Meant to take some games and controllers in last week to get the 50% bump and didn’t have a chance. Hoping one or both are still going this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back