2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does Gamestop usually do another console/accessory/game trade in deal in December?
I recall last year buying nsmbu deluxe for ~26 used and b1g1 eligible. The next week, early december, it was $35 base and ~45 after a +30% preorder promo. That one didn't stay in the collection very long.

Preach I’ve been to 5 different gamestops near me and their preowned PS5 selection has been slim pickings so I couldn’t take advantage of the B2G1 free deal. Oh well
Yup it was sad. 99% were new and 1% pre owned. I was about to ask if they have a separate section for pre owned lol

My B2G1 games were supposed to deliver today and supposedly left Sparks, NV yesterday. Still not delivered and it now says Pending on FedEx. Should I just wait or reach out to GameStop support?

My B2G1 games were supposed to deliver today and supposedly left Sparks, NV yesterday. Still not delivered and it now says Pending on FedEx. Should I just wait or reach out to GameStop support?
fedex is slow. anytime i have a fedex package i assume it's going to be late

I went into the store tonight and they had changed all the Black Friday sale prices. I don’t get it. I wonder if the website will be different tomorrow.

Yeah GameStop’s site is a mess. I got orders that have been delivered that still say waiting for carrier pick up on their site.

It’s just best to assume whatever their site says is incorrect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah GameStop’s site is a mess. I got orders that have been delivered that still say waiting for carrier pick up on their site.

It’s just best to assume whatever their site says is incorrect.

GameStop’s CEO is supposed to be some e-commerce genius. What the fuck has he done since taking over? Not a fucking thing.

I fucking hate GameStop. But I have some shares so I gotta root for them.

Conflicts man.

I went into the store tonight and they had changed all the Black Friday sale prices. I don’t get it. I wonder if the website will be different tomorrow.
Grabbed a new copy of BOTW for $26.99 this afternoon after having them pricematch it off the website, and now the price on it and the other $24.99/$26.99 first party games is up to $39.99. Still crossing my fingers for B1G1 on Thursday again this year. Was also hoping to snag a Series X on Thursday, but it sounds like some stores got their allocations slashed to 0 while still getting in OLEDs and PS5s, so maybe not...

GameStop’s CEO is supposed to be some e-commerce genius. What the fuck has he done since taking over? Not a fucking thing.

I fucking hate GameStop. But I have some shares so I gotta root for them.

Conflicts man.

Far as I know wall street bets shorted their shares and bet against them to make money. Not buying stock to hold, unless you have faith in gamestop that is.

Bravely Default II is also now 27/25 for those that didn't bite on the Amazon $30 when the 15² coupon was going on... and the recent Switch titles back at $27 pre-owned ($40 new) for those that want to blow their load before the real promos start!  :beer:

(maybe)

Well one of my orders from Friday is still just showing "preparing to ship". It was a b2g1 order of new games when guardians of the galaxy was reduced to $30 and eligible. Starting to think they're trying to cancel it or something as all three games are still in stock. Put in an order on Amazon for guardians at $25 just in case it does get canceled. It was one of the few games I really wanted this black Friday and was really hoping to play it this weekend so it's a bummer. But my other two orders from Friday came today. Everything was new and sealed which was great. I also got one of those weird invoices that showed I paid $2k+ in tax. GameStop is such a mess.

Is Origami King even worth $27? I have read mixed opinions on this game
If you liked the other paper Mario and super Mario rpg games you’ll like the latest paper Mario.

If those games aren’t fun for you then skip it. There are probably a dozen or so great switch exclusives. This is arguably one of them.

My favorite switch games are tropical freeze, Zelda botw, mario odyssey, and yeah paper Mario.

Was able to snag a Kirby Star Allies in store pre price bump. The one copy of Astral Chain allegedly got picked for a BOPIS, but no store was showing in stock. I bet it was an employee. I have my original online order coming tomorrow. Gonna return one and keep the other.

Well one of my orders from Friday is still just showing "preparing to ship". It was a b2g1 order of new games when guardians of the galaxy was reduced to $30 and eligible. Starting to think they're trying to cancel it or something as all three games are still in stock. Put in an order on Amazon for guardians at $25 just in case it does get canceled. It was one of the few games I really wanted this black Friday and was really hoping to play it this weekend so it's a bummer. But my other two orders from Friday came today. Everything was new and sealed which was great. I also got one of those weird invoices that showed I paid $2k+ in tax. GameStop is such a mess.
Same for me, but for whatever reason they are shipping with another shipping company I have never heard of before (CDL). ._.

went ahead and ordered it, if it is bad then I can always sell it
It's better than the Wii and Wii U Paper Mario games. Not that that's saying a lot.

The combat is obnoxious in that you have to spin the enemies around a circular "puzzle" to unlock the best course of action for that battle. Fine once or twice but it's EVERY GOD DAMN battle. It will drive you insane. It's bad when you run around environments trying to avoid battles. They should have just used the mechanics on the boss battles.

Speaking of bosses...the creative director for this game should be fired. The bosses are dumb...like really dumb. I won't spoil it but there is a theme to them and it's really stupid.

Also, sidekicks are relegated to the background, do very little in story or in battle, and you can't control attacks with them I'm battle. Just more box checking by the big N.

Overall the story is probably the best part of the game. It's decent and entertaining and worth a slog through the incessant battles.

I wish Nintendo didn't hate their fans so much. All that has been asked for is a true successor to The Thousand Year Door. That was Paper Mario perfection. Instead we get these ho-hum efforts.

Final grade: 3 knee slaps out of 5 :)

guessing the guy who runs the website is on vacation and they left the intern monkey in charge that is only capable of randomly changing prices

less than 2 pages of ds games in stock

guessing the guy who runs the website is on vacation and they left the intern monkey in charge that is only capable of randomly changing prices

less than 2 pages of ds games in stock
Same thing happened to PS3 games. Maybe they're just not wanting to deal with the hassle of shipping these kind of games right now... after receiving some thirty $0.01 games earlier this month, I don't really blame them.

Same thing happened to PS3 games. Maybe they're just not wanting to deal with the hassle of shipping these kind of games right now... after receiving some thirty $0.01 games earlier this month, I don't really blame them.
genuinely think they have almost no inventory

my local store is picked clean

think they will have to keep running trade promos for weeks

if only they had a weekly ad with concrete information like dates

genuinely think they have almost no inventory

my local store is picked clean

think they will have to keep running trade promos for weeks

if only they had a weekly ad with concrete information like dates
That's why the weekly ad was discontinued though, to not be bound by dates on pricing and promotions. everything is up in the air and can reactively change on the fly to be "competitive" is what they said.

It's better than the Wii and Wii U Paper Mario games. Not that that's saying a lot.

The combat is obnoxious in that you have to spin the enemies around a circular "puzzle" to unlock the best course of action for that battle. Fine once or twice but it's EVERY GOD DAMN battle. It will drive you insane. It's bad when you run around environments trying to avoid battles. They should have just used the mechanics on the boss battles.

Speaking of bosses...the creative director for this game should be fired. The bosses are dumb...like really dumb. I won't spoil it but there is a theme to them and it's really stupid.

Also, sidekicks are relegated to the background, do very little in story or in battle, and you can't control attacks with them I'm battle. Just more box checking by the big N.

Overall the story is probably the best part of the game. It's decent and entertaining and worth a slog through the incessant battles.

I wish Nintendo didn't hate their fans so much. All that has been asked for is a true successor to The Thousand Year Door. That was Paper Mario perfection. Instead we get these ho-hum efforts.

Final grade: 3 knee slaps out of 5 :)
Nintendo said that their fans are too stupid to handle 2 mario rpgs at the same time. Despite that having been going on for at least a decade. So they turned paper mario into a weird hybrid and mario and luigi series was supposed to be the rpg one. But since they killed off that series I don't know why they keep paper mario the way it is. Had partners been controllable and not temps, made battles regular and left the circle crap to bosses, put back the badge and exp systems it could have been a significantly better game than it was.

Also Olivia is an insufferable character. Ugh I've never hated an npc so much.

How accurate is GameStop app/website’s inventory checker? Any chances of finding a used game that shows out of stock at a store?
I think from reading people's previous experience here, stores sometimes has games even if it shows out of stock online.
Yes the website shows in-store inventory at a -1, so you can find single copies of games at a store.
Yup basically this^ Though typically it's best to try and call around and see if any have stock before making the drive unless you plan on picking something else up while out anyway. If nothing else you could find some stuff to get in the b2g1 maybe.

Guardians of the Galaxy is down to $25 new, $23 used. If I could find it nearby for pick up, I’d pull the trigger, but I don’t want to deal with adding items to get free shipping (even if I could later return them).

Tried to price match Ghost of Tsushima Detectors Edition from Dell for $28.99, on GameStop's website via chat... but was told they don't price match preorders or already discounted items. Okay.

I think somebody on CAG showed a chat screenshot or transcription, where they were still able to get the CS rep to PM, but I didn't push beyond that.

Anybody actually been able to PM via chat on GS website? Stupid PM policy if so, especially since in store they're pretty good about PM'ing

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back