2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
I mean the B2G1 has been going for like two weeks now, with many titles heavily discounted. I'm kind of surprised they still have anything in stock.
Exactly, but I managed to snag metroid dread and pokemon shining pearl as part of a b2g1 today!

What if I want to return one of the non-free games in the B2G1 deal? The new version is the same price on PS direct. How do they calculate how much to refund? Or do they just not accept it? Also do I need to go back to the same store to return?

What if I want to return one of the non-free games in the B2G1 deal? The new version is the same price on PS direct. How do they calculate how much to refund? Or do they just not accept it? Also do I need to go back to the same store to return?
Been a while for me but if this was done in store you have to return all three. If done online, separate packing slips, etc. could complicate things, often in your benefit (return could be for full credit).

Just to tweak the above post, separate packing slips actually makes it easier to return it and it will definitely work in your benefit (if it's not the free game and showing $0.00).

No I meant for a online order.

I already purchased it, but I bought BF2042 this morning for like $45 after $25 off using GameStop.com reward certs.  Walmart has it for $47.  Just want to see if I can get a price adjustment lol.

No big deal either way.

Got a email saying Series S is preparing for shipment. From what I understand you guys are saying I can return it in store?

Wanting to return it, get my money back, and wait and see if that second one ever arrives.

No I meant for a online order.

I already purchased it, but I bought BF2042 this morning for like $45 after $25 off using GameStop.com reward certs. Walmart has it for $47. Just want to see if I can get a price adjustment lol.

No big deal either way.
You can try calling them? I don't know how much time I would sink into saving 2 dollars.

Returning it early is not a good idea, imo.
The Series S qualifies for the extended holiday return window anyway, so why not just sit on it?

Been a while for me but if this was done in store you have to return all three. If done online, separate packing slips, etc. could complicate things, often in your benefit (return could be for full credit).
Thanks! I bought it at a store. I think I will just keep it. Can't think of any game I want to exchange it for and don't think they will refund me if I just return the game.

Got a email saying Series S is preparing for shipment. From what I understand you guys are saying I can return it in store?

Wanting to return it, get my money back, and wait and see if that second one ever arrives.
I guess you can do that. I'd wait until the other one ships though, that way it doesn't draw unnecessary attention to the other $9.99 if it hasn't yet shipped at the time you return this one. Since I guess the employees can see online order info now, and if you get a Jr. Detective they may say something to somebody higher up about it.

I'd honestly just keep it, or try and sale it at around cost online or locally. That's assuming the other one ships, it it doesn't yeah totally return the full price one in store.

Honestly the less we talk about this deal, the less attention there is to it, the higher chance it goes through.

You can try calling them? I don't know how much time I would sink into saving 2 dollars.
It would be like $25. Game would have been $22.88 before taxes after the reward certs if they grant the online price match. Got it for $44.88 today.

But you're right, doesn't hurt to try. I'll call them.

Thanks.

Yesterday I got two Avengers (PS4 and Xbox) and Cyberpunk for $22. Traded the two Avengers in today for $15.40 each and used the credit towards RE Village (PS5), Outriders (PS5), and AC Valhalla (PS4). I’ll hopefully trade Village tomorrow and get Cyberpunk, AC Valhalla, and Outriders for ~$7 total. I’ve been wanting to try all three so it was a good BF. GameStop easily won these sales imo.

Just confirming the Xbox One X trades in at $325 for Pro Members.

On another note, the store I just left was SWAMPED, and then the registers went down.  It was nasty.

edit:  The console I traded in was a freebie I won from Taco Bell when the One X launched :)

I wouldn't wait if you are borderline about to buy 3 games, they will likely be oos if you wait, if they are not oos already.
yeah, i even dipped into my personal funds just to grab a few to flip. i'll sell others on ebay and make it back but there are still some deals out there.

Keep hoping ace attorney chronicles pre-owned will pop back in stock so I can use the b2g1 with it, monster hunter stories 2, and neo twewy. No luck so far been refreshing all day. Anyone know of something good to flip in the $28-$38 range?

that was weird, new super mario bros and zelda for switch were showing up for me at $26.99 for store pickup or their same day delivery thing. i checked a few other games and then they went out of stock.

edit, and available again, might be worth checking if you are looking for those switch games. those are the only 2 i see working like this.

Ground driver must have decided it wasn't worth it. Why do these stories always show Express vehicles? The amount of Chewy boxes says this is ground freight.

that was weird, new super mario bros and zelda for switch were showing up for me at $26.99 for store pickup or their same day delivery thing. i checked a few other games and then they went out of stock.

edit, and available again, might be worth checking if you are looking for those switch games. those are the only 2 i see working like this.
They had an ad in store today. Those two games were listed that price in the ad. They were the only two.

Found Sekiro PS4 pre owned in store!! The website was saying it was oos everywhere. Good thing my trade in credit wasn't working online.

For those that got the Xbox Series X bundle that included the Battlefield 2042 code, when you redeemed the code did it also give you the Xbox One version of Battlefield 2042 or just the Series X version of the game?

Bought all the $26.99 games I could (yes yes it is what it is)

And a SL tried to limit me. Come-on now lady it's 8 something pm everyone here who wanted them had 2 weeks at this price. Making the same running a store as the kid at target making $16 gotta chill out some.

Bought all the $26.99 games I could (yes yes it is what it is)

And a SL tried to limit me. Come-on now lady it's 8 something pm everyone here who wanted them had 2 weeks at this price. Making the same running a store as the kid at target making $16 gotta chill out some.
Burn her on the receipt survey. They have zero right to try and tell you what you can and can't buy (unless maybe it was like a next gen console, but even then it's your perogative how many items you buy).

Edit:
NVM. I was wrong.

I'm sure they can but what kinda person would even try to stop a $3000+ sale. Absolutely foolish and glad upper management told her so. I'm not even mad at her more at GameStop for the quality of people they've filled my store with.
$3k. Okay in that case I understand where she's coming from. I thought it was a couple hundred dollars.

I think they have something in their terms and conditions on the website about resellers/buying in bulk. Probably applies to in-store as well.

i dont leave them cause i dont want to be treated any worse in return
feel like asking to look at the old games is like pulling nails at these places and etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back