2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is Judgement/RE Village/Mass Effect Legendary a good trio to pick up?  Trying to avoid anything on Gamepass

Also, can anyone recommend the Ferrari Racing Wheel?

Bought all the $26.99 games I could (yes yes it is what it is)

And a SL tried to limit me. Come-on now lady it's 8 something pm everyone here who wanted them had 2 weeks at this price. Making the same running a store as the kid at target making $16 gotta chill out some.
Don't really think how much money she makes per hour is relevant.

My Xbox was cancelled, preorder bundle still not cancelled. Order is now showing $10+$9 in tax for some reason. Did receive code for 3 months of Xbox live oddly enough.

My Xbox was cancelled, preorder bundle still not cancelled. Order is now showing $10+$9 in tax for some reason. Did receive code for 3 months of Xbox live oddly enough.
I got an email with the 3 month GPU code. Says it shipped out the Series S and the Fortnite bundle will be shipped later. 324.32 total

*EDIT* I checked the website and it shows that my Series S is canceled with yesterday's date. The fortnite bundle is received and my total is $24.33 so I have no idea what is going on.

I got an email with the 3 month GPU code. Says it shipped out the Series S and the Fortnite bundle will be shipped later.
Nice, you actually got a tracking number? I ask because I got a "preparing for shipment" email for the non-bundle and now that one is the one showing cancelled. $10 bundle also says preparing for shipment (no email) so not really getting my hopes up on that.

Edit: I do see a 4.1lb tracking number in my FedEx account, still awaiting customer pickup, it's probably the label for the cancelled order, but if tracking updates I think I'll be safe. Best of luck to everyone else.

Nice, you actually got a tracking number? I ask because I got a "preparing for shipment" email for the non-bundle and now that one is the one showing cancelled. $10 bundle also says preparing for shipment (no email) so not really getting my hopes up on that.

Edit: I do see a 4.1lb tracking number in my FedEx account, still awaiting customer pickup, it's probably the label for the cancelled order, but if tracking updates I think I'll be safe. Best of luck to everyone else.
Did you cancel the full price one? I was planning on just returning it in store.

Is Judgement/RE Village/Mass Effect Legendary a good trio to pick up? Trying to avoid anything on Gamepass

Also, can anyone recommend the Ferrari Racing Wheel?
Mass Effect will eventually come to EA Play which is included in Game Pass Ultimate...for now. It may arrive in the next 3 months actually. Very curious what will happen at the Game Awards on 12/9 if there are bombshell announcements there!

Same. Series S digital bundle will likely be canceled also and I will be left with a 3 month game pass ultimate code that I was charged $10 tax for- worth it!!

Does anyone know how it would work out if I tried to exchange a brand new copy of Guardians of the Galaxy I bought during the B2G1 free sale 2 weeks ago for a different game, if that'd work?
I picked it up for 25 at Walmart yesterday figured I'd get a different game

Does anyone know how it would work out if I tried to exchange a brand new copy of Guardians of the Galaxy I bought during the B2G1 free sale 2 weeks ago for a different game, if that'd work?
As long as you have your receipt, the game is unopened, and it’s not the free one from that sale you should be ok.

that promo isn’t running anymore so you’d have to return all 3. If it was less than $30, just trade it in and get most of your money back

Same. Series S digital bundle will likely be canceled also and I will be left with a 3 month game pass ultimate code that I was charged $10 tax for- worth it!!
$10 for that but $12 in tax tho, lol. Kinda breaks even for the sale price. The bundle says order received so there’s still hope?

$10 for that but $12 in tax tho, lol. Kinda breaks even for the sale price. The bundle says order received so there’s still hope?
I'm in the same boat.My feeling is if the series S Fortnite bundle ships, we will be charged $299 for it. What is strange is I went on the desktop site, not app, to see if I could cancel my order. If I do so, what will be my final charge for the game pass? Will they nail us for $45 for that? It seems they have already adjusted our orders instead of cancelling them.

I'm in the same boat.My feeling is if the series S Fortnite bundle ships, we will be charged $299 for it. What is strange is I went on the desktop site, not app, to see if I could cancel my order. If I do so, what will be my final charge for the game pass? Will they nail us for $45 for that? It seems they have already adjusted our orders instead of cancelling them.
not sure but I my bundle only shows the $10 charge right now so I’m gonna see how it plays out. I can see it getting cancelled too or technically they owe us a Xbox iirc so it’s worth the wait.

Hi, if I buy a game with pickup in store, how long do they keep the game for? Not sure if could make it today. Thanks.

I got an email with the 3 month GPU code. Says it shipped out the Series S and the Fortnite bundle will be shipped later. 324.32 total

*EDIT* I checked the website and it shows that my Series S is canceled with yesterday's date. The fortnite bundle is received and my total is $24.33 so I have no idea what is going on.
I just checked my email and I was charged the same thing. The only difference with my order is they canceled the regular Series S, but they show 2 Fortnite bundles shipping later.

Same here. Got the code and says the bundle ships later for $27.37... Wonder if it will actually ship.

I just checked my email and I was charged the same thing. The only difference with my order is they canceled the regular Series S, but they show 2 Fortnite bundles shipping later.

Same here. Got the code and says the bundle ships later for $27.37... Wonder if it will actually ship.
The release date for the Fortnite bundle is 12/2 so we will see what happens on either Wednesday or Thursday.

The email with the gamepass code shows two fortnite bundles, and one canceled series s for $324.

Then if I hop over to the GameStop app it only shows one Fortnite bundle, and one cancelled series s for $24.09.

Not sure which one is correct and I don’t think gamestop knows either.

The email with the gamepass code shows two fortnite bundles, and one canceled series s for $324.

Then if I hop over to the GameStop app it only shows one Fortnite bundle, and one cancelled series s for $24.09.

Not sure which is one is correct and I don’t think gamestop knows either.
knowing gs, they are going to charge everyone $324 for 3 months of gpu lol

you ordered 2? Wow, I respect it but good luck with that
No. People only ordered the standalone Xbox Series S AND Xbox Series S Fortnite bundle for $309.99, BUT they are now getting charged either an additional $299.99 (the price of the Xbox Series S Fortnite bundle), $44.99 (the price of 3-Months Game Pass Ultimate), or both.

This part is confusing though. Are we still getting the bundle for $10 or nah? Probably not and it’s just a return but what are y’all interpretations?

This part is confusing though. Are we still getting the bundle for $10 or nah? Probably not and it’s just a return but what are y’all interpretations?
So weird because they literally already shipped me one for full price. But the email says we're still getting the bundle.. but also that they're removing the incorrectly priced one (which was the bundle).

and a $10 coupon code to boot hehehe…
Why are you saying "hehe"? "Rest assured you will be receiving the Xbox Series S Digital Edition Fortnite & Rocket League bundle along with the 3 months of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate.

Because this was our mistake, we will be providing the 3 months of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate absolutely free to you while also removing the incorrectly priced console from your order.

If you’d like to purchase a second Xbox Series S console, please feel free to visit us at GameStop.com where you will find these consoles readily available for purchase."

It sounds like they're shipping a Series S for normal price. I don't think most people actually want one.

Got the cancellation email as well, can't complain about 3 months of GPU for free and a $10 coupon. Trying to decide whether to cancel the bundle or wait for it to get shipped and return it in store on the .0000000001% chance that it actually gets shipped for $10. Probably will just wait and then return it in store.

On another note, I just received two of the orders that I placed on BF and all 6 games were original box and art and they sent me a sealed copy of Mario 3D World. Got another 2 orders with 9 games still to come, so hopefully my luck stays the same.

Why are you saying "hehe"? "Rest assured you will be receiving the Xbox Series S Digital Edition Fortnite & Rocket League bundle along with the 3 months of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate.

Because this was our mistake, we will be providing the 3 months of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate absolutely free to you while also removing the incorrectly priced console from your order.

If you’d like to purchase a second Xbox Series S console, please feel free to visit us at GameStop.com where you will find these consoles readily available for purchase."

It sounds like they're shipping a Series S for normal price. I don't think most people actually want one.
hehehe was for the free coupon for $10 that I can use for b2g1. you can always return the xbox. i will be...

Agree. This is how I read it as well. Does anyone else show a pending charge on their card? If so, how much? Why not just cancel and keep the $10 to avoid the return?
Because they assume you actually wanted at least one of the Series Ss and somehow accidentally got a second one in your cart for $10 (rather than you taking advantage of an unadvertised glitch).

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back