2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do they typically restock fairly soon? Can't believe I missed out on Astral Chain for the BF price

It's highly unlikely you'll find a copy of Astral chain at this point. All of them were ordered yesterday. You might wanna call all the stores around you in case the website is wrong. Digital can be found for $27 on gs

I hate how they're still refusing to sell pre-owned Mario Party Superstars off the website. At least with Animal Crossing they're presumably out of stock.

Does anyone know what companies will actually price match Gamestop prices? I know Best Buy does not, for example.
Target PM's GS. Target price matched 3 of the $26.99 Switch games for me, no issues.

Also, I don't believe BB price matches anyone during BF week, including itself.

So I’m going up to pickup used copies of Astral Chain and Xenoblade is the a B2G1 in store that is not listed anywhere or is it the other way around.

When did best buy stop matching gamestop?

Target PM's GS. Target price matched 3 of the $26.99 Switch games for me, no issues.

Also, I don't believe BB price matches anyone during BF week, including itself.
Perfect. thanks! The Best Buy thing was over a month ago, and it wasn't even an item on sale. Just cheaper elsewhere.

When did best buy stop matching gamestop?
I asked them to PM a joy con grip a month ago and was told they are not a competitive company because they focus on games or some crap. Wanted to know because I might cop Astral Chain from Target if they do.

Does anyone know when the 4X points thing ends? I ordered an Xbox Series X via All Access on Friday and they gave 20,000 points even though I didn't pay anything. I got approved for $2,500 line and have to pay $36.66 a month. A label has been created and the estimated delivery date is Wednesday Nov 24th via FedEx.

It was active yesterday, but we don't have a specific end-date and won't know if it's still active today until someone reports back when stores are open.
I didn't get any extra credit for trades today. Was asking about it and they said that trade promos should automatically ring up when scanned. 😕

Is anyone else unable to place orders on the website? I'm trying to buy one of the $26.99 switch titles with a gift card, and it accepts the card but the "place order" button is greyed out. 

Is anyone else unable to place orders on the website? I'm trying to buy one of the $26.99 switch titles with a gift card, and it accepts the card but the "place order" button is greyed out.
I had similar issue before. I entered credit card information under payment and then it worked. It only used the gift/trade card balance. GameStop site is goofy.

Took adavantage of the b2g1 on Thursday last week and have yet to receive any sort of notice of shipping. I received an email saying they were getting my order ready but that was on Friday. Anyone else having a longish wait on shipping? Just want to know how long is normal lately and whether I need to just tell my anxiety to chill or not lol

Took adavantage of the b2g1 on Thursday last week and have yet to receive any sort of notice of shipping. I received an email saying they were getting my order ready but that was on Friday. Anyone else having a longish wait on shipping? Just want to know how long is normal lately and whether I need to just tell my anxiety to chill or not lol
It could be today, it could be a week from now. Think of it like playing slots, you might payoff big and accidentally get 3 switches instead of your games. You also might get 3 empty cases, it's exciting.

Generally I would say 3-5 business days, may depend on if coming from a store vs. distribution center. I've had some stores take up to 2 week to finally send an order.

I didn't get any extra credit for trades today. Was asking about it and they said that trade promos should automatically ring up when scanned.
Dang, so it sound like the bonus 50% might be over? If anyone else is able to confirm as well would be appreciated.

Two of my three orders shipped this morning. The other one also got an email for yesterday saying it would ship soon so I imagine it'll be today. What's a bummer is they shipped OnTrac which is notoriously terrible so hopefully I get them.

The "we're getting ready to ship your order" email is basically attempted spin on a shipping delay notice. I'm getting that on maybe half of my web orders lately - it's pretty typical.

On top of taking forever to ship their item, they also don't let you cancel for some reason. I picked up the games in store and wanted to cancel the online order so that I could have my gift card amount back and ready for Thursday night but they're telling me to wait until they ship the item.

If anyone heads to a store today for the discounted used Switch games, can you let us know if they ring up $26.99 or $24.99?
I went yesterday and Kirby rang up for $26.99 pre-owned. It may have been a mistake since there was no PO'd sticker on the back and I wasn't paying attention when they rang it up. This may not be all that helpful.

Edit: They were all $26.99 today pre-owned. The B2G1 worked though

Is the Buy 2, Get 1 Free deal that everyone is talking about in store applicable to new games, or just used games? From the prior posts, I can't figure out which way it is. Also, are the stores honoring the prices on the website? Thank you!

Is the Buy 2, Get 1 Free deal that everyone is talking about in store applicable to new games, or just used games? From the prior posts, I can't figure out which way it is. Also, are the stores honoring the prices on the website? Thank you!
I haven't tried it on new games in store but they know for certain that it works on used. I also price matched online

In CA, yesterday new games did not trigger for b2g1 but used did. Had to price match prices online but no issue referring to GS website prices. 

Does GameStop have a new warehouse? All my orders are coming from Reno, NV. Hard to believe that a store in Reno had all my items to fulfill for each order.
They announced that they were getting new warehouses a few months ago I think. My orders just came from a warehouse in New York instead of the one in Texas.

The B2G1 free on new games expired days ago. I think on the 19th? It was killed online earlier in the day but lasted until the end of day in stores. The deal is still valid on pre-owned and price matching can be used for the promotion as well.

[attachment=36408:Cave-Story-Bonuses-2.jpg]

"Welp, time to throw all this stuff in the trash" - the people who trade in their cart-only copies of Cave Story+ to Gamestop, apparently.

Cave-Story-Bonuses-2.jpg

"Welp, time to throw all this stuff in the trash" - the people who trade in their cart-only copies of Cave Story+ to Gamestop, apparently.
I mean I'm guilty of holding on to extras I trade in just because others do/that's what I expect from Gamestop. Meaning if I ever decide to get the game again in the future (on sale/promo) there's a very high likelihood the the get will be loose or incomplete, and by holding on to the extras I guarantee myself a complete copy. I don't care enough for just like a case with cover art. But something like Ys Dana with the map/trading cards, yeah I've kept that stuff.

Edit: I also love Nicalis physical games, they're one of the few publishers left that actually include physical manuals/promos. I have cave story, blade strangers, code of princess, crystal crisis and maybe a few more, sadly haven't seen a new game from them in awhile.

The 50% boost is likely dead.  I traded in Just Dance 2021 after work and it only came up $8.** .   I said,  hey give it back!  :)

I have a new game to return, decided against keeping it, but I used a $5 cert on it. I assume I’m out of luck and it’s lost those points?

Cave-Story-Bonuses-2.jpg

Are all of those extra inside the case? I have two cave story+ sealed from Walmart a year ago and haven't opened them. I also bought a used copy of cs+ from gs this year with the new boxart that obviously didn't have any of those extras.

I renewed my Pro membership today, and there was some discount of $5. So it only came out to $10 (digital Game Informer).  Chat person also said I should be getting 10k bonus points in two days.

How does GameStop handle trades for non standard switch models?

Have a Pokemon let's go console to trade in. Would they take that? Could I switch the dock to a black one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back