2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was hoping to trade in a Spider-Man GOTY copy but I don't see any trade in value for it on the GameStop website. Do they not take it? I see they do sell it new.

I was hoping to trade in a Spider-Man GOTY copy but I don't see any trade in value for it on the GameStop website. Do they not take it? I see they do sell it new.
Website is messed up when trying to get to the trade value from the games' page.

You can find the values from the trade in tab and search that way.

The sad thing is that Spider-Man GOTY is equivalent to the vanilla version after you redeem the codes for the dlcs. Looks like someone beated me to that answer.

So I went to return a game at GameStop and it's already been 3 days and it still has not shown up on my credit card.

Looking at the receipt, the cashier seems to have put in gift card. But I swiped my credit card and supposedly it went through on their system but I haven't received anything.

What is with this company?! I don't trust them at all. How can I even prove that I never received the credit?!

So I went to return a game at GameStop and it's already been 3 days and it still has not shown up on my credit card.

Looking at the receipt, the cashier seems to have put in gift card. But I swiped my credit card and supposedly it went through on their system but I haven't received anything.

What is with this company?! I don't trust them at all. How can I even prove that I never received the credit?!
It’s hard to determine sometimes whether it incompetence or maliciousness.

You’re just gonna have to wait to see if it shows up on your credit card. That’s what they’re gonna say if you contact them anyway.

The fact that it says refunded to gift card is a bad sign.

You need to wait longer than 3 days. Thanksgiving also doesn't count as a business day. IE i have a sams club return from 11-22 that hasn't shown up on my card yet. I usually give it at least 5-7 business days. Does the receipt not have any of your card info on it?

It usually takes 2-3 business days for the refund to process to a cc and given that yesterday was a banking holiday and the weekend starts tomorrow, you will probably be waiting until Monday for the refund to show up in your account.

Patience. Also, if you inserted your credit card and it said approved on the screen, then it's going back to your card. Post a picture of your receipt because if what I just said happened and you're seeing it refunded to a gift card, something isn't adding up.

Question about the delay in refund was already answered. To address your other question:

Most of the things wrong with the company are countermeasures taken for survivability against all the flipper scum. The GS customers who make the most transactions are unscrupulous scoundrels whose behavior forces GS to change their policies. For example, my gf and I have copies of the same game; I brought mine for a trade in during the 50% bonus because it was sealed and I hadn't played it, and the store manager told me they can't accept sealed games because people steal games from other stores to bring there directly for trades.

Whenever I post that hot take, someone screeches about corporate sympathizing. But it's fact that people reap what they sow when they face obstacles after exploiting the system.

I guess I'll be patient until Monday. I'm just afraid because I swiped my credit card but on the receipt itself says transaction type, gift card.

I just don't trust them. I've had way too many missing games / empty cases sent to in the past few weeks.

Probably a good reminder now to always check your receipt when checking out and/or returning. Also sorry if you got screwed on the return but I'd definitely wait until early next week.

I guess I'll be patient until Monday. I'm just afraid because I swiped my credit card but on the receipt itself says transaction type, gift card.

I just don't trust them. I've had way too many missing games / empty cases sent to in the past few weeks.
I did this last year, but I used a gift card to buy something online. When I returned it, I put the credit on my credit card instead of a gift card. The receipt said gift card and it took the whole 7 business days before the refund showed up on my credit card. The cashier told me that he could not determine how I paid because it was an online order, so he said I could only get a refund on a credit card (which was odd).

Probably a good reminder now to always check your receipt when checking out and/or returning. Also sorry if you got screwed on the return but I'd definitely wait until early next week.
I've been shorted on trades (i.e. they didn't scan everything), I've had employees add game protection plans without asking, I've bought games in store and they didn't put the game in the case, I've given the employee my ID for trades and they forgot to give it back, etc.

Best to double check that everything is right before even leaving the store. Seems like a bit much, but it's a minor inconvenience compared to driving home or wherever, and possibly having to explain it to another employee and have them not believe you (or even the same employee and they've already forgot).

I've been shorted on trades (i.e. they didn't scan everything), I've had employees add game protection plans without asking, I've bought games in store and they didn't put the game in the case, I've given the employee my ID for trades and they forgot to give it back, etc.

Best to double check that everything is right before even leaving the store. Seems like a bit much, but it's a minor inconvenience compared to driving home or wherever, and possibly having to explain it to another employee and have them not believe you (or even the same employee and they've already forgot).

i ordered 2 sets of preowned b2g1 nba 2k22 ps5 at two different locations and somehow received 6 sealed new copies…it’s like seeing a unicorn twice in the same day lol

i ordered 2 sets of preowned b2g1 nba 2k22 ps5 at two different locations and somehow received 6 sealed new copies…it’s like seeing a unicorn twice in the same day lol
You just took advantage of the buy 2 get 6 deal. See it all the time.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

So GameStop is really nailing it out of the park today for me...third unicorn sighting..just received two brand new and sealed PS5 Far Cry 6 copies in the mail...I only ordered one copy for $35 the other day :D

Looks like some switch stuff has gone oos. Namely Smash Ultimate and Mario 3D World. Probably other stuff as well, but thosr are the two I had an eye on

Guess we're not getting B2G2 this year:(

Definitely used up all my positive GS karma on these retro games (2x Colosseum + Melee - but no manuals... and the free games from the B2G1 awaiting product availability.... ) And as an added bonus... the cyberpunk controller came with the correct battery cover!  :p

(edit: 15 Cyberpunk controllers available as of this edit)

knF27Wz.png

Definitely used up all my positive GS karma on these retro games (2x Colosseum + Melee - but no manuals... and the free games from the B2G1 awaiting product availability.... ) And as an added bonus... the cyberpunk controller came with the correct battery cover! :p

knF27Wz.png
Did you get the actual game disc in the bonus disc's case? The Bonus Disc is mainly for getting Jirachi in the GBA games and patching a small fix with the clock stuff.

Definitely used up all my positive GS karma on these retro games (2x Colosseum + Melee - but no manuals... and the free games from the B2G1 awaiting product availability.... ) And as an added bonus... the cyberpunk controller came with the correct battery cover! :p

knF27Wz.png
I've never seen the Cyberpunk controller in stock on the website or app. It's always been not available for me.

Did you get the actual game disc in the bonus disc's case? The Bonus Disc is mainly for getting Jirachi in the GBA games and patching a small fix with the clock stuff.
Yep, they both had the resurfacing white residue, so I'll have to try and rub it out :oldman:

How did you find the cyberpunk controller was in stock? Thanks for the heads up but I missed it at checkout.
Just checked on a whim. You sure you missed it? I still see it as available now.

I've never seen the Cyberpunk controller in stock on the website or app. It's always been not available for me.
Was still in stock as of this post?

1J49hVy.png

edit: nvm, looks like someone got the last few - hopefully someone here!

I bought 3 new games on Saturday, gamestop "shipped" them 2 days ago.

Still at label created, waiting for item pick up....

Should have bought somewhere else.

This guy over here getting complete limited controllers, meanwhile, every time I tried to get that Forza blue X1 controller, they sent the Sport Blue or just the more Royal Blue one  :speaktothehand:

Yes always make sure the game is in the case and the receipts are correct.

I hate to say it but I’ve got in the habit of buying online during sales and only going in to return or trade in games during a promotion .

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back