2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
I went to a few GameStop’s around 8pm est and they collectively still had XSX and Ps5 bundles in stock. Not many but at least 1 bundle per store. Disgustingly large bundles tho

Bundles are the worst idea these retailers have. Nobody wants to pay full price for the games they're bundled with, and chances are most people buying the console already have PS+.

A friend of mine was able to get an xbox and PS5 bundle at gamestop.

He was going in for the xbox, but they let him buy both.

Yet they sell out. It's a scummy practice, but it's effective
It's extremely scummy and taking advantage of consumers and makes me look down very unfavorably toward the retailers that stoop down to that level and makes me feel the same toward the people who buy them as well. If they weren't buying it, the retailers wouldn't be doing it.

But, here we are.

It's extremely scummy and taking advantage of consumers and makes me look down very unfavorably toward the retailers that stoop down to that level and makes me feel the same toward the people who buy them as well. If they weren't buying it, the retailers wouldn't be doing it.

But, here we are.
It does limit the scalpers interest tho. That’s the only positive.

Sony also bases allocation to retailers on how much attach they get with each unit....so it basically promotes them bundling it.

Local GameStop ran out of Miles Morales standard edition, so the manager I’m tight with discounted the Ultimate Edition to 29.99. Amazing deal.

On the unfortunate side some crazy dude came in trying to rabble rouse and fight people. Left after they told him the police would come.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Local GameStop ran out of Miles Morales standard edition, so the manager I’m tight with discounted the Ultimate Edition to 29.99. Amazing deal.

On the unfortunate side some crazy dude came in trying to rabble rouse and fight people. Left after they told him the police would come.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
wish I could be close to a GameStop manager. I used to be close with one that used to work there but he quit long time ago. chill guy but apparently all his coworkers hated him. it was all about work and not messing up. guess he's cool with customers but a b**** with his employees

bDtXNLb.png
\

its a very gamestop like situation

So I checked my scheduled FedEx deliveries earlier on the FedEx site. Shows a gamestop order that was camcelled by request of the shipper. Yet when I look at my orders on Gamestop, none show cancelled. Anyone ever havd this issue? I emailed Gamestop
Hope to get an answer soon.

So I "lucked" into a Series X bundle tonight.  For the peace of mind of not knowing when I'd be able to secure one, the bundle price was well worth it to me.  $130 gift card (I'll utilize to grab some Switch games) and $105 worth of games (Battlefield 2042 and NBA 2k22) is what I put in above system cost.  

I was having dinner with the family on one side of town, and decided to call a local store at about 8pm.  My wife and I were gone from dinner by 815pm and I walked through the door at 850pm.  They said they sold out of their PS5 stock in the first hour of being open, and I happened to snag the last XSX bundle.  Now to just figure out what to do with all of my GS credit after trading in my X1X tomorrow. 

So I "lucked" into a Series X bundle tonight. For the peace of mind of not knowing when I'd be able to secure one, the bundle price was well worth it to me. $130 gift card (I'll utilize to grab some Switch games) and $105 worth of games (Battlefield 2042 and NBA 2k22) is what I put in above system cost.

I was having dinner with the family on one side of town, and decided to call a local store at about 8pm. My wife and I were gone from dinner by 815pm and I walked through the door at 850pm. They said they sold out of their PS5 stock in the first hour of being open, and I happened to snag the last XSX bundle. Now to just figure out what to do with all of my GS credit after trading in my X1X tomorrow.
Try to see if they can refund your XSX bundle and use the trade in credit to buy it back. My friend was able to do that once before with his XSS. I think it depends on the employee.

So I "lucked" into a Series X bundle tonight. For the peace of mind of not knowing when I'd be able to secure one, the bundle price was well worth it to me. $130 gift card (I'll utilize to grab some Switch games) and $105 worth of games (Battlefield 2042 and NBA 2k22) is what I put in above system cost.

I was having dinner with the family on one side of town, and decided to call a local store at about 8pm. My wife and I were gone from dinner by 815pm and I walked through the door at 850pm. They said they sold out of their PS5 stock in the first hour of being open, and I happened to snag the last XSX bundle. Now to just figure out what to do with all of my GS credit after trading in my X1X tomorrow.
I would definitely check, earlier this week I was able to return and re-buy my Halo Elite controller and use my store credit instead. Really does depend on employee thou, one store said they can't other store was like no problem.

I would definitely check, earlier this week I was able to return and re-buy my Halo Elite controller and use my store credit instead. Really does depend on employee thou, one store said they can't other store was like no problem.
Try to see if they can refund your XSX bundle and use the trade in credit to buy it back. My friend was able to do that once before with his XSS. I think it depends on the employee.

I asked, and was told it would be a no go because of the digital game codes involved. If I were to go in and try, would I have to bring in the system? I kind of want to set it up tonight

I asked, and was told it would be a no go because of the digital game codes involved. If I were to go in and try, would I have to bring in the system? I kind of want to set it up tonight
They can do it but most won't. Honestly it's not worth the effort unless you have a nice employee which is rare. I was able to trade both my ps5 bundle games in for other titles but I had to call 5 different gamestops to find one that would allow it.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

If I redeem points for online rewards can I use those GameStop codes towards a digital purchase?

Want to apply the rewards to Link’s Awakening digital which is on sale for $40.

Thought they were going to have some different black friday deals up for actual black friday but so far nothing.
Seems to be the case with lots of places. I guess when "Black Friday" became "Black Week" there really isn't anything new to see today and most of the good deals have long sold out.

Interesting. Did a B2G1 delivery order yesterday. One game got cancelled and it turned into a B1G1 by virtue of them all being the same price tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back